News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

welcome to the forum (stop by and say hello!)

Started by UC, July 10, 2009, 11:01:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slagverket

Quote from: Mesursur on November 12, 2010, 03:48:18 PM
...Isn't is possible to call 2box, drive to them in your volvo 240 station and get you own? Or arent they fabricated in Sverige?

Dunno... I thought they were designed in Sweden but manufactured somewere in Asia?? BUt I called TTS (Swedish dist., all sales go through them) and they gave me the 1/11... I totally understand 2box wants to go through a dist. It would be mayhem for them otherwise...

BTW. I'm making panncaces for the kidz... and yes... its a Volvo... but V70 ;-)

Cuban

Ok, so I have done this the wrong way around, I've been posting for a few days, but haven't had the courtesy to formally say hello!

I played drums in the late 70's through to the middle 80's and enjoyed a few moments of success along the way. I quit in 1985 (not really through choice) and didn't touch a kit until 1999 when I purchased a Yamaha DTXPress. The timing was wrong as I had just launched my business, so while it was meant as a stress relief to dealing with rock star demands 24/7, it sat mostly idle as I simply didn't have the time to play. That said, it did give me enough confidence to take the stage for one song with an ex member of Supertramp who did his best to convince me to continue playing.

Jump forward to 2007. I bought a Roland kit to try and get away from work, but once again, business got in the way, so it sat idle until January 2009. However, since then, there has been a massive percussive explosion in my life. I've since worked through each of the Roland range (including old modules) as well as acquiring a few nice acoustic kits and am now out playing with two bands in my spare time.

I'd looked at 2Box in February 2009 and loved the concept but not so much the looks and with the complete package being the only purchase option, despite ticking many boxes, I stepped back. This week I learned that the module was available now as a stand alone product and that really lit a fire under me.

I've fast tracked my research and also tested the whole kit. As a result, I have just ordered the module and plan to test it with other 'e' drum products in the coming weeks and months. I may yet purchase a whole kit to have at my studio as I have three separate requirements for 'e' drums in what I do, but for now, I am excited to be here and to see how far the boundaries of the 2Box product will reach.

It seems the forum has got off to a great start and reading the input from those working within 2Box, it seems you can't ask for a better home to discuss the equipment.

So that's my little story and my apologies again for not saying hello sooner!

rythm

Welcome Cuban! I just read your review at the Vdrum forum with interest. I´ve found it hard to maintain a serious discussion about 2Box over there.

Anyway, I was a bit skeptic in the beginning, but tried the DrumIt Five a couple of times and came to very much the same conclusion as you. I´ve used my MK1-kit about 15 times live, just upgraded to the MK2 rack stand, and don´t feel the need to bring my Roland TD-20 up from the basement.
And I don´t honestly think you´ll regret buying them.

UC

Geoff

Hi everyone.
Im Geoff and I live in Queensland, Australia. I have been looking at getting a 2box to use in a live setting. I play in an ambient project called Echotide and im really interested in the multisampling, effects routing and multichannel out which make this such a great unit for live shows.
I also play in a prog band called Quandary and am proud to call myself a proghead :P

UC

Quote from: Geoff on December 14, 2010, 09:14:31 AM
Hi everyone.
Im Geoff and I live in Queensland, Australia. I have been looking at getting a 2box to use in a live setting. I play in an ambient project called Echotide and im really interested in the multisampling, effects routing and multichannel out which make this such a great unit for live shows.
I also play in a prog band called Quandary and am proud to call myself a proghead :P

Welcome aboard mate, please feel free to plug your music with some links over here :)

Geoff

just did :D, there is alot to listen to over there. I get around a few different bands :D

Slagverket

@Geoff

There are more "Progheads" around... beware...  ;)

dmc2020

Hey there,

New to this forum, thought I'd say hello.

Just got my 2box kit last night, can't wait to actually have the time to play it tonight.

up here in Canada I've noticed a couple of places to get them if people are looking. One is Mojo Music in Oakville Ontario(where I got mine) and Axe Music out west(which delivers).

Anyway, I already have picked up a few tips from this forum and can't wait to be visiting back here often. Thanks.

Evy

Nice to see another Canuck on the forum!!!  I thought it was just me and a bunch of europeans, brits and aussies!!
The kit is wonderful!  Did you get the MK2?

dmc2020

I did, the store I got it at now has 2 left I believe.

I can't wait to have some time with it tonight.

Evy

I assume because they just got them in that your kit isn't affected by a batch of bad data cards.  There is a thread on this forum dealing with that.  About 500 kits were affected.  Not trying to scare you!  Bengt aka "Insider" is on this forum and can help if there is a problem.  2Box has been sending out new ones asap.  The support on this forum is awesome, lots of folks who know plenty about edrums so if you have any questions, don't hesitate.

nonoduweb

Bengt is Insider? This forum abounds with stars and celebrities... :rock:

Evy