News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

New to Forum, Coming soon to 2Box

Started by KnipeDrums, September 04, 2013, 08:44:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KnipeDrums

Hey everyone, I am new to this forum but not new to e drum forums. I belong to VDrums and DTXperience.com. Currently playing Yamaha DTX900 and a Roland SPD30. I would like to build a kit around a 2Box module. I am a avid diyer and custom drum builder. Thanks, Tom

digitalDrummer

Welcome Tom. Haven't seen you around for a while!

KnipeDrums

Hi Allan, well when my son was diagnosed with Autism I needed to devote lot more time to his care and needs. Soon after my wife was diagnosed with a illness and I was not doing much in the way of drums or even building. I only took  care of existing customers. I still spend most of my time with my son but have been getting back to a more normal life.

I was asked to do some custom stuff for a new customer and decided I wanted to build something new for myself. So that led me here and starting to do my research into which Module or modules I am going to use. So life has brought me back around to something new. I hope all is well with you. Tom

Jman

Hi Tom, welcome, good to see you again. Jerry
I could tell you where to stick that piezo! :D ;)
http://stealthdrums.com/

fulrmr

Hey Tom! Good to have you here!

Cheers!
Daniel

Hellfire

It's good to hear you are back in the edrum game Tom.

KnipeDrums

Hi Phil, Daniel & Jerry, man its good to see you guys again. So what is the hot diy trigger design for a 2 box kit?

I started reading but not sure what we are dealing with here and can I make something compatible with my Yamaha kit as well as my new IKEA module coming soon?  i am going to call my kit the Lingenberry Special. lol

Thank you all for the warm welcome. T  ;D

fulrmr

Quote from: KnipeDrums on September 07, 2013, 08:40:46 AM
Hi Phil, Daniel & Jerry, man its good to see you guys again. So what is the hot diy trigger design for a 2 box kit?

I started reading but not sure what we are dealing with here and can I make something compatible with my Yamaha kit as well as my new IKEA module coming soon?  i am going to call my kit the Lingenberry Special. lol

Thank you all for the warm welcome. T  ;D

Well. Tom...I don't know much about the Yamaha Kits...but there is lots of  compatibility info out there for the DrumIt5 and 3rd party pads. Here is a thread I started over at vdrums on this. 

http://vdrums.com/forum/showthread.php?67748-2Box-Gear-Compatibility-and-Mods-Links-and-Builds

I use a version of the cake pans(mainly because I had plenty laying around) with the trigger assembly offset to the side of the pan. Traditional center mounts (ie original Roland pan builds) work also...but I figured I'd get more optimal performance if I stuck with the factory 2Box positioning.

Wronka has a snazzy shell mount trigger assembly that would be very easy for you to mimic also.

http://www.wronka-drums.de/shop/easytrigger/easytrigger/index.php

very reasonably priced also with good reviews from users...but I'm sure  you'd rather build yours from scratch.  ;)

Then of course most of the traditional piezo/piezo builds should yield great results also. Oh...and splitting the tom and snare inputs is a snap with a standard I/O "Y" cable.

The Hat system is of course proprietary...but Jerry has a really nice control box mod for mounting the controller on a standard HH stand pedal and using your pad of choice for the hat itself.

Can't wait to see what you come up with. Your builds have always been top notch. Have fun! :)