News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

welcome to the forum (stop by and say hello!)

Started by UC, July 10, 2009, 11:01:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

roel

Quote from: puttenvr on April 17, 2010, 11:54:31 AM
Or are there any new sounds on board?
If yes, post them somewhere for download

I want a phil collins kit with roto toms (in the air tonight)!!! that would be cool!

puttenvr

Phil Collins didn't play roto toms on In the Air Tonight but concert toms (single headed toms) with a gated reverb on it. Nevertheless I want roto's too

madmanmafimardi

It is possible too find Samples very close (if not the same) to that sound on the internet. have to see my browser history (Can take days, long time ago I found them)
But it is so cool and fun to play, in fact the whole kit is on the internet.

Baby Samus

Give me a Bill Bruford style kit, a classic Gretsch Phil Collins sounding kit, and a christian vander kit.  Samples of a nice DW would be good to.  Hell just one of those would make me giddy!

PS - MY BD light is fine  ;)

puttenvr

Quote from: madmanmafimardi on April 20, 2010, 10:31:38 AM
It is possible too find Samples very close (if not the same) to that sound on the internet. have to see my browser history (Can take days, long time ago I found them)
But it is so cool and fun to play, in fact the whole kit is on the internet.

Are these samples multi layered?

madmanmafimardi

Quote from: puttenvr on April 20, 2010, 02:53:31 PM
Are these samples multi layered?

Sorry, no, I had to "copy-paste-gain down" to map velocities in adobe audition (or any wave editor) it was before I knew how to use dsoundtool properly.
So I don´t think my "phil".dsnd kit is very good only, ok.

I´m still looking for the url. though

hefu

Quote from: Baby Samus on April 20, 2010, 01:28:17 PM
Give me a Bill Bruford style kit, a classic Gretsch Phil Collins sounding kit, and a christian vander kit.  Samples of a nice DW would be good to.  Hell just one of those would make me giddy!

PS - MY BD light is fine  ;)

There are quite a few DW's on the 2box already. Everything called VLT or Xshell is DW.
I tend to use prg 40, Genious John G a lot. That's John Good, DW vice president, and head of research.
:)

roel

Man Iam so happy with my 2box drumit five! its great.
also I wanna thank you for making this great forum.
greetings,
roel.

puttenvr

Good you didn't listen to some negative geezers on other forums, but followed your own heart and mind

roel

Quote from: puttenvr on April 27, 2010, 05:12:24 AM
Good you didn't listen to some negative geezers on other forums, but followed your own heart and mind

in nederland zijn er genoeg puttenvr die negatief over de 2box zijn zie drumforum.nl

Remi

Quote from: roel on April 27, 2010, 07:32:48 PM
in nederland zijn er genoeg puttenvr die negatief over de 2box zijn zie drumforum.nl

gebaseerd op wat andere schrijven en kits die bij winkels staan!
Ik ben super tevreden maar ik speel dan ook geen metal met dubbel pedaal :drum3:

puttenvr

Quote from: roel on April 27, 2010, 07:32:48 PM

Oh... bedoelde ik die?  :D

strutt

Hello all,
First off what a great place! It reminds me of the old days of the ddrums.com website. I have been a long time ddrum user. I've had both versions of the ddrum4, still have a ddrum3 brain, and have owned a td20 roland kit. To me, it seems like nothing is better than ddrum, until now. The drumit 5 seems to be what we always wanted in the ddrum5. Being in the US, I can't go to a show and try the kit out, but have been able to find the answers to most of my questions here and also from reading the manual. I really like the ability to create my own custom sounds and have played with their kit builder software. It nice to drop some of my samples from Battery 3 and create sounds. It's nice to drop 8 samples of a gong and create a multi sample and it's much easier than doing it with my dd3.

Currently, with the band I'm in, I am using a 5 piece kit, I use my dd3 to trigger the 5 drums and have a pad for "extra bells and whistles." It's nice to have each sound on it own output for the sound guy to control. Some rooms I trigger sounds and mic my kit. I also use a Roland SPD-S. 1/3 of the songs we play have a keyboard sequence. I also have a 1 bar click for the other songs. It's nice to have the tempos the same at each gig. If I'm reading the manual correctly, the Drumit 5 does have 6 mono outputs, plus I can use the head phone for either a stereo output or split them and have two more mono outs. So I should have enough outputs. I couldn't find it in the manual, but I know I can load wav files of my "songs." Is there a button on the unit that starts and stops the songs? Can I assign a pad to start and stop the song?

Again, what a great product and what a great place to get information.  I'm almost ready to import a kit from the UK.

Strutt

Baby Samus

Hi Strutt, welcome to the forum.

Yes, you can copy .wav files into the module and have the module play them, but you need to press a button on the module to do this.  The good thing about the 2Box is, if you mention a feature here it may well end up in the next software update!

For instance, the kit has no metronome but one will be included in the next software update, also improved cymbal triggering.  There is a thread here which you can use to list what you would like to see in future software and hardware updates for the kit and module:

http://www.2box-forum.com/index.php/topic,287.0.html

2Box are listening to us so we shall see what the next update brings - I think many people would like the facilty that you suggest.  The unit indeed has 6 outs, and I think 1 or two more depending on how you configure it - I have not used all the outs so far as I use real cymbals and a real snare live.  You can also use the mix-in jack to play another device into the module, like an mp3 player or live mix etc.

strutt

Sounds like this could easily replace my dd3 and my Spds. I could have each song from my setlist programed as a drumkit. Then the songs with the "tracks," hit a button to start the sequence. If need be, I could hit another button and stop it. It would be easier to hit a pad and start the song, hit the same pad again to stop it, maybe down the road...