News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

welcome to the forum (stop by and say hello!)

Started by UC, July 10, 2009, 11:01:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

UC

Hi there

This place is becoming a useful resource for people who are looking for information, advice, sort out technical problems, or just let off steam about the 2box drumit 5 - we've got some great regular posters who really know what they're talking about (you know who you are :))

I've personally been anticipating the release of the Drumit 5 for a very long time - I've had my DDrum 4 SE kit for something like 12 years and while I love it to death still, the tiny 8mb of RAM is really showing its age, and the heavily compressed sounds could really do with the 24-bit treatment.

Most of my music output these days is done in my small studio, so I am really enthusiastic about the specifications 2box are ramming inside the Drumit 5 for drummers and producers.

Please do register and join us on the forum and tell us your story!

Thanks
Tom

puttenvr

Great this new forum !
Hope it will be succesful as www.ddrums.com was some years ago
Just a question: why not painting it orange a bit ?   8)
And what about those hex-pads on the background     ;D

UC

> Just a question: why not painting it orange a bit ?   8)
Great idea :)

> And what about those hex-pads on the background     ;D

Heh heh heh *whistle*

...oh and welcome :)

TrommelTheo

Hello together,

good to have a Forum for my next Drumkit ;D

as we all knew, 2box is a small Company, so i hope, Drumit five and all other coming Products will be successfuly!!!  ;)

Theo

roel

i can't wait to get my hands on the drum-it five!

Hellfire

Just wanted to say hello to all.

The new forum looks great! Very 2box-ee 8)

UC

Quote from: Hellfire on July 16, 2009, 08:20:04 PM

Greetings Hellfire, glad you like it - was worried it was a bit too orange - I'll try and tone it down if there are too many complaints :)

thackleberry

Woo, a nice dedicated forum, been looking for one for ages! Nice work!

I played the demo kit at Andertons, loved it - didn't pre order though cause I thought I'd prefer the 2nd batch... though I thought I would have it by now! Dang!

Still not long to go from the sounds of it!

UC

Hi, welcome on board Thackleberry ...I know what you mean about waiting for the second batch, but if no-one tries the first then 2box might not get off the ground  :o

Besides, the operating system will be upgradeable via USB - if you look at synths like the Virus TI line (which is on OS3 now) that has meant big on-going functionality boosts (and bug fixes).

ledal92

Hi all
I'm following the Drumit Five buzz on french forum Audiofanzine since more than 1 year. Like many others in France, I'm waiting for it with great impatience.
Like Thackleberry, I have not yet pre-ordered it. Despite the positive appreciations around, I prefer to wait for test reports by professional musicians and press.
Also, I agree with UC's answer, but this is a big investment for an amateur, and I'd be more easy if we had an insurance that the first buyers could have a free upgrade in case of hardware design problem in the first batch.
Thank you for setting up this forum. Things are getting precise... at last !

Hellfire

Quote from: UC on July 16, 2009, 08:56:04 PM
Quote from: Hellfire on July 16, 2009, 08:20:04 PM

Greetings Hellfire, glad you like it - was worried it was a bit too orange - I'll try and tone it down if there are too many complaints :)
Don't tone it down, because I think it works! It is after all a forum about an edrum/company who's main color is orange.

Tommy_K

Thought it would polite to pop in and say hello.

I'm Tom, i've worked in music distribution and retail for quite a while now.

If you need any help finding a product or getting any information feel free to ask.

Currently working in a shop specializing in music technology (the biggest toy shop in the world) not sure what the policies are on advertising, but ask me and i'll let you know where to find me.

Tom

killswitch

hey guys, came from vdrums.com
In canada and I just got my kit, Hello! lol

UC

Hi Killswitch, pull up a throne and tell us your thoughts :)

Tiny

Just to say hi : Hi ! And thanks for this forum full of useful infos.