News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

welcome to the forum (stop by and say hello!)

Started by UC, July 10, 2009, 11:01:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drumpig

Hi all, Lifetime acoustic touring/recording drummer here but relatively new to E drumming, just purchased my first 2Box to go along with my converted kit (silent stroke mesh heads and Triggera intriggs on toms, Onhead and inbox on the snare, real cymbals and hats mic'd up) put this all together for recording purposes only. Just ordered the Jman mod for the module and downloaded Lustars SDSE software, still getting to grips with how this brain works and a little nervous about doing the wrong thing when trying to add/remove kits etc! looking forward to any advice/help i can get while scouring the forums and am sure i'll be asking a few questions soon enough. Anyway, nice to virtually meet you all.
Cheers!

edtc

convinient setup !!!

welcome to the 2box forum

welshsteve

Quote from: Drumpig on July 06, 2017, 07:04:02 PM
Hi all, Lifetime acoustic touring/recording drummer here but relatively new to E drumming, just purchased my first 2Box to go along with my converted kit (silent stroke mesh heads and Triggera intriggs on toms, Onhead and inbox on the snare, real cymbals and hats mic'd up) put this all together for recording purposes only. Just ordered the Jman mod for the module and downloaded Lustars SDSE software, still getting to grips with how this brain works and a little nervous about doing the wrong thing when trying to add/remove kits etc! looking forward to any advice/help i can get while scouring the forums and am sure i'll be asking a few questions soon enough. Anyway, nice to virtually meet you all.
Cheers!

Hi Drumpig,
Welcome to the family. Nice set up you have there. Don't be nervous about doing the wrong thing, anything can be reset if it goes all array. I am interested to know how you get on with the Intrigs. I have a set but don't use them at the moment. Put a post on set-up and tips or general section when you're ready.
Steve
My Hovercraft is full of Eels!

Coda

Yeah, welcome. I recommend taking a backup of the internal SD card before you change anything, or even before you enable the write access.

Itsme

Well I've been playing and gigging with a Roland TD-12 from 2008, Td6 & 3 before that, converted A to E kit, but as the years have gone by and listening to the new Roland offerings I came to the conclusion that they all sound the bloody same, all they've done is add for FX ,EQ and other little bits of electronic tech sounds all of which I turn off to gig with so its just a clean sound at the board. Then came 2box, read all the reviews and raves but could never find one to demo so forgot about it really, then came the ALESIS strike kit, searched everywhere for a demo kit to try , nowhere had one set up but then I found one store 50 miles away with a demo kit and upgraded firmware, so off I go with cash in pocket to try and hopefully buy, WHAT A WASTE OF TIME, 15 seconds to change kits,the worst rubber cymbals I've ever hit, hi-hat like playing a brick , (sorry for slagging the brick, they are usfull ) pads won't last 2 mins with all those flimsy tower cones, needless to say I drove home empty, it's at this point I remembered the 2,box, so back on the internet to search, I found an ex Demo kit with warranty for £1300 so took the plunge and bought it, One week down the line and after clearing all the not so usfull song an loop files off the SD card for more room I now have an absolutely great sounding drum kit, even works with my A to E kit, cymbal setup needed a bit of getting right but the sounds in the module make Roland sounds toy like, I'm now in the process of selling most of my Roland gear hopefully  never to return, WHY OH WHY DIDNT I DO THIS YEARS AGO. sorry for long winded introduction but had to get it off my chest. Duncan.

Coda

Quote from: Itsme on August 20, 2017, 06:19:40 AM...WHY OH WHY DIDNT I DO THIS YEARS AGO. sorry for long winded introduction but had to get it off my chest. Duncan.
Yep, a lot of us are ex-Rolander's too and have had similar OMG revelations when finally getting the 2box. I did not have a chance to demo it either before I just gave up and bought one. Welcome to our club :)

Deve Loper

" WHY OH WHY DIDNT I DO THIS YEARS AGO."

Good to hear my module development, like 8 years ago, still makes people happy :-)

edtc

Quote from: Deve Loper on August 21, 2017, 09:12:55 AM

Good to hear my module development, like 8 years ago, still makes people happy :-)

I'm 99% happy since 2010 with my module ... Hope to be happy ten more years with it ...

Thanx  Mr Loper ;)

Murgen

Quote from: edtc on August 21, 2017, 11:08:37 AM
I'm 99% happy since 2010 with my module ... Hope to be happy ten more years with it ...

Thanx  Mr Loper ;)

Digital Drummer published my hardware review (5 years 2Box and how does the HW keep up) and yes, I'm happy too. Just need to make fresh samples with Lustar's convertor (BFD2 and 3). Old SD is up and running for 5 years too.

BTW: you also decided to make it orange?
--------
2Box Drumit 5 Mk2 since 2012

JRage

Quote from: Deve Loper on August 21, 2017, 09:12:55 AM

I am playing drums more than 20 yrs now and was initially reluctant to buy an electronic kit knowing how quickly they loose their value when compared to say a good cymbal. 2box DrumitFive is my first electronic kit and I feel with it I've hit a bullseye and even when there inevitable come its rival from other e-drum maker, I feel confident it will still hold its value with realistic sounds being on par with an acoustic set.

I've have access also to Yamaha and Roland kits but since buying 2box, I occasionally use only their pads and rack (when a small footprint is needed) with DrumitFive module and cymbals.

So, yes Mr. Deve Loper your module is still strong and sound  :rock:
Posted by some mistake.

ANGR77

Yepp, Deve, you and Bengt created a monster! :-)

Best regards

Anders / www.Zourman.com
Sonor Safari, Pearl Crystalbeat, Zourman Triggers, Roland & Triggera, 2box Cymbals & HH, RT-10, KT-10, BT-1, VH-11/12/13, ATV hh, KT-10, 14C/13R/15R, PCY-155, MD, 2Box 5 MK1&II & 3, DD4SE, Pearl ButtKicker Addictive Drums 2.1.14, all ADPaks moved to 2box, Zourman Conversion Gears www.zourman.com

Murgen

I always wondered why the impact of 2Box has been on the low side. Yes, more then 5.000 units have been made and sold but somehow 2Box is overlooked by the mainstream media. I think it has to do with the budgets for marketing and the fact that the target group is advanced and looking for real sounds in the module instead of out of a laptop with VST.

Another thing is that I like to stick to what I have got and I know drummers who like to spent. (GAS)
--------
2Box Drumit 5 Mk2 since 2012

Coda

That's it exactly. When I was looking to upgrade from Roland, I did consider a laptop with VST and a midi module. Probably would have cost about the same as the D5. But, I needed low latency, reliability, and to cart around as little equipment as possible. For me the 2box solution is THE solution.
One thing makes me wonder about the relatively small amount of D5s sold... (even considering that the edrum market is not massive to start with), it is very possible with smaller companies such as 2box to get completely overwhelmed by unexpected huge success and be totally destroyed by it. It would not be the first time.

Leshark

Hi There, have a 3/4 year  old kit and recently the head unit packed up, (dim display no functions and smell of burning)......, got inside the unit an found one of the orange caps burnt and short circuit now these normally go for a reason so rather than replace the cap and have the same thing happen...Does any body have a circuit diagram of the rectification stage as I suspect that's where the problem lies.
Or does someone know better! Thanks in advance.   

Olaf77

Hi there,
I'm new here, because from a few days I've got in my hands some DrumIt Five module (#05193) - and have little problems ;).
I use also crappy Millenium MPS-600 and Alesis Strike.