News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

welcome to the forum (stop by and say hello!)

Started by UC, July 10, 2009, 11:01:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HasseFX

Quote from: Murgen on November 05, 2014, 08:39:10 AM
Welcome! Can you arrange a company visit for the members of this forum? ;-)

Thank's for the welcome! Company visit, well...  ;)  I'ts quite a small business and I'd guess it would  probably not be much of a factory (to) visit  ::)

Murgen

Quote from: HasseFX on November 05, 2014, 10:51:57 AM
Thank's for the welcome! Company visit, well...  ;)  I'ts quite a small business and I'd guess it would  probably not be much of a factory (to) visit  ::)

Factory / Factories are prolly in China, perhaps they assemble the module in Sweden. Would love to have a meeting with the guys over there to talk 2Box.
--------
2Box Drumit 5 Mk2 since 2012

HasseFX

Quote from: HasseFX on November 05, 2014, 08:11:40 AM
A digital kit is my only option though and after a few months of research I've ordered a Drumit 5 kit with an additional cymbal pad.

...today my kit arrived - brain #5171 :rock:

Spent an hour setting it up and an additional 3+ hours wrestling with two of the clamps  >:(

Lustar

Wrestling with the clamps is what makes it so fun installing the kit, it gives a great sense of achievement... ;D

Congrats on the new kit :)

hemiboy

Yeah. We sre living in an imperfect eorld, right. There are often some kinks that have to be ironed out such as bolts and screws threading, but at the end of the day, the 2 box kit is incredible! Good luck and happy drumming!

teletom007

yes,
before the fun, comes the work.
nothing is free in this world

krisondrums

I thought maybe it was time to post here, since I've been lurking anonymously for quite a long time. From what I've read, my transition into edrums is like many others. I've been playing since I was 8 (51 now), on a vintage Rogers kit with additional Rototoms and a plethora of Paiste Signature cymbals. A few years back I tried a DIY project and converted the Roto's with homemade piezos and some Ddrum triggers, but I got frustrated with the mishits, sensitivity, and general feel. I think I had a TD6 module at that time.

About a year ago, after not playing much because of the dreaded noise factor in my project studio, I started thinking about a Roland kit. Long story short, I bumped into some 2Box folks on the Vdrums forum, watched every video and read every review on the net, scoured this forum, and here I am!

All I ever really wanted was to be able to play and record my acoustics quietly, so I could put the time in to really get my chops back. If I can have an e-kit that feels and sounds relatively close to what I'm used to, I'll be very happy. I don't need a lot of bells and whistles, although the ability to have some different sounds/kits at my fingertips is definitely appealing (especially if they're real samples, and/or samples I can create and load myself).

So after really comparing the Drumit5 to the Roland TD15KV (because of the similar price range), I've decided to take the leap and go 2Box. I still need to sell a few items to fund my purchase, but I'm basically going to buy the standard setup, along with an additional tom and cymbal. I'll keep a few of my Paiste's and use my DW5000 double kick pedal and DW5000 hat stand.

I'm just more than impressed with the 2Box kit, and especially the module and it's open system. Looking forward to spending a LOT more time here learning and sharing. Go Orange!!

Kris
New Hampshire

teletom007

hy krisondrums,
I'm sure 2Box is the right system for you. Now I play the set for 1 year. But I think the work is never going to end and I will never be 100% satisfied.
This is the fate of the electronic drummer. But that is also the challenge.

tom

HasseFX

Quote from: krisondrums on November 20, 2014, 07:34:37 PM
So after really comparing the Drumit5 to the Roland TD15KV (because of the similar price range), I've decided to take the leap and go 2Box.

Hi Kris!

I was comparing the same kits and also went for Drumit5. Maybe I felt a little bit more in control with the TD15KV, but with regard to the 2box open system, better audio quality and separate audio outputs there was really not much doubt. Also, the specific settings of the demo kits maybe made that perceived difference.

/HasseFX

Spenc119

Just pulled the trigger after comparing with the TD15KV.  I'm in IT too - so i'm super excited to head down this road.  This forum has already answered many of my up-front questions, so thank you.   :drum2:

Murgen

Welcome, I trust you will not regret your decision. :)
--------
2Box Drumit 5 Mk2 since 2012

hemiboy

Eelcpme,both of you! I have owned the td 15 as well as the td 30 modules only  and sold both to end up with the 2 box module and honestly never looked back, Welcome!

mjolson

New user here.  Just picked up a used Drumit 5 along with Jman's SD card mod and hi-hat converter box.  Loving the module so far - I've used Lustark's great software to convert 3 or 4 SD2 kits and they sound fantastic!

My edrum history:
Alesis D4 (with the old DIY Remo practice pad triggers)
Alesis DM5
Roland TD6
Roland TD8
Ddrum 4se (sad to let that go)

Once I discovered VST's I downgraded to the Roland TD4 to use as a TMI until I finally discovered the Drumit 5 capabilities.

Thanks to Jman for the SD card mod and hi-hat converter box.  Both work great.  Although, since finding a steal on the Gen16 HH & DCP setup I may go that route.  The sound doesn't compare but I love the playability.  Not sold on the ride though - may end up with Jman's trigger for the Gen16 cymbal instead.

Either way - great forum!

Jman

Welcome to the forum! Gotta love 2Box's ability to play VST quality straight from the module! It is the top of the heap IMO. I wouldn't trade it for any other module out there, even with the "top of the line" modules that are priced much higher! I love being able to load and play the sounds I want.
I could tell you where to stick that piezo! :D ;)
http://stealthdrums.com/

mjolson

Quote from: Jman on January 13, 2015, 06:13:28 PM
Welcome to the forum! Gotta love 2Box's ability to play VST quality straight from the module! It is the top of the heap IMO. I wouldn't trade it for any other module out there, even with the "top of the line" modules that are priced much higher! I love being able to load and play the sounds I want.

Agreed.  It's stunning to me that people would fork over the money required for the flagship Roland modules when they could get better sound, albeit with some effort involved, from the 2Box.