News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

welcome to the forum (stop by and say hello!)

Started by UC, July 10, 2009, 11:01:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slap the drummer

Hi all!  just thought I'd say hello.  Used to play acoustic many moons ago and have been wanting to try an edrum kit for a few years now.  And its finally going to happen because I've taken the plunge, and my brand new Drumit 5 is being delivered tomorrow!!! (all being well).  I can't wait to get  :drum3:.
Cheers!

puttenvr

Welcome on board, and hope you'll enjoy the 2Box

Slap the drummer

Thanks - I hope so too!  I'm kind of holding my breath until it's all set up and I can see how it sounds and feels.
I've gone for it just on the basis of what I've seen and read on the web, and the fact that when I've tried Roland kits in stores and stuff, they've not really felt right -- oh, and I just LOVE that orange colour.

Lisa

Hey there, just thought I'd introduce myself. Joined the forum today so I could get help with a question.
Anyway, I'm Lisa, and I live in Australia. Have been a 2box owner for about 6 months now. I have wanted an e-kit for quite a while, but never really liked the feel and the compactness of the Rolands. My drum teacher had a Roland kit, but then he got a 2box. After I played his, i just had to get one for myself. I haven't really played my acoustic kit since getting my 2box. It's a Tama Superstar...and strangely it's orange, too  :D

UC

rainbow

Welcome Lisa !

orange is a very attractive color  ;D

Evy

Quote from: puttenvr on October 19, 2010, 05:09:35 AM
So do we ...

Yes putt...your countries snazzy outfits were all the rage during the Olympics here in Vancouver!  Especially the curlers pants, they were very in demand!  Nice pic;)

puttenvr

Lisa

Slap the drummer

Re: so do we....

Was that a freebie - I didn't get one with my kit! 

ddrum4se

QuoteGreat this new forum !
Hope it will be succesful as www.ddrums.com was some years ago
Just a question: why not painting it orange a bit ?   
And what about those hex-pads on the background     

Hi All,

I remember well ddrums.com, and indeed Puttenvr - a great site it was! I have travelled here, as after nearly 4 or 5 years of not using my 2002 Ddrum4 SE I have got it back out and using it again, along with some experiments with Boom Theory e-drums and Smartrigger cymbals - I want to give the whole acoustic look, and acoustic sound, but e-drums another go. I had forgotten how great the ddrum4 se is.

rudiman

Hello, My name is Ruud and iam from the Netherlands.
Sold my TD20 today..and tommorow i gonna buy a 2BOX.
Hope i don't regret it :-)
Anyone experience with different brand cymbalpads on the 2box?
Because one crash wil not do the job!

ddrum4se

QuoteHello, My name is Ruud and iam from the Netherlands.
Sold my TD20 today..and tommorow i gonna buy a 2BOX.
Hope i don't regret it :-)

Hi Ruud,

Hello to the forum - like me (well similar) I am giving my old ddrm4 se a return after playing a TD20 K expanded for 3 years. Why did you change?? For me - I wanted a real looking kit and acoustic sounds - so going down the ddrum4 se module route with Boom Theory space muffin drums and Smartrigger cymbals.
I will be getting some smartrigger hats soon to try out - not sure if the ddrum4 se and 2Box are similar - but will let you know how I get on.

puttenvr

Hello there to Holland, from Holland
You won't regret the change from vdrums to 2box
Cymbals are 4sale here http://www.2box-forum.com/index.php/topic,473.msg5280/boardseen.html#new