News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Update on arrival of 2Box products

Started by cymbalism, September 24, 2013, 07:40:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cymbalism

Hi folks, It's been awhile since I've posted because frankly we haven't been able to get reliable information from Hoshino as to when the kits and modules will actually hit our shores. I wanted to give you the newest information that we have though. As of a week ago Hoshino is telling us the modules should be arriving the first week of Oct. and the kits and individual pads somewhere around the beginning of Nov.

These are estimates only and we'll be updating the forum when we get more info.

For you folks that are anxious to buy your 2Boxs products your welcome to shoot us an email at sales@cymbalismmusic.com and well update you personally as soon as we know more.

Thanks everyone,

Scott

mcrackins

Great news. I've had an order placed since June and have been patiently waiting. If my Canadian provider falls through, I'll be getting through you.

I do find it very odd that 2box or Tama haven't started any hype/promotion around this.

digitalDrummer

Quote from: mcrackins on September 26, 2013, 07:05:57 PM

I do find it very odd that 2box or Tama haven't started any hype/promotion around this.
Believe me, it's not for lack of trying! I have been trying to get hold of them for months, but without any response!!

mcrackins

Quote from: digitalDrummer on September 26, 2013, 09:59:48 PM
Believe me, it's not for lack of trying! I have been trying to get hold of them for months, but without any response!!

2box got back to me within a day of emailing them last month. What they told me was pretty much confirmed to me by the music store I ordered from. Mid to late November according to the distributor Efkay in Montreal. I just find it really strange that they wouldn't start advertising this, at bare minimum have an update on their website.

joeysculla

Interesting that spare parts are very slow coming out at this point. Seems to be a slow down at the factory end. I hope the company is okay!!

cymbalism

Quote from: mcrackins on September 26, 2013, 07:05:57 PM
Great news. I've had an order placed since June and have been patiently waiting. If my Canadian provider falls through, I'll be getting through you.

Great just let me know asap. I've got plenty of modules but only 4 kits are left unsold off of this first shipment. I would grab one fast if you want one.

Not sure either why there hasn't been more promotion from 2Box or Hoshino's. Maybe with so many delays their just waiting to fill up the warehouses first before they promote. Most people already know that they can order from Cymbalism Music now. We've been the go store for a couple of yrs now.

mcrackins

Quote from: Cymbalism Music on October 27, 2013, 08:29:05 PM
Great just let me know asap. I've got plenty of modules but only 4 kits are left unsold off of this first shipment. I would grab one fast if you want one.

Not sure either why there hasn't been more promotion from 2Box or Hoshino's. Maybe with so many delays their just waiting to fill up the warehouses first before they promote. Most people already know that they can order from Cymbalism Music now. We've been the go store for a couple of yrs now.

I should be hearing from the music store this week on the status of my order. If I see the delay extending any longer past mid December, I'll probably order from you. Do you base your inventory on pre-orders?

cymbalism

Hey guys here's the newest info for you folks waiting for or want to order just the pads, cymbals or hardware. The first kit order that just arrived was supposed to have included the individual pads and hardware but because of some screw up at 2Box they didn't make the container. They will now be coming with the next kit/module stocking order coming in late Dec. or early Jan.

I would pre-order of course if your interested. Everything is selling out fast so let me know if you need anything.

Scott

Hockeylifer

Hey Scott:

I'm still loving the 2Box I bought from you last year!  I know I've thanked you ten times already but here is eleven!  Thank you!! 

Regarding why 2Box is not doing more to promote the kits in the North American market, I would "speculate" that the demand is a lot higher than the supply -- so why waste the money on marketing.  They seems like a small outfit, which can be a good thing. And Hoshino may be supplying certain hardware components and acting as the distribution arm for US market but I'm sure they are approaching this whole endeavor with baby steps.

Either way, for those who want a 2Box, my advise is to act fast.  Last year when the 2Box kits appeared on Scott's website and Ebay I was psyched -- telling myself -- yes, they're finally in the US.  Well, not long after -- maybe two weeks -- after checking everyday I noticed the were off his site so I called him.  To make a long story short, I had a day to decide to buy one because of potential litigation, or wait until who knows how long?  It took me all of 10 minutes to call him back and order one.  I have not regretted that decision once in the time they arrived at my door!

Sorry that was long. 

cymbalism

Quote from: Hockeylifer on November 17, 2013, 02:47:27 PM
Hey Scott:

I'm still loving the 2Box I bought from you last year!  I know I've thanked you ten times already but here is eleven!  Thank you!! 

Regarding why 2Box is not doing more to promote the kits in the North American market, I would "speculate" that the demand is a lot higher than the supply -- so why waste the money on marketing.  They seems like a small outfit, which can be a good thing. And Hoshino may be supplying certain hardware components and acting as the distribution arm for US market but I'm sure they are approaching this whole endeavor with baby steps.

Either way, for those who want a 2Box, my advise is to act fast.  Last year when the 2Box kits appeared on Scott's website and Ebay I was psyched -- telling myself -- yes, they're finally in the US.  Well, not long after -- maybe two weeks -- after checking everyday I noticed the were off his site so I called him.  To make a long story short, I had a day to decide to buy one because of potential litigation, or wait until who knows how long?  It took me all of 10 minutes to call him back and order one.  I have not regretted that decision once in the time they arrived at my door!

Sorry that was long.
Your very welcome and thank you again for being such a loyal customer. I'm thrilled your still so happy with the 2Box products you purchased. That's a real testament to how good these modules and kits really are. Enjoy.

Now as to my opinion why I think Hoshino is not promoting the 2Box brand more? I believe the reason is that their simply waiting for production to pickup and shipping from the factory to streamline before putting  large amounts of money into marketing and advertising. Their not going to want to aggressively promote a product line until they've got sufficient stock on hand and are certain that stocking orders can be filled quickly.  I expect this to happen during next year so keep your eyes peeled for more advertising soon.

Scott

Hockeylifer