News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

welcome to the forum (stop by and say hello!)

Started by UC, July 10, 2009, 11:01:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

drummologo

sorry for my english, I'm Italian and I have my first kit 2box, fabulous! hello to all  ;D

BasQue

Hi All,

just joined this forum, after searching it unregistered for hours :-)

My name is Bas, living in the Netherlands, drumming as a hobby for 2 years now.

I recently bought a USED 2box drumit five + gen 16, and I really LOVE IT so far!

Only thing is, the guy i bought it from, removed most factory sounds from the module to add his custom sounds.
Though the custom sounds are great, I would love to try out the factory sounds, loops, songs etc, but cannot find 'em anywhere.

Note: The hyperactive.de site seems to be down (under construction), so that's not an option on short term.

Suggestion anyone?

Thx!

Murgen

Quote from: BasQue on July 12, 2014, 10:01:08 AM
Hi All,

just joined this forum, after searching it unregistered for hours :-)

My name is Bas, living in the Netherlands, drumming as a hobby for 2 years now.

I recently bought a USED 2box drumit five + gen 16, and I really LOVE IT so far!

Only thing is, the guy i bought it from, removed most factory sounds from the module to add his custom sounds.
Though the custom sounds are great, I would love to try out the factory sounds, loops, songs etc, but cannot find 'em anywhere.

Note: The hyperactive.de site seems to be down (under construction), so that's not an option on short term.

Suggestion anyone?

Thx!

Hi Bas, I bet you bought that kit from Johan Boere. :)

If you live close to Oudenbosch I can load your module with the stock-kits and souns :)
--------
2Box Drumit 5 Mk2 since 2012

BasQue

Haha good bet Murgen  :),  just sent you a PM! :-)

Murgen

Quote from: BasQue on July 12, 2014, 12:17:47 PM
Haha good bet Murgen  :),  just sent you a PM! :-)

Send you an E-mail. :). Welcome to the 2Box world.
--------
2Box Drumit 5 Mk2 since 2012

JayJay

hi there,
since yesterday I live in a shared appartment with this little orange guy near Stuttgart, Germany. Playing ab. 20 years but after 3 years without any opportunity to play in recent years I needed "someone to talk to", you know what I meant,... a kit! On first sight it was quite spontanously though I read a lot about it, went to a local dealer and compared it for a while, and realitzed that this guy and me woud be a perferct match.
I'm looking forward to getting to know you guys,  hope I can contribute to solivng problens and participate in interesting discussions.
Cheers to all you folks around the world!
Hannes (jayjay)

:animal:

fulrmr

Quote from: JayJay on September 28, 2014, 11:05:41 PM
hi there,
since yesterday I live in a shared appartment with this little orange guy near Stuttgart, Germany. Playing ab. 20 years but after 3 years without any opportunity to play in recent years I needed "someone to talk to", you know what I meant,... a kit! On first sight it was quite spontanously though I read a lot about it, went to a local dealer and compared it for a while, and realitzed that this guy and me woud be a perferct match.
I'm looking forward to getting to know you guys,  hope I can contribute to solivng problens and participate in interesting discussions.
Cheers to all you folks around the world!
Hannes (jayjay)

:animal:

Welcome to the forum JayJay!

teletom007

Hallo Hannes,

Grüße aus Konstanz. Hier im Forum bist du gut aufgehoben.

tom

Junior

Hello 2box family,
I recently picked up the 2BOX MODULE after reading great things about it on the web. This will be my first E Kit,  I have always played acoustic drums.  I decided to convert my kit with internal triggers and so on.
  I realize I have a problem though. I suck with computers and  I can't seem to get my module communicating with my Windows Vista pc. 
I have read the manual, spent time time here looking at 50 plus pgs and my head is going to explode. I really want to learn this thing, so if anybody could please tell me if I need more than just to download the editor? Was there a CD/ or drivers to install when you bought the whole kit?
I have been successful at tuning the triggers I have with the module. Do I need to download the new os since its a new module? I have downloaded the editor already to my pc and I have been able to find a bass drum and play sample loops from the site and play them.
How do I get them over to my module?  Could I possibly need to make changes on my computer to allow this?  I understand this is so elementary but I will be so stoked if for now I can just get some new songs to play with and build some realistic sounding kits, that's why I chose this module anyway.
If you can help me, I sure would appreciate it...
Thank you.

Lustar

Hi and welcome,

You don't need special drivers:
QuoteIf you haven't made the SD card mod you need to connect the module to a computer with a USB cable (same type of USB cables used for printers):

Turn off the module if it's open
    Connect the USB cable from the module to the computer
    Press and hold the left button just above the DrumIt Five screen (first of the 3 buttons) then keep pressing and turn on the module, it will start in USB mode.

The module should then appear in the list of external drives on your computer. While it's connected you can copy .dsnd and .dkit files from your computer to the module. When you have finished copying the files, turn off the module and turn it on again the normal way.
taken from my DrumIt Five FAQ
also look at the 2Box FAQ

You may need to download the new OS if 1.26 is not installed already, you just have to copy it to the module, but make sure to backup everything to your computer first.
The latest manual 1.2x is also recommended in case you have the 1.24 manual. http://www.2box.se/World/pages/downloads

Junior

Wow, this really sucks. So, I figured out how to download loops to my module. However I have lost my kits. Upon rebooting the module power I get an error or " no kit files available".
Unbelievable, as if I wasn't already having enough trouble.
I can't seem to get back the kits through the unit data button. I can't seem to even download the new os.
Weird stuff!    Btw, I had is 1.28 wich isn't available on their website. Does this mean I lost out on the latest and greatest?  I'm  starting to think 2box isn't for me. It seems this module would be cool for someone really proficient with computers.
Please, please, please if anybody here could give me a clue besides telling me to get a Roland or read the manual again.   I need to get get this thing back up and running, and I don't want to give up on the module yet.

Lustar

Did you unplug the USB cable after copying the files? Don't worry the worst that probably happened is that you may have deleted the DrumIt.dkit file in which case you'll just have to copy it again.

Here's what you need on the module:
    at least one module firmware file named DrumIt***.bin. The latest is DrumIt126.bin
    at least one .dkit bank file, usually named DrumIt.dkit. It's used to store module settings and settings for up to 100 kits.
    some .dsnd files. They can be placed anywhere on the card but it's recommended to sort them in folders
(taken from my FAQ)

1.26 is supposed to be the latest, if you have a version called 1.28 that would be great news, unless it's a typo? If you have a file named DrumIt128.bin on your module please share it here.

Step 1:
Connect your module to your computer and backup everything: select all folders and files and copy them in a folder on your computer.

Step 2:
Copy this file to your module: http://www.2box.se/download/operating/DrumIt126.bin
Check that you have a file named DrumIt.dkit, if not, copy this file: http://www.2box.se/download/operating/dkit/DrumIt.dkit
If you replaced the DrumIt.dkit you will lose all your kit settings, it will revert all kits to default.

Junior

Thanks for getting back to me and the info I will try going through your advice/links  later when I am fresh and have slept on it.
I don't think I unplugged the usb without having turned off the module first. Well anyhow, I did download the os again, I think, lol!  I'm not sure what happened to get it back. I did however lose all my trigger settings and all of the kits sound horrible, not even like they did when stock. They are a lower volume, less thick and sound like new kits. Have any ideas about this ?  Btw, my module os still reads 1.28   can't find where to share a picture on here right now... I'm rattled, I need a beer. Lol!

Thank you for your reply, I'm very appreciative.

Jman

Quote from: Junior on October 08, 2014, 01:49:35 AM
Thanks for getting back to me and the info I will try going through your advice/links  later when I am fresh and have slept on it.
I don't think I unplugged the usb without having turned off the module first. Well anyhow, I did download the os again, I think, lol!  I'm not sure what happened to get it back. I did however lose all my trigger settings and all of the kits sound horrible, not even like they did when stock. They are a lower volume, less thick and sound like new kits. Have any ideas about this ?  Btw, my module os still reads 1.28   can't find where to share a picture on here right now... I'm rattled, I need a beer. Lol!

Thank you for your reply, I'm very appreciative.
There is a Boot # and and OS # ..... just for the heck of it, could you check the Boot# also?

As far as the kits sounding different.... the stock settings on the modules shipped with Rubber head pads to the US were quite a bit different from the European module/kits with mesh heads, it could be something like that. Also, whatever tweaks were previously done to instrument volumes and mixer volumes, output destinations, etc. .... if you did a reset, that would all change.

Also, if you could copy that Drumit128.bin file from your module to your computer and then upload it somewhere on the net where Lustar could download it, I know he would be interested in checking that out. So would I. That Drumit.bin file is only about 105KB ..... so it is really small and could be easily attached to an email also. Here is Lustar's contact info where you could email that file. http://lustark.com/contact
I could tell you where to stick that piezo! :D ;)
http://stealthdrums.com/

Junior

Boot  1.34 and  os 1.28
Whee can I share a picture?