News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Best mixer for 2box

Started by dj_porter, March 14, 2014, 10:46:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dj_porter

Hi!
which model do you use? why?
cheers

Murgen

I have an Allen & Heath ZED-FX10 mixer. http://www.thomann.de/nl/allenheath_zed10fx.htm?gclid=CJWU65OplL0CFSMYwwodykoAVQ

I used to have a cheap Behringer but after 7 years some electronics broke down.

A&H has an off/on switch, almost no hiss and is flexible in it's setup.
--------
2Box Drumit 5 Mk2 since 2012

dj_porter

Yeah I have a Behringer Rx1202 Fx and the sound it's horrible, I will check the A & H
thank you!

Murgen

Quote from: dj_porter on March 15, 2014, 01:21:53 PM
Yeah I have a Behringer Rx1202 Fx and the sound it's horrible, I will check the A & H
thank you!

I had the same one. I agree with you about the sound. A&H has some humm when you switch it on but it is gone within seconds.

This is an old demo I made last summer using the A&H and iPad. This is with the old Ziljian gen16 acoustic pickups. Must record some more with the Direct Sound Pickups.

https://soundcloud.com/murgen-templar/demo1-1
--------
2Box Drumit 5 Mk2 since 2012

dj_porter

the hum or hiss is not present in the one I have, the problem is the sound quality, is like the overall sound of the mixer is too "mid Eq" even in the high and low frequencies, too raw and no matter what i do it is impossible to make it sound clear, I have a Motu 828 Mk2 audio interface and if i connect the 2box straight to the motu interface the sound is crystal clear when the sound goes thru the Behringer sounds horrible. I know A&H is top quality I used a mixer in one of the clubs I played dj and the sound was huge even with the Eq completely flat

teletom007

hy,
I use a presonus 16.4.2
the sound is very good and is super easy to use. I do not want another mixer. The purchase price is very low for a digital mixer. The rest of the group uses the mixer of course.

dj_porter

that's completely out of my league lol