News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

extreme drums internal acoustic drum triggers with the 2box module?

Started by Dr.Skins, May 23, 2013, 08:01:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

digitalDrummer

Y0u haven't actually mentioned what you are currently using.

Dr.Skins

2 roland pd-100's 1 pd-120 as a snare and 2 12"alesis pads that have been converted to mesh with the 682 conversion and an 8"alesis kick with the same conversion.

Jman

Quote from: Dr.Skins on May 26, 2013, 09:35:29 AM
2 roland pd-100's 1 pd-120 as a snare and 2 12"alesis pads that have been converted to mesh with the 682 conversion and an 8"alesis kick with the same conversion.
With some trigger parameter adjustments you should be able to get pretty good performance from what you have IMO.
Do you have a good knowledge of adjusting trigger parameters? That is a critical part of using anything other than stock pads with a drum module, be it 2Box or Roland, Alesis, etc. There aren't a lot of parameters to deal with in the 2Box module. You just need to take one pad at a time and adjust things for each zone of the pad. Try Pad10 type for the 10" pads, Pad12 for the 12". Using Pos1 trigger curve for center mounted triggers is a good way to even the head response more between center and the outer head.
The PD-100 pads can easily be converted to dual zone pads if that is something you are wanting: http://vdrums.com/forum/showthread.php?56834-pd-100-Mod-and-general-question
Tom inputs can be split for adding additional pads though, so splitting the tom inputs the PD-100s are used for creates room for 2 more single zone cymbals or pads.

I could tell you where to stick that piezo! :D ;)
http://stealthdrums.com/

Dr.Skins

Thank you, the reason I wanted to upgrade to triggered acoustic drums was for the bigger sizes and the looks to get as close to an acoustic set for feel and looks.

digitalDrummer

All I can advise is to check out both the internal and external trigger reviews we've done. And one qualification - the revisions to the 2box OS mean that much of the previous incompatibility is now a non-issue and most - if not all- triggers can be tweaked in the settings. To it's really a choice between budget, aesthetics and number of zones.
Let us know how you go.

Dr.Skins

ok so I purchased a 5pc set of 1985 or 86 tama swingstars for a $125.00 from guitar center. I'm going to buy the bill blast 3ply heads for all the batter sides of the kit., but now it's a toss up between ddrum drt trigger set or a set of billy blast triggers, will the 3ply heads work well with any of these triggers?

digitalDrummer

Drt may be overkill unless you're gigging and need the spare piezo. They're all single zone except te snare. Personally, I'd go for the Pros. You would even get good results from the redshots, and maybe just get a single Pro snare trigger.

Dr.Skins

Dr.Skins

Hello, I opted out of the tama  swingstars and recently purchased a set of pdp concept maples along with some ddrum pro triggers. I noticed on the triggers that the casing is wide open with wires exposed. Should I cover them up?, and if so whats the best way to do it? I'm waiting on a set of 3 ply billy blast heads so it's something for me to do while I wait.