News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

welcome to the forum (stop by and say hello!)

Started by UC, July 10, 2009, 11:01:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LENO

Hello everyone, I've been a 2box owner since 2011, my set has snare, kick, 4 toms & 3 cymbals, and I update whenever they're available.  Earlier this week I updated 1.26 per 2box instructions using a macbook pro and this is a portion of what I got.  All of Kit 1,2,3 work. Kit 4: only crash #2 works.  Kit 5: all toms & both crashes work.  Kit 6: all cyms, snare, tom 3 & kick work.  Kit 7: everything but crash 1 works.  Kit 8: nothing works.  Kit 9: everything but crash 2 works.  Kit 10: only the kick & crash 2 work.  Kit 11: all dead but crash 2.  I contacted 2box and got a fast reply twice but neither of the offered fixes worked.  I used the same procedure as I have in the past where I download the file, drag it to the 2box icon, plug in the USB cable, power up the module in USB mode, it loads and the same results are had.  These are the results I got with Team2box's response which are listed below.  #1) Did not load after a dozen try's.  #2) Initialize showed NoFile in Kit, Unit & All. #3) I did not want to attempt reloading all the files listed in the library individually since they most likely would not R+W like 1.26.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  This is what 2box sent me to remedy the problem.  Peace, Leno. 8)>> If you also exchanged the drumit.dkt
file then this file is referring to the latest sound library 1.2. I suspect
you have previous 1.1

There are 3 alternative solutions.

1. Make a retrieve of all drum kits:
To retrieve the factory default settings for kit and unit parameters, go to
the UNIT-PREF page. Turn INIT to select Unit, Kit.., KtPrg (kit program
table) or All. Execute by clicking the INIT dial. Please note, deleted
sounds from memory will not be retrieved.
A complete manual featuring all parameter settings and useful tips on how to
use your DrumIt Five system is accessible via USB on the DrumIt
Five itself or available for download at www.2box.se. On the web site you
can read more about upgrades, the way the sounds were made, how to
download them and other useful information.

2. Use this enclosed drumit.dkt and exchange this one with the one you have
on the card. This bank file refers to the 1.1 Sound library.

3. Update your sound library to 1.2. go to this link and COPY FILES from
this folder. There is also a pdf instruction which sounds to remove and add.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/k0imcojgnxnek26/gXXe1sDU-7

Jman

When doing the module OS update if you only add the DrumIt126.bin file nothing should be missing as far as instruments or kits. All should remain the same. If you also load a new Drumit.dkit for instance from the website that could cause this sort of thing. In the future it is a good idea to backup everything from your 2Box module onto the computer.

At any rate, if you did load a new Drumit.dkit file you might not have the new .dsnds associated with that .dkit file and would need to download and install some files from the 2Box website to have the latest kits in the module.

Following step no. 3 is prolly what you should do at this point.

If it turns out your files are corrupted for some reason you can replace them. 
All the original OS 1.24 sounds can be downloaded here:  http://www.hyperactive.de/support/2box
and newly added sounds on the 2Box website:  http://www.2box.se/US/pages/downloads/

If you only added the DrumIt126.bin file, you might try adding it again for the heck of it. But it sounds like the above instruction 3 is where you are at now at this point. J
I could tell you where to stick that piezo! :D ;)
http://stealthdrums.com/

Jman

After thinking about it, I do have the original factory Drumit.dkit file from my module. This is the original .dkit file from the module Sept. 2011. It would put the module back to that configuration, the OS version will still be 1.26 though since you already installed that. You are welcome to try this if you like:
https://files.secureserver.net/0sop4w1jutq9zY
You would need to replace your Drumit.dkit currently on your module with that .dkit file.

ElectronicDrumCenter

Hi from Electronic Drum Center,

We just signed to be dealer for 2Box products, so let us know if you need anything and we will give you the best deal possible. Contact our sales and support team for any questions or issues we will be glad to help. Looking forward to it.

Thanks,
Stephen
Electronic Drum Center
www.ElectronicDrumCenter.com

csnow

My name is Chris Snow (csnow).  I have been a long time member over at vdrums and have been an avid edrummer for years.  I live in San Antonio, TX and my vocation is network/security IT.  In the past, I have owned a TD10 w/exp, TD20 w/exp, and DTX900 drum sets.  I recently departed Yamaha and moved over to 2box based on Daniel and Jman's reviews.  I am hooking up the 2box today.  Just recently, I almost walked away from the hobby for good but I have decided to keep on playing.  My kit consists of 2box module, Gen16 cymbals, Jman triggers for the crashes and ride, 6 piece Mapex kit with Pearl Tru-Trac heads.  I know everyone hates on the Pearls but I dont find them all that bad to be honest.  I like the Aquarian in-head system but I gave up hope waiting for them to release anything other than the 14" head which drove me to go with the Pearl heads.  After playing on the Pearls, I will probably keep them for some time.  Anyways, that is the high points about me.  I already see a lot of familiar users from vdrums.com, but I look forward to meeting other edrummers who prefer sound quality and technology over brand loyalty. 

Murgen

--------
2Box Drumit 5 Mk2 since 2012

Dänoh

Quote from: csnow on January 04, 2014, 02:58:06 PM
My name is Chris Snow (csnow).  I have been a long time member over at vdrums and have been an avid edrummer for years. (...)

Hey...a familar face!  8)

Nice to see you are staying in the e-drum game, after all! Good to hear you are hanging on to the Tru-Tracs too - I've always liked the feel they gave, under the sticks. I deeply hope you don't run into/will be spared from any 'reliability issues' as reported with them!

*Howdy, Partner!*

Jman

Great to see you Chris, and glad you are giving it another shot on the drums. I haven't been putting any time in on the drums myself. I just haven't been inspired much in the last year or so, but I went ahead and ordered a Throne Thumper ...... hoping that might give me some renewed inspiration via a "kick in the arse" so to speak ;D
When you get set up just ask away if you need any guidance, J

Murgen

Looking at Abe Laboriel Jr is very inspiring, the big guy drums from toe to head. And the startup of a new rock/blues coverband gives me the inspiration to work on my skills. Played on the Warlord kit setting just now and boy, can that 2Box make a thundering sound  :rock:  (and the throne thumper really add something here, many kicks in the ... :) ).
--------
2Box Drumit 5 Mk2 since 2012

vulcan

Hi all!  My name is Mark. I am a civil engineer and I live in sw florida. I have been drumming almost 5 years. I currently do not have a kit due to being in grad school. I sold my kit because I did not have the time to play between work and school. I also had someone who wanted to by my last kit because he wanted to learn how to play.
I have a few questions for ya'all.  Same old dilemma…don’t know what kit to buy!  I have been out of drumming for about 11/2 years because of grad school. In the past I have had a Roland TD11, 20 and a Yamaha DTX750. They were all great kits. I learned a little bit from each one. If I had to pick what I liked about each one in a brief description; I liked the pads better on the Roland, but I liked the cymbals and hi-hat much better on the Yamaha kit. I also enjoyed the Yamaha module more
I have never played a 2box kit simply because they are a rarity in the local neighborhood music store. (Well, maybe not for long.) From what I see and hear on YouTube, I believe I will try a 2box, mainly because of the realistic acoustic sounds. I wish the module had some sort of training functions like the Roland and Yamaha. Good features in my opinion.
How do you all like the drum pads? I am not very excited about the drum pads from what I see on video. (Like the Jakobe kits) Watching the videos, it appears that the pads shake quite a lot? Is it from the pad mounts? The rack looks nice and sturdy.

SaviDrums

Hi all!

I've just entered into the world of e-drums for the first time by buying a 2box module and a set of gen16 cymbals, plus I bought a Roland PM-30 for amplification . I've made my own kit by converting a Pearl Rhythm Traveller that i picked up for a bargain £40. I've recovered it in a brushed aluminium finish, mounted it on a drum rack and put Z-ED Triple-X heads on. I'll post up some pics when I get the chance, it's turned out to be a great little kit - 13" Snr, 10" TT, 14" FT, 20" KD. I like a small compact kit as it makes me play more creatively.

I've been a drummer for 35yrs now and sold my beautiful Sonor S Classix Birch/Grained Maple Satin finish kit with Zildjian K Custom Hybrids just before christmas to fund switching over to e-drums. The 2box module was my first choice as I've never really liked the sounds on the Roland kits, even their latest top of the range stuff. The 2box capabilities just knock everything else out of the park as far as I'm concerned, especially being open source, it's an amazing piece of kit!

I've made the switch over from acoustic mainly as I rarely gig any more, most of my time over the past 5 years has been recording with various session guys in my area, although I don't consider myself a session drummer in as much as I don't make a full time living from it, it's more a part time thing as I'm self employed and am able to structure things around recording if need be. With the ease of recording with e-drums it just made perfect sense to me to make the switch knowing that I can easily play live gigs with this setup should I decide to get out there a bit more and enjoy the vibe of an audience.

I've got to be honest and say I'm a complete noob with all this stuff and getting to grips with the 2box module seems quite daunting as it can do more than I ever contemplated. Also, I'm one of those people who has to know exactly how it all works, so I think I've set myself a big challenge! Fortunately I have a good head for technical stuff and with your help I'm sure I'll be fine in the end.

Please forgive me if I ask some ridiculously simple questions to begin with, I cringe at the thought of it, but everyone has to start somewhere. Please be kind to this noob, I have a god sense of humour so if you do rib me I'm sure I'll be able to handle it but getting burned down in flames is bound to hurt - hopefully I won't be so stupid as to deserve it!

Cheers  :)

Jman

Welcome to the forum Mark and SaviDrums. Mark, browse the forum for more individual posts about pads and hardware or ask questions. You will prolly get a better response if you start a topic specific thread somewhere other than in the welcome room ;D
There will be more kits to see and play in the US in a few months I suppose, but as far as the pads they are well, built from aluminum not MDF, and literally have been run over by a car and still work fine.

BertS

Hello forummembers.
My name is Bert and i follow this forum for about 1,5 jear. It's good to be a member now. First i will thank all members for the good and valuable input. Especially Louis (dsound) and Lustar (SDSE) and Jman.
I bought my kit in 2012.  End last year i bought another kit from a guy here in the Netherlands. Sn's  modules: 01968 and 02699. Both with 32 GB upgrade.
I put some triggers in 2 rototoms and a chrome snare (rogers) with mesh heads (682). I also put some triggers under an old hihat (2 crash now). Recently i made some constructions for the 2 kick pads. Now they ar stand alone. After i paint them i will upload some pictures.  I use BFD2 with some expansions (BOMB / decatom).
Beside this amazing superkit with great sounds, i have a project to improve: a sort of octopad i've made. I can use it with one module. It's handy and portable.
Regards,  Bert.

Jman

Welcome to the forum Bert. Great to see you have a passion for the DIY A to E drums .... and you are using the best Edrum module out there! I also have the Deccatom pack. I use those on my Lectrabons I built several years back. I used to have to edit regular tom sounds in my Roland module to emulate Octoban sounds, much better having real samples in the 2Box module!  8)

Acrylic Blue Kit Front Feb 08 by dajmando, on Flickr

paul_4#

Hi all, just joined after checking this place out the last couple of weeks so its nice to be here officially now, im in no way technically minded so joining is going to be such a help for me, I've got my kit set up with a Roland PM 30 and have been loving it from the day i first hit the kick drum, felt the need to put new kits and samples on it and this is how I found the forum, and thx to Lustar today I now have his SDSE with Reaper installed  - also im putting the 32 gig mod in tomorrow thx to the very detailed post by Manfred I believe , if all goes well I will have my Steven slate drums on my 2box which without this place would have taken a near miracle for me to manage

best regard Paul 4#