News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

welcome to the forum (stop by and say hello!)

Started by UC, July 10, 2009, 11:01:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Intruder

Thank you Jman for the response.
When you get a chance can you email me current prices on the hihat mod box and 32meg card mod?
I am going to wait til the 3 comes out before I decide which module so no big rush.
That gives me some time to read this forum and get a better understanding of the 2Box module.
I have downloaded the latest firmware manual also so that should help.
It does sound like I will be following you and Fulrmr's footsteps.

Jman

Quote from: Intruder on May 03, 2015, 06:49:03 PM
Thank you Jman for the response.
When you get a chance can you email me current prices on the hihat mod box and 32meg card mod?
I am going to wait til the 3 comes out before I decide which module so no big rush.
That gives me some time to read this forum and get a better understanding of the 2Box module.
I have downloaded the latest firmware manual also so that should help.
It does sound like I will be following you and Fulrmr's footsteps.
I think when the Drumit Three releases the price dif will be somewhere between $100 - $200 less. With less buttons, and less outputs, and pretty much all else the same, but time will tell.
Although, when I bought my first new Drumit Five module I paid about $400 more than I would be paying today. So sometimes with the good discounts available on the present stock, the new modules may not be that much cheaper than the old, at least at first.
PM sent, J
I could tell you where to stick that piezo! :D ;)
http://stealthdrums.com/

Coda

Quote from: Jman
The good news: Pricewise if you know where to shop you can pick up a Drumit Five module for about $899.
Wait what? I came here just to say hello and you say things like that?
Where where? I'm not in the States but I got a friend coming over to EU in a couple of weeks. They are more like $1100 here.
Oh hello everyone by the way :-)

Jman

Quote from: Coda on May 05, 2015, 04:25:27 PM
Wait what? I came here just to say hello and you say things like that?
Where where? I'm not in the States but I got a friend coming over to EU in a couple of weeks. They are more like $1100 here.
Oh hello everyone by the way :-)
Welcome to the forum! PM sent, J

ted

Hi everyone, my name is Teddy and just ordered the drummit 5 from USA... I live in Panama so the kit should be here in the next 2 weeks and can´t wait to try them out.
I have been drumming (acustic) for nearly 15 years, but new life constraints (wife, apartment, etc) have limited my practicing abilities and I was always unimpressed with e-drum sounds until last month that I heard this set (on youtube, there are none set-up here in Panama for me to test). So I took the plunge.

Anyways, my 2 questions are:
1- Since I bought the US version it comes with rubber pads, after reading a bit seems the 682´s are a good choice for replacing the rubber pads.... where can I get a hold of them in the US market? Can´t buy from their web page with my Panamanian credit card.

2- Once I try the kit out I will know if I will require the bass drum attachment and Hi-hat mods that everyone talks about. What is the recommended hardware for Jmans mod? What is the simplest mod for bass reinforcement? where do I get the accesories for it?

Thanks and nice to meet all of you,
Teddy

Murgen

Quote from: ted on May 07, 2015, 02:23:55 PM
Hi everyone, my name is Teddy and just ordered the drummit 5 from USA... I live in Panama so the kit should be here in the next 2 weeks and can´t wait to try them out.
I have been drumming (acustic) for nearly 15 years, but new life constraints (wife, apartment, etc) have limited my practicing abilities and I was always unimpressed with e-drum sounds until last month that I heard this set (on youtube, there are none set-up here in Panama for me to test). So I took the plunge.

Anyways, my 2 questions are:
1- Since I bought the US version it comes with rubber pads, after reading a bit seems the 682´s are a good choice for replacing the rubber pads.... where can I get a hold of them in the US market? Can´t buy from their web page with my Panamanian credit card.

2- Once I try the kit out I will know if I will require the bass drum attachment and Hi-hat mods that everyone talks about. What is the recommended hardware for Jmans mod? What is the simplest mod for bass reinforcement? where do I get the accesories for it?

Thanks and nice to meet all of you,
Teddy

Hi man!

1. I think 682drums delivers worldwide.

2. Most hihat pedals will do as long as you can slip little JMans box under the pedal. Take one with adjustable spring-tension.

3. Bass reinforcement is not needed on MkII. If your bass is wobbly and you need a solution I can show you my extra bar with fixer.
--------
2Box Drumit 5 Mk2 since 2012

ted

Quote from: Murgen on May 07, 2015, 03:52:32 PM
Hi man!

1. I think 682drums delivers worldwide.

2. Most hihat pedals will do as long as you can slip little JMans box under the pedal. Take one with adjustable spring-tension.

3. Bass reinforcement is not needed on MkII. If your bass is wobbly and you need a solution I can show you my extra bar with fixer.

Thanks a lot for the answer Murgen!!!
I tought JMANS mod did not work with 2box hihat pad, I have the pedal I use for my acoustic set.

Jman

Quote from: ted on May 07, 2015, 04:51:53 PM
Thanks a lot for the answer Murgen!!!
I tought JMANS mod did not work with 2box hihat pad, I have the pedal I use for my acoustic set.
The Stealth 2Box HH stand conversion kit is for those using "other" brand Ecymbal for the 2Box Hi Hat. Since you are buying the full 2Box kit you will be getting the 2Box Hi Hat and obviously you can use that as is. J

hasanacar

Hi guys.. I have been a roland enthusiast for so long. and realy want to learn about drumit 5

edtc

Quote from: hasanacar on June 27, 2015, 03:04:43 PM
Hi guys.. I have been a roland enthusiast for so long. and realy want to learn about drumit 5

I guess you re at the right place ....

welcome :)

hasanacar

Quote from: edtc on June 27, 2015, 03:27:12 PM
I guess you re at the right place ....

welcome :)

Hello Mate,

Ive posted about my first and urgent curiosity, already :) Thanks

johnnykrisma

Hello everyone! I'm John and I've been playing various types of e-drums starting with Dauz Pads/Midi-kiti/Ensoniq EPS-16+ proceeding through my beloved DDrum4SE and then a brief foray to the dark side with some Hart Dynamics and a TD-30.

I've just purchased my 2box a couple weeks ago and getting a feel for it. I bought the american model and immediately replaced the heads with mesh and i love those. Still not really loving the cymbals yet, but I'm hoping I can do some tweaks to make them more playable. Any advice on cymbals would be greatly appreciated. And I'm looking forward to being a member of this community.

Jman

Here is one thread from a while back if you are looking to use the Ride and the Crashes as 3 zone: http://www.2box-forum.com/index.php/topic,1855.msg16585.html#msg16585
I think it is best to tweak it so the Bell requires more than just a tip type shot ..... because if you setup the cymbal that way you are more apt to trigger inadvertent bell sounds on the bow/edge. Now, if you don't care about bell sounds on your crash cymbals just set them to CYEdg type and you will get bow and edge sounds with no worries.
I obviously use my own cymbals, but they work in a similar method to how the 2Box cymbals work and after a very short time transitioning from Roland CY with Roland TD-20X style, I am quite satisfied with the way 2Box style work .... just a short "getting used to it" period .... same with Hi Hat. J

tgb

Just wanted to say Hi, been a lurker for almost a year and have now bought my kit - very happy and amazed how much it feels and sounds like playing an acoustic kit.  I'm sure i will be posting a question or two at some point but other than backing up the unit what are the settings/changes a newbie should do when they get the kit (if any)  :)

Cheers

TGB

Coda

Quote from: tgb on September 05, 2015, 04:39:23 PMI'm sure i will be posting a question or two at some point but other than backing up the unit what are the settings/changes a newbie should do when they get the kit (if any)  :)
Welcome.
That depends on what kit/equipment your triggers are, and your individual setup, however, the first thing you might want to do (after backing up) is to change the save function from no to yes, otherwise you wont be able to save any changes.