News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

welcome to the forum (stop by and say hello!)

Started by UC, July 10, 2009, 11:01:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Murgen

Quote from: Hockeylifer on October 14, 2012, 07:18:11 PM
Hey Fellow 2Boxers and enthusiasts:

I've been a lurker (reader) for a while now and even ended up registering a few weeks ago--but have yet to post.  So this is my one and I'm pretty damn excited about it -- as well as pretty damn excited to be the proud owner of a 2Box DrumIt 5. 

I would like to thank all the good folks on this message board for sharing their tips, tricks, successes and failures with the 2Box because I have learned a lot from you.  Thank you, very, very much.

A quick word about me...I'm a forty-two year old who was born, raised, and educated in New England--who now lives and works in the Washington, DC metro area (Arlington, VA).  My wife and our four year old son mean the world to me and fortunately, they love and support my drumming addiction.

I'm a former Roland and Yamaha owner and while each has its own strengths and weaknesses -- ever since the 2Box came out I've been drooling over its possibilities. 

Happy 2Box Drumming!

Welcome! Great post, nice community over here!
--------
2Box Drumit 5 Mk2 since 2012

KevH

Good day all. Some of you will know my name from elsewhere, but it was time to sign up here too, as I have been having (many) issues with the 2 Box module, so it seemed to make sense to sign up and say Hi, and get some answers!
Looking forward to finally getting it working properly (fingers crossed) :)

Hockeylifer

Jman

Welcome to the forum Hockeylifer and KevH .... I didn't know you had the 2Box module Kev. I've been using mine with my own drums and cymbals since March of 2011. Tested the TD-30 when they first showed it at NAMM and had no temptation at all to switch directions. I'm still happier with this 2Box setup than anything I've owned or demoed to date, especially after building my own extensive dsnd library for the 2Box modules over the last year or so.
I could tell you where to stick that piezo! :D ;)
http://stealthdrums.com/

KevH

Quote from: Hockeylifer on October 17, 2012, 10:28:27 PM
Hi KevH...what's not working?

Mainly things on splitters, plus I am getting rim sounds on one of my toms, despite any effort I make to remove the rim sound, and awful cross talk from cymbals.
I have been very frustrated. I am also very disappointed with the storage available for sounds.I knew it was small but didn't realise how restrictive it was.
I will post a thread with some questions when I have searched around to see if the answers are already here.

JMan, thanks> I have had it about 3 months, but have barely played it as I have not had time to get it set right.

gmbydmit

Hi to ALL! Greetings from the Chicagoland area

I will looking to purchase a 2box module hopefully soon,....looks like lots of familiar folks here from Vdrums, Edrum, etc

;D
Tim

Jman

Quote from: gmbydmit on October 25, 2012, 04:59:33 PM
Hi to ALL! Greetings from the Chicagoland area

I will looking to purchase a 2box module hopefully soon,....looks like lots of familiar folks here from Vdrums, Edrum, etc

;D
Tim
Hi Tim, welcome to the forum ... yup ... recognize you from vdrums and MCS too  :) I moved from the TD-20X modules to the 2Box modules ..... and very glad I did! I went to NAMM when they released the TD-30 with all the bells and whistles, and even that didn't change my mind. The 2Box module may not have a lot of Fancy to it, but it is one powerful sound module, especially with the open sound source with the option of adding new sampled sounds.

hughz

Hi! As of this week, I'm a 2Box owner.  I am making the transition from a TD-10 kit which I felt was starting to show its age.  I have been playing purely acoustics for the past 7 years, but am working on a new dance band project that requires the flexibility that only an electronic kit will afford me. 

Aside from a non functioning trigger pad out of the box, I'm fairly happy.  Judging by some of the demo videos online, it seems I need to tweak and calibrate things better.  The hi-hat (open hits mis trigger) and bell of the ride (doesn't trigger).... not so good at all.  The overall sounds.... fantastic. Looks like I need to dig in and do some learning.  Thank you for providing this forum. It seems to have a wealth of information! 

Jman

Quote from: hughz on November 02, 2012, 05:49:52 PM
Hi! As of this week, I'm a 2Box owner.  I am making the transition from a TD-10 kit which I felt was starting to show its age.  I have been playing purely acoustics for the past 7 years, but am working on a new dance band project that requires the flexibility that only an electronic kit will afford me. 

Aside from a non functioning trigger pad out of the box, I'm fairly happy.  Judging by some of the demo videos online, it seems I need to tweak and calibrate things better.  The hi-hat (open hits mis trigger) and bell of the ride (doesn't trigger).... not so good at all.  The overall sounds.... fantastic. Looks like I need to dig in and do some learning.  Thank you for providing this forum. It seems to have a wealth of information!
Hi, welcome to the forum. For the Bell problem, there are adjustments that can be set. High, Med or Low for the Bell. You will want to set up the trigger parameters on the cymbal to suit you first then adjust that Bell velocity setting..... here's another thread that is somewhat related:
http://www.2box-forum.com/index.php?topic=1416.msg13395#msg13395

roel

Wazzzzzzzzzzzaaa 2box!!! any news coming on your site, new update or new samples?

KLAKK

Hi. Just registered to the forum after reading only for some time now. So, hello everyone. First of all thank you for this forum and the info provided here. Happy e-drumming!

ICoppo

Hi 2BOX drummers.

Pascal from France, ancient member of DDRUM forum, and DDRUM user. (DDRUM2 then DDRUM4SE) I see some great ex ddrum players ;)  Now thinkin about buying the best edrums, called.. 2box. ;) Next set I see in France I buy it  :rock: Tried 2BOX MK1 2 years ago and it was a nice and pleasant moment.

I had several kits, starting 20.. Hmm... 25 years ago with a Tama swingstar, then i bought a roland octapad, a Dtx 2.0, a TD5... and a DDRUM2 + a Stage  Custom. I play DDRUM since maybe.. OUCH... 10/12 years. And drums since 1996. I had my 1st cymbal when I was 16, for Christmas. It was (lol) a dragon crash 16".

As ddrum2 owner, asked Clavia for owners's manual 7 of maybe 8 years ago (It was a 2nd hand edrum) then "someone" :) everyone knows here, sent me the manual directly from ... SWEDEN. Received it, 7 days after my email...

Sold my DDRUM2 (it was a TANK) and bought DDRUM4SE.
Always have my DDRUM4SE.

2Box, Thank you for this and for your great DrumitFive.

Best regards from France (MARSEILLE)
and I wish you a HAPPY NEW YEAR ;)

Pascal
DDRUM4SE, Sonorlite snare drum, Zildjian K/Z, K, Paiste 2002, SabianHH.
Tascam 2524. Motu UltraLite Hybrid. Imac. LogicAudio9, Mixbus Harrison. Garritan PO, Miroslav, SonicSynth, Sampletank... Waves plugins etc...
:drum1:  :animal:

xinrag

Hi!

.oO(some hours ago I ordered a 2box kit... it is hard to wait for the delivery now... but so I have some time to say hello here)

The reason why I ordered a 2box drumit kit: Because I hate edrumms in general! (:

Prehistory: Round about 20 years ago as I was a student and I worked in my holidays to get a acoustic kit. Since I fell in love with a Ludwig lb552k, a dw bass and other not so cheap components it took me three years to complete my kit. Poorly I couldn't play drums 5 years laters until now because of the it-is-just-too-loud-problem. So... since about 15 years my adrum is stored disasembled in the flat here. Drumming fall into oblivion...

Because of a "accident" I read about modern edrums, about 2box and I thought: Was it really true that an edrum may sound close (closer) to a adrum? Could it make fun to play a edrum? Can I get a sound out of my headphone which will not offend my ears?! I don't know so far but I hope the best!

So at the moment it is hardly to wait until I got my kit... I guess I will miss the differenz zones/sounds on playing the e-snare. Hopefully the 2box drumit will make a lot of fun! As I read and heard so far the sound is not bad! The the huge amount of volume layers are amazing ("add" some zones in the future and maybe you got it - just I don't know how the get this solved technically).

Ok... ah and thank you for this forum here. Thanks for all the informations and interesting discussions here!

(looking at my calendar... we are close to the end of 2012: I wish you all the best for 2013!)

Best regards from s/w germany,
Stephan

Btw: I don't know if there is a nice metal/bronze snare like my Ludwig in the 2box head. If somebody knows/has a good sound file I would be very interested in this! Since I do not own very good mics it wouldn't sound that good if I try to record a sample by my own... (and sorry for my not so good english here).

monodna

Hi everybody

Just wanted to drop by and say hello. Finally received my 2box 4 days ago after a ridiculously long and cruel week of waiting. Looking forward to sharing ideas and knowledge - if I'll ever get to a point where I can help - and leeching of of you guys and your hard work :)

Best regards

Claus