News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

welcome to the forum (stop by and say hello!)

Started by UC, July 10, 2009, 11:01:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

marecsek

Hi there all fans of Drum It Five.

got my 2 box, KIT 3 weeks ago, really enjoying it (trying to kick the small bugs out), but this is the FUTURE. I love the sound! Love the sounds and openess of the system! This is the future!

Check here from us from PRAGUE (special thanx to Mr. TOMAS CORN, Fast CR, 2 box distributor):

...........................................................................................
http://www.gariq.com/Backup/2BOX_DrumIt5_commercialVER03.mov
...........................................................................................

http://www.vimeo.com/5604997

More coming directly from 2 Box from us!

Thnx for nice MACHINE guys!

Marecsek
www.gariq.com

Travis182

That is such a cool video marecsek, awesome job ;). The drums look great aswell for your bands style they fit in very well. Can't wait for more.

How are you getting on with the drums?

marecsek

Thx  Travis...
I really love the drums, I was eager to gt these... This is something TOTALY NEW GOING ON... NEW SOUND, NEW OWN SAMPLES, GREAT MANCHINE...

We already did recording in studio.. Everthing working great.
I will post in autum some new song with video. I thing with this you can get just better.
Samples are REAL GREAT QUALITY .Machine software needs 1-2 days t get along but it is NOT anything that HARD to get used to. then just EXPERIMENT, and do all WICKED STUFF!

Enjoy then...

(I sound like a dealer or something :-)))) but funny I am not... my friend he got me this kit... He is a man - THX Mr. TOMAS CORN)

marecsek

Scarred25

Hey guys!

How r ya? Just wanted to drop by and say hello! It's very interesting to read all the stuff that has been posted...

P.S. Thanx Theo for letting the admins know... I was already thinking that I'd might never get in here! And no... I STILL haven't gotten the confirmation email... Oh well, after all I'm here now ain't I? Hope to further read and post on here...

Cheers!  ;D

HM

Hi everyone!
I just ordered my kit last week from my local dealer here in Finland. Hope I'll get my 2box set before Christmas! :D

puttenvr

Hi
and welcome to the forum
Hope the set will be there soon

lumakeo

Hi!
Thanks for all the infos and answers that forum gives.
I'll buy a 2box drumkit but i have a doubt: the noise.
I already have a Roland drumset (td 3) which have a stand alone kick pad and rubber pads.
The noise level is quite high with the roland,in particulary the kick's vibrations that run over floor and walls.
For this reason my neighbour went mad and now i can't play the roland more :(.

Looking for the 2box i see that the kick pad is linked to the rack so i guess that maybe noise and vibraitions will be reducted.
Also the mesh head will be more silent than the rubber one, am i right?
Is sad for a drummer living in apartment.
Has anyone compared 2box noise with any other edrum set ? (roland or yamaha is nearly the same)

Thank you for your opinion

UC

Hi Lumakeo, welcome on board.

The DrumIt's kick is certainly much quieter than my DD4's setup (real head, aluminium cast shell, pedal from my old Pearl Export), and those TD 3 kicks have quite a solid "thwack" to them too.

I'm guessing your problem is the mechanical vibration going through the floor though, and you'll probably get that at some level from anything you bang repeatedly :D

There's some good suggestions over here:
http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/page-44573_32_0.html
...none of the answers are 'quick and easy' but you might get some good ideas.

My advice is go and spend some time trying the DrumIt out in a drum shop, preferably with a friend, so you can take it in turns playing & listening to how much noise it's likely to transmit in your apartment, compared to your TD3.

If that fails, give us your neighbour's address and we'll teach him some tolerance of percussion :D

Tooltip

Nice to have this forum! I´m expecting my kit in late september... Wohaaa. Have been testing it here in Sweden and it´s simply amazing. Can´t wait.

lumakeo

Thanks for the tip.
One of these days i will test the orange jewel in the nearest drumshop that has it (300 km far from my house...) then i can tell you about the noise comparison.
Meanwhile i'm looking for isolate the floor using rubber carpets, moquette, wood..... trying to find the cheapest and more efficent way to solve the problem.
Maybe it would be make the neighbour deaf  :)

UC

Hi Tooltip, glad to hear your bright orange baby is on its way!

There's a youtube thread on the forum, it would be great if new owners could post up a video when / if they feel ready to show the world :D

PYC

Hi Everyone,

I'm one of the lucky owner of this kit, I bought mine 2 months ago in Paris France.

does anyone know when the software will coming out ?

See you very soon.

PYC

spoenk

Quote from: lumakeo on August 24, 2009, 08:52:26 AM
Thanks for the tip.
One of these days i will test the orange jewel in the nearest drumshop that has it (300 km far from my house...) then i can tell you about the noise comparison.
Meanwhile i'm looking for isolate the floor using rubber carpets, moquette, wood..... trying to find the cheapest and more efficent way to solve the problem.
Maybe it would be make the neighbour deaf  :)

i've been using something like this for the bass drum pedal of my old set:

http://www.schutzmatten.com/shop/show/show_pr/Neuheiten/Antivibrations-Gummimatte/~kid32/~tplprodukt_1/~prid848.htm

and i'm planning to use about 4 pieces when i get the 2box, which is soon i hope ...

KlaS

Just wanted to say hello in the forum. Playing A-set over 30 years - I´ve got my kit three weeks ago and played the first club live gig with it last friday. All were very happy with the sound -mixer, musicians and I. Using extra stands for HiHat and ride cymbal, my own bass drum pedal, a Alesis Surge cymbal for second crash (works, but not without mistakes - better than nothing), mixed only over out 1+2 (no time to change), and only tuned loudness and decay of the original sets. It works great. Absolutly no problems with the rack. It´s only a little bit more shaking than my A-set (Pearl mmx with Pearl rack) and I can`t confirm the "horror stories" of a "toy-rack". Now I´m waiting for update. My first "live" impression - good job 2box.  ;D
KlaS