News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Snare stand quality

Started by b, December 24, 2009, 11:59:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

b

In my opinion the snare stand, in particular the two hex rods are poorly made/bad design. Where they screw together doesn't seem to be sufficient to hold the weight of the snare pad whilst playing. I tighten it up and after a few minutes my snare is all wobbly again, and now the screw no longer works. I think the thread in the vertical hex rod has gone so now i have no working stand and a super wobbly snare pad. This part of the stand should be made more heavy duty.

Remi

When I tighten the snare to the clamp (by screwing), the snare lift from the rubber at te front and
have a wobbly snare to.
When I make it less tight the snare rest at the front but the snare became loose and wobbly again after playing.

Alex

The same happens to mine Remi. I think I will buy a separate stand when I get a chance, the build quality of the 2box stand is not very good unfortunately.

Lperissi

And the same to mine.
I think this is the worst mechanical part of the set. I had to replace the screw with one longer and a little larger, to grip deeply in the bar.
The snare continue to shift down while playing, and I had to stop with some adesive to stop the movement of the support.
Not a good thing to see, in a kit of that type!
They could include an indipendent stand for the snare, in future.

roel

Hope that they will deliver a better rack system in the future.I think the rack,the hihatstand, and the snare stand is crap.

puttenvr

Roel, perhaps it's better to post experiences than assumptions

spoenk

i think the rack is working perfectly, never had any problems with it. the hihat stand is rather basic, it works, but there are stands that work better, you can easily upgrade if you want to. the only problem i ever had with the snare stand was, that i wanted to have the snare at a position i couldn't reach with the provided system, but other than that it was stable and reliable...it's strange how some people have so many problems with the rack while others seem quite happy...maybe a question of taste, expectations, experience or whatever...

Remi

Rack is okay, but snare stand is not.
Hi hat is basic but works
I think when I look how it is made you need some luck for perfect fitting.
When some clamps not fit properly or with some tension then the problem starts.

I think each kit is different how all parts fit.
Also de clamps in the pads fit different.
One better then other by the same kit.

Perico

When I played the kit in a shop in Montreal, the snare stand was really unstable too!
I don't know if it's because they made a wrong thing or not, but I think I will use a stand snare to be safer!

Simpan

What bothered wasn't that it was unstable, it was the fact that I in no way could position it comfortably. I just dug out an old snare stand from my basement and now I use that instead. Put all of the cymbals on separate stands as well so I could turn up the thresh to max without crosstalk :D.

roel

Quote from: Simpan on December 27, 2009, 11:28:14 PM
What bothered wasn't that it was unstable, it was the fact that I in no way could position it comfortably. I just dug out an old snare stand from my basement and now I use that instead. Put all of the cymbals on separate stands as well so I could turn up the thresh to max without crosstalk :D.

pfff!!! they need just need to make a better rack system with better clamps and stands...

puttenvr

Roel, (again) play the kit for a period of time and then post your experiences
Don't parrot what other people say

Remi

Quote from: roel on December 28, 2009, 11:30:12 AM
pfff!!! they need just need to make a better rack system with better clamps and stands...

Rack is not bad, only some minor issues I would say. ;)

roel

Quote from: puttenvr on December 28, 2009, 11:45:16 AM
Roel, (again) play the kit for a period of time and then post your experiences
Don't parrot what other people say

iam sorry puttenvr but thats my experience with the set.

ber0ni

Hi guys! I also had problems with snare stand & was so pissed that i was looking on the internet to order the propper snare stand...than it hit me ;) The 2 bars were not placed correct i.e. i connected them wrong...döh
Just turn them arround & tighten the screw ;)  I've been playing the drums after that more than 6 days about 2-3 hours/day and the snare works great!!! Hope this helps.