News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

SDSE software Trouble ?

Started by yzf125, October 11, 2013, 12:37:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

yzf125

I was trying out The SDSE software that will transfer my NI Studio Drummer kits and it keeps telling me it couldn't load NI preset ?

I load Reaper 64 then open SDSE and open studio drummer, select all... it then goes through its paces and stops saying Couldn't load NI presets ?

Getting very frustrated, What am I doing wrong ??

Thanks Rick

Lustar

The only thing you did wrong was not contacting me directly, I could have helped sooner! :)

I just noticed a bug which completely prevented exporting from the NI Drummer series in the evaluation version, it will be fixed in a few minutes. I don't think it is related to your issue though, because you shouldn't even see that message at all, it must be something else (my first guess is that you may have the older Studio Drummer which is not compatible).
I'm sending you a PM very soon, we'll make it work for you.

I found why it didn't work for you.

When SDSE detects any of the Native Instruments VST for the first time, it installs a map file that is required to export from it and displays the following message "Map installed, please reload this VST".
The VST must then be reloaded. If the user proceeds without reloading, SDSE will display "Couldn't load NI preset".

SDSE 1.9.3 is now available (topic here) and includes the fix I mentioned earlier and an improved message that is harder to overlook (SDSE displays a pop up window and reloads Reaper after user confirmation).

yzf125

Still have the problems even after all of your suggestions. Everything is current and up to date.

Rick

yzf125

I need to give a HUGE THANKS TO LUSTAR  :rock:  He fixed my issue with no problem, That guy really knows his stuff man !!! He came right into my computer with the use of Free TeamViewer service software and took care of everything on the spot ! He showed me how to use the software and navigate all files and folders from start to finish !

If you don't already have the SDSE software to transfer your VST's, you need to get it, Its a must have for all 2box owners !

Thanks Lustar !!!

Larz

Dear Lustar

I just got exact the same issue with "Couldn´t load NI preset¨please could you advice how to fix that issues??  I am not able to see how you fixed it based on this conversation (and I am not familiar with Reaper)???

br

Lars

Lustar

The first thing to check is that you are using the newer version of the Native Instruments Kontakt library you are using. The supported version ends with "Drummer". Older versions ended with "Drums".

If you are using Modern Drummer there is a bug in Modern Drummer that prevents saving a preset (I'll help you fix it).

If none of the above was the solution for you don't worry, we'll make it work :)

Larz

Dear Lustar

I have checked the version, I am using the updated version and it says "Drummer" in this case it is AR Vintage Drummer.
I am planning to use Modern Drummer as well, but lets see if we can the other ones work first.....

Any suggestions?

br

Lars

Lustar

After investigating it turned out to that something changed in the newer version of Kontakt Player. Lars is currently exporting a kit with a version I built to support it. SDSE 2.2.7 will be released this weekend with support for Kontakt 5.4.1

Larz

Dear Lustar

I have now completed one pass (on a slow computer) through SDSE to 2BOX it works nicely - Fantastic sounds from NI Abbey Roads to the 2BOX!!! Great support from Lustar :drum3:

Thank you for the efficient and speedy support today - and thank for developing this nice peace of software....

br

Lars