News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

welcome to the forum (stop by and say hello!)

Started by UC, July 10, 2009, 11:01:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slagverket

Evy, thanx for the comment. Unfortunately they did not have a kit in ANY shop... Closest Stockholm (200km)... Say it's a supply problem... GRAHG!!! Anyhow... nice to hear it SHOULD be a great change in sound. I plan to use the 2Box mainly for rehersal and I'm primarily looking to have it "tuned" to an acoustic sound as close to my own "analog" as possible... I have played almost alla electronics on the market in the days... TD20 is ok but "out of the box" I still find the toms to be to far from the "real" thing... Anyhows... I told the guy at my local shop to check on delivery times and give me a call... Also... I will want to add 2 more cymbals (single trigger is ok) for my splash/china... but I guess thats ok to do? Then I'll be fine with the practice set up! BTW... "Slagverket" (Swedish) means more or less "Percussion" since "Slagverk" is the "old" acronym for almost anything "drums" (before breaking in to all sorts and varieties)... But also it's used to be an acronym for "hammerworks" ie. heavy sounding industry... Well... I thought it fitting since I tend to be a bit loud... (as a soundguy politely put it during a soundcheck whilst throwing off his headphones)... "- Sir, you have a very distinct attack"...  ;)

rythm

Slagverket: Give TTS Sweden a call (they´re located in Jonsered, just outside Gothenburg), since they´re 2Box swedish wholesaler/distributor. They´re nice guys and let me try the kit before I bought it when my local store didn´t have one.

Evy

Slag I hope you get to try a kit soon.  The main difference between the 2box and roland is the 'real' sound and dynamics.
I was in your place, 2 kids...no time to drag a kit around all over the place, didn't want to spend thousands upon thousands professionally soundproofing the garage(or swedish equivalent).  I was looking at other kits---even the horrible DTX550---shudder...or contemplating going back to Roland or even something different like HART.  Then I came across 2box and lo and behold my local shop had one in the back(I couldn't quite believe it)  And I'm all the way in Canada...anyhoo, suffice to say, it fills the space in my head that needed to be satisfied I was playing an ekit that felt as close to the real thing as possible.  I once had a Roland TD9 with mesh heads that simply did not do that for me.
As for other parts, there are some pads available through Scottie on this forum.  Cymbals are harder to come by at this point but something like Kit Toys will work, and they have smaller sizes and chinas.  The big complaint about 2box so far is a lack of spare pieces, but in their defence they are trying to keep up with demand for the kits.  Good luck!

rythm

As Evy says, Kit Toys works with DrumIt Five, although not the choke function. I use a 10" as china and a 8" as - surprise  ;) - a splash.

Slagverket

Quote from: rythm on November 10, 2010, 04:30:11 PM
Slagverket: Give TTS Sweden a call.

Thanx! I have an account at TTS (not very well used these days) so that settles it  ;D I'll give ém a ring first thing in the morning!!!

Slagverket

Quote from: Evy on November 10, 2010, 06:29:07 PM
Slag I hope you get to try a kit soon.  The main difference between the 2box and roland is the 'real' sound and dynamics....
As for other parts, there are some pads available through Scottie on this forum.  Cymbals are harder to come by at this point but something like Kit Toys will work, and they have smaller sizes and chinas.

Good input... As I stated earlier. I'll give TTS a ring. If they can provide I'll order without trying. I trust you guys on this one  :rock: Thanx for the tip on cymbals... no real hurry to get them but I will asap as I get the kit. Thanx again Evy and Rythm... This is what a GOOD forum is all about!!!

Evy

the other nice thing about this forum is 2Box is listening.  If there are problems, the developer deals directly with us.
Right now there is an issue with some sound cards which will hopefully be rectified asap!  Great service IMO.

rudiman

Where can i buy Kit Toys cymbals..Found there website but no order information or email address??

johamarc

s.oliver

Just want to say hello from Munich, Germany. I have my kit two weeks now and like it soooo much. It's a MK1 but I got it new and 600€ cheaper. Therefore I bought an additional Roland MDS-9 rack and mixed it up with some parts of the original rack. (The horizontal bars in the center frame and on the right.) That rack is like a tank now. Snare stand and hihat stand is Sonor hardware. I also modified the kickpad like it is in the MK2 version. I just have to get one more cymbal and then it will be perfect!

Happy drumming!  :patbat2box:

Cheers
Oliver

(p.s. please notice the wall color on the right.  ;D )

Slagverket

@S.Oliver... good luck with the kit. Seems like a good deal you did there. Hmmm... I thought it'd be easy to get a new kit by the weekend but alas its friday...  :-[ In Sweden they say no MK-II deliverys until after x-mas. So Iv'e mailed Thomann to see what thet can get me... Actually I would go for your option if I just could find a new MK-I for sale... I have so much hardware around so the MK-I rack is not an issue... But perhaps there are upgrades to pads and cymbals... Hmmm... to wait or not to wait... Scottie... can you help me out here...  ::)

Mesursur

@Slagverk (slagwerk in dutch ;) )

First of all, HI and welcome :)

Second. You live in Sverige. Isn't is possible to call 2box, drive to them in your volvo 240 station and get you own? Or arent they fabricated in Sverige?

jopes

@Slagverket
Got my kit from thomann 1 month ago. Received a MKII rack with the kit but the kick-pad is definitely MKI, dunno about the other pads or cympals.

And hello by the way

Mesursur

@s.Oliver

You'll definitely need an orange headphone  ;D

puttenvr