News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

welcome to the forum (stop by and say hello!)

Started by UC, July 10, 2009, 11:01:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Junior

Oh yeah, the module sounded much better stock , brand new before the loss.

Jman

Quote from: Junior on October 08, 2014, 02:22:14 AM
Boot  1.34 and  os 1.28
Whee can I share a picture?
The easiest is to get a free flickr account or free photobucket account. Both of them are very easy and allow lots of GBs of picture/video/file storage. And you can link your photos from there. Several of us on the forum have free accounts from those sites.
https://www.flickr.com/    http://s1296.photobucket.com/

It would be interesting to see if that Drumit128.bin file is actually a different OS, or if someone along the way just changed the number in the file title. Did you buy the module used or new? 
I could tell you where to stick that piezo! :D ;)
http://stealthdrums.com/

Junior

teletom007

Hy,
what is going on here? Boat 1:34 and os 1.28. Very interesting.
Gotta have it.

tom

peanutismint

Hey guys! I have a Roland TD-8KV kit/module and am thinking about swapping the TD-8 module for a 2Box. I'm assuming this is compatible? I'd be using it for practising and also a bit of recording, so the better sounds and multi-track audio outs are swinging it for me...!!

Can anybody give me an idea of how 'active' the 2Box community/company is? Is it pretty much a dead product now or are they still updating/coming out with a new model anytime soon that I should wait for? I've already posted some thoughts in the 'wishlist', like mutlitrack audio outs over ADAT or USB or SPDIF or similar.... That would make my decision much easier!

Also, how simple/easy is it to add your own samples and have them sound as good/realistic as the built-in ones? Could I rip some of my purchased VST drum samples (like Toontrack EZX kits etc) to the 2Box and still have the various multi-sampled hits etc??

Looking forward to chatting with you all! :)

Jman

Quote from: peanutismint on October 08, 2014, 10:17:16 AM
Hey guys! I have a Roland TD-8KV kit/module and am thinking about swapping the TD-8 module for a 2Box. I'm assuming this is compatible? I'd be using it for practising and also a bit of recording, so the better sounds and multi-track audio outs are swinging it for me...!!

Can anybody give me an idea of how 'active' the 2Box community/company is? Is it pretty much a dead product now or are they still updating/coming out with a new model anytime soon that I should wait for? I've already posted some thoughts in the 'wishlist', like mutlitrack audio outs over ADAT or USB or SPDIF or similar.... That would make my decision much easier!

Also, how simple/easy is it to add your own samples and have them sound as good/realistic as the built-in ones? Could I rip some of my purchased VST drum samples (like Toontrack EZX kits etc) to the 2Box and still have the various multi-sampled hits etc??

Looking forward to chatting with you all! :)

Hopefully somebody else will chime in on the recording via outs, etc. USB on the 2Box is only for editting, transferring files, updating OS..... between computer and module. No Audio transfer via USB. Personally, I record via 8 individual outs to a mixer and old style 24 track digital recorder. But most people just do their recording via MIDI. MIDI recording gives you all the individual instruments separate plus you can change the drums or cymbals later if you decide a different instrument would fit better, etc.

As far as loading the module with VST sounds, absolutely. Not only can you load sounds as good as the stock module sounds, you can do much better than that IMO. This is the thread you want to look at to get some idea of that, Lustar is the MAN:  http://www.2box-forum.com/index.php?topic=1544.0

I've got a bunch of video demoes up, this one has a few of the newer 2Box kit soundsets, as well as some VST kits I have built and loaded into the module, that gives a good idea what you can do:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CddZ28W-RH4&list=UUyxShy-hZo9ENwc84c7PW8w
I could tell you where to stick that piezo! :D ;)
http://stealthdrums.com/

mechanevil

Hi, just joined these great forums, I am a potential 2Box user.

I was planning to swap out the module from my Alesis DM10 kit for the 2Box, anyone have any idea whether there will be any compatibility issues with the pads? I guess my cymbals will be limited to a single, non-chokable zone until I buy the 2Box ones, but would I be able to get up and running with the module and my Alesis hardware.

Been doing a lot of reading about SDSE and other interesting things like the Dkit editor on the forums. Curious to know whether anyone has any idea about the new products that 2Box have in development, as per a video I saw, hoping it's not a module! Should I just ignore that information anyway and get a 2Box like I plan?

Hope to be a valuable contributor in the coming weeks, cheers everyone!

Lustar

I couldn't resist doing this ;D

You will need to get the 2Box HiHat or a modification kit to use other hats than the one meant for the DrumIt Five.

mechanevil

Thanks again, Lustar! I take it you're the resident troll... Or wait, is that supposed to be me?  :animal:

I have a Zildjian Gen-16 set, so I should be covered for the hi-hat, though my crash and ride are definitely sub-par. Should be able to manage with my existing cymbals for a while though, just hoping I don't have any compatibility issues. I've modded my Alesis kit to be more like Roland kits, with a cone for triggering, as opposed to the reflector plate style trigger they normally have. Hoping that should suffice for getting the most out of the 2Box.

fcvapor05

Hey ya'll,

I'm a new member, located in the Detroit, MI area (USA), looking to make the e-kit plunge very soon.

After much searching and research, it sounds to me like the 2box system is one of (if not THE) best systems available, even compared to much more expensive options from other companies.

I look forward to getting to know everyone here, and hopefully assimilating some of your experience and knowledge, so I can answer my many questions about the 2box kit, and recording in general.

Murgen

Quote from: fcvapor05 on November 02, 2014, 10:57:43 PM
Hey ya'll,

I'm a new member, located in the Detroit, MI area (USA), looking to make the e-kit plunge very soon.

After much searching and research, it sounds to me like the 2box system is one of (if not THE) best systems available, even compared to much more expensive options from other companies.

I look forward to getting to know everyone here, and hopefully assimilating some of your experience and knowledge, so I can answer my many questions about the 2box kit, and recording in general.

Welcome! Saw you dropped a lot of good questions. Hope I can chime in tomorrow for answers ... Too busy schedule today.
--------
2Box Drumit 5 Mk2 since 2012

eddie

New blood here.  Greetings from Tennessee!  Long time e-drummer, 2Box owner to be.  Looking forward to some fun and informative interaction.

My DrumIt 5 kit should be here by the week's end courtesy of Guitar Center.  If it performs the way I hope it will, my Roland kit will be on the market shortly.

eddie

fcvapor05

Quote from: Murgen on November 03, 2014, 07:12:11 AM
Welcome! Saw you dropped a lot of good questions. Hope I can chime in tomorrow for answers ... Too busy schedule today.

Thanks!

There's already been some excellent answers from people chiming in to my newbie question thread.  I really appreciate all the help.

HasseFX

Hello!

DIY musician and audio engineer from Sweden here! (Acturally about 20km from the 2box HQ  ;)). After some 25 years with all kinds of compact pad solutions to program DAW drums and percussion I've finally learnt some chops playing the real thing!

A digital kit is my only option though and after a few months of research I've ordered a Drumit 5 kit with an additional cymbal pad. Key decision points were the use of samples (--> audio quality) and the only separate output brain in the price range. And a seemingly strong community :)

I'll use the kit mainly for recording, both direct audio and triggering Superior Drummer. I plan to integrate my good ol'e 1990 vintage ddrum PadStation, triggering additional DAW sounds via MIDI. However, I've retired the Clavia ddrum Kick, to become the start of my modern arts collection  ;D

Looking forward to talk to you!

Murgen

Quote from: HasseFX on November 05, 2014, 08:11:40 AM
Hello!

DIY musician and audio engineer from Sweden here! (Acturally about 20km from the 2box HQ  ;)). After some 25 years with all kinds of compact pad solutions to program DAW drums and percussion I've finally learnt some chops playing the real thing!

A digital kit is my only option though and after a few months of research I've ordered a Drumit 5 kit with an additional cymbal pad. Key decision points were the use of samples (--> audio quality) and the only separate output brain in the price range. And a seemingly strong community :)

I'll use the kit mainly for recording, both direct audio and triggering Superior Drummer. I plan to integrate my good ol'e 1990 vintage ddrum PadStation, triggering additional DAW sounds via MIDI. However, I've retired the Clavia ddrum Kick, to become the start of my modern arts collection  ;D

Looking forward to talk to you!

Welcome! Can you arrange a company visit for the members of this forum? ;-)
--------
2Box Drumit 5 Mk2 since 2012