News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

can 2Box sounds be assigned to midi notes on MAC or PC

Started by alpererdogan, August 31, 2013, 10:51:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alpererdogan

Hi,
I love my 2box sounds but once i start to record on Logic Pro (i use 9 and 10 both), the sound changes on computer and it is different from module. Only i can get proper voices if add several mix and effect...
I suppose my sound card is not a first class :) it is roland quad capture bytheway, it is not bad but not as good as to take manual records...
Is there any way to assign sounds to midi notes on a sequencer program such as Logic?
Or do you know how can i record the drum sounds better?
BR

fishmonkey

you can use your kit as a MIDI triggering unit, by connecting MIDI cables between the 2Box module and your Quad-capture.

but, if your audio recordings of the 2Box sounds are noticeably worse than they should be, then there is probably something wrong with they way you have things set up for the recording.

exactly how do you have things connected, and what settings are you using on both the 2Box module and your Quad-capture?

and what is wrong with your recordings?

alpererdogan

My drum module has been connected to quad-capture from output1 with a standart audio cable. Infact sound quality drops down if i record over sound card. Many people doesnt realise the difference but if you listen carefully with a high quality monitor speaker or monitor headphone. I want to record drum sound as good as possible.
My aim is to put all sound samples to computer from 2 box module and trrigger them with midi notes over a sequencer program.
I suppose that there must be a programe such as superior drummer to use 2box drum sounds...

fishmonkey

the sounds from the 2 Box module are set up to work in stereo. if you are only recording from Output 1 then you are only recording the left channel, so yes the sound quality will be much reduced.

you should use another cable to connect Output 2 to a second input on your Quad-Capture.

also, make sure that you have panned the two Quad-Capture inputs to hard left and hard right.

alpererdogan

Thank you very muc for your response.
Do you know if 2 box module's outputs (not headphone) are mono or stereo?
As far as i know quad capture inputs are stereo but i am not %100 sure...

fishmonkey

outputs 1-6 on the 2Box module are mono outputs.

the two front panel inputs on your Quad-Capture are definitely mono inputs (like almost all audio interfaces). the total of 4 inputs of the Quad-Capture includes the two channel coaxial digital input on the rear panel.

alpererdogan

thank you very much for your your help, i will buy another cable and will record again.