News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

welcome to the forum (stop by and say hello!)

Started by UC, July 10, 2009, 11:01:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RP

So Santa doesn´t exist?
Today my new drumit five has arrived, he may be a little late, but...

Tomorrow i will play the new year in...

I have follow you guys for over one year, and finally i got one.

I´ll let you know how it goes

Stefan
RP rockers
My roland will die a slow but violent death (my son is taking over)

CU

Krillo

Hi all,

Krillo here from the vdrums and the unofficially-ddrum forums, can't remember my nick on the old ddrums.com forum  ;D
Still using my old ddrum3 hoping to afford a 2box soon, but also waiting for the 8" tompads. Why the 12" snare? What acoustic player uses a 12" snare!?

Evy

What ekit has a 14 inch?  I did had a 12 inch snare many moons ago, some odd australian wood thing.

puttenvr

Perhaps the larger the pad the more difficult (inaccurate) triggering will be

Krillo

Quote from: puttenvr on December 31, 2010, 04:40:22 PM
Perhaps the larger the pad the more difficult (inaccurate) triggering will be

Yeah, that's what I've figured. I use an a-e converted 13" snare, which is the smallest diameter I find comfortable. I probably would get used to the 12" though.

hopeno

Hello,

just got my drumit five kit yesterday .. I have been acoustic drummer since 1997 and now decided to move on to electric drums. These drums finally have that 'something' that was absent in other brands drums  :) Overall quality of the set seems to be quite good, but will likely replace hihat stand and kick pedal. One thing I do not understand is that why only 4gb flash memory?

Thanks to this site, I knew that some tweaking was needed before the set sounded great. But now it does! This may sound crazy but I have already ordered a Jobeky 13" snare and Smartrigger 16" ride .. 

You seem to be quite experts here, so let me ask your opinion about few things:

First, what is currently the best hi-hat available - and will work with the drumit module? Looking for "brasslike" feel, also mechanical operation should be close to acoustic hi-hat. I have high quality stands, so just need plates. Smartrigger?

Second, any experiences of using HK Audio Lucas XT for monitoring? Is there enough bass kick?

Third, what is the brand of the black mesh heads shipped with 2box and what brand(s) do you recommend? I would like to use brushes ..

Fourth, how to buy a 2Box 8" or 14" pad? If something goes broke, or would like to have a 2Box spare clamp etc. - where to buy?

Thanks for reading and Happy New Year to all!

Petri (Finland)

rpb1966

Hi guys, and ladies

I recognise a few names on here PuttenVR, Kryinstock and maybe a few others, Scott I've spoken to you on the phone a few times quite a few years ago when ordering parts for my old Ddrum 4 SE (which has been sold) so its nice to be where their are familiar faces, anyway I bought a 2 Box Kit on NYE and I am impressed, I have been reading some of the posts and I have a few things I would like to mention, but for now I am loving the kit, a big improvement over the Ddrum 4 SE, but saying that the Ddrum 4 is still a fantastic kit, the 2 Box blows everything else out of the water, just looking forward to some OS updates, and a software editor which we can use for adding hi-hats, cymbals, I am sure that will come in later releases, but I know Bengt and gang are working hard on this.

Happy New Year folks

Russ

edtc

hi russ !

on this topic you ll find intel about an editor made by someone in this community...
http://www.2box-forum.com/index.php/topic,285.0.html
There is a demo 30 days trial ...

have a nice day , and welcome!

Kyrrinstoch

Hey Russ! It's been a Long time!

I'm curious - where did you get your DrumIt5 setup? I'm (impatiently) waiting for them to be available here in the US...

rpb1966

Quote from: Kyrrinstoch on January 04, 2011, 05:03:23 PM
Hey Russ! It's been a Long time!

I'm curious - where did you get your DrumIt5 setup? I'm (impatiently) waiting for them to be available here in the US...

Hi mate I got mine from Absolute Music here in the UK, has the USA not received any Drum It 5 kits then?, your missing out big time, I take it you still have your cast precision Ddrum 4 kit, mine is just waiting to be picked up....and thanks for the link edtc

puttenvr

Hi Russ
Welcome onboard and great to re-unite
The true quality of fine drums always bring people back together  8)

rpb1966

Quote from: puttenvr on January 05, 2011, 04:49:11 PM
Hi Russ
Welcome onboard and great to re-unite
The true quality of fine drums always bring people back together  8)

I could nt agree more mate.  :patbat2box:

Kyrrinstoch

Quote from: rpb1966 on January 05, 2011, 02:43:48 PM
Hi mate I got mine from Absolute Music here in the UK, has the USA not received any Drum It 5 kits then?, your missing out big time, I take it you still have your cast precision Ddrum 4 kit, mine is just waiting to be picked up....and thanks for the link edtc
Russ, still nothing here unless I want to have it imported. Since I'm a stickler for making sure I can get support and replacement parts in a reasonable time frame, I'll be waiting for a bit :(

Mopsi

Hello to everybody,

I received my Kit last Thursday. After some tweaks (triggergain, mixes of the set etc..) i´m really happy with it.
What a difference in sound to the roland kits. I´m impressed.

Best wishes Mopsi