News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

mounting 2Box module

Started by alohadrummer, October 10, 2013, 08:57:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alohadrummer

Aloha,
Long time Roland vdrummer and a new member here.
I am on a waiting list for a new 2box module. Question- does the module usually ship with a mounting bracket? If not, I am sure that the retailer would have the part to sell separate of the complete rack/pads?
Thanks,
Jack

Jman

Quote from: alohadrummer on October 10, 2013, 08:57:45 PM
Aloha,
Long time Roland vdrummer and a new member here.
I am on a waiting list for a new 2box module. Question- does the module usually ship with a mounting bracket? If not, I am sure that the retailer would have the part to sell separate of the complete rack/pads?
Thanks,
Jack

Hi Jack, what a lot of us have done that bought the module ala carte is drill a couple new holes in one of our Roland, Pintech, Hart .... etc. module mount ... and use that. If you use a 2Box module mount you will also need a 2Box clamp because the mount is on a hex rod.
I could tell you where to stick that piezo! :D ;)
http://stealthdrums.com/

fulrmr

At first I just re-drilled an APC-33...now I  have a  couple mounted on an acrylic plate with Industrial Velcro. Works great. :)

alohadrummer

Thanks,
Haven't been able to see a vid, schematic or photo of a clear view of the Drumit mounting.
Hex is what I assumed. DIY retro looks like the simple way to go.
Patiently waiting.
Cheers,

Jman

Quote from: alohadrummer on October 11, 2013, 01:05:03 AM
Thanks,
Haven't been able to see a vid, schematic or photo of a clear view of the Drumit mounting.
Hex is what I assumed. DIY retro looks like the simple way to go.
Patiently waiting.
Cheers,
Here is the bottom of the module:

The module on the left is mounted on that Pintech mount with one of my old Roland plastic rack/pad clams and new screw holes drilled in the plate as in the picture I posted earlier. The one on the right has the 2Box module mount and 2Box clamp (I got with the used kit I originally bought). As you can see both ways work fine.
I could tell you where to stick that piezo! :D ;)
http://stealthdrums.com/