News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

2box triggers available separately?

Started by OceanMachine, June 12, 2013, 03:07:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OceanMachine

Hi,

I was watching this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_XsOgrKQp8

And at about 2:45 in this video Bengt seems to show that there are 2box triggers that they have added to an acoustic kit (with mesh heads).  They seem to look like the 2box triggers, and they are orange, so I have to assume they are actual 2box ones.

Has anyone seen these triggers available on their own before?  I can't seem to see them on the internet - does anyone know if they are even available?

I know that some other 3rd party triggers can be used with the 2box module, but was interested whether these 2box triggers offered any better/different performance, so wondered if anyone has these?

Thanks in advance

digitalDrummer

I saw the prototypes at NAMM two years ago. In reality, they are probably just like ddrum or similar triggers, but in a 2box shell.
They seem to be having production issues because it's taking a long time to get to the market.
Personally, I'd look at the dozens of triggers already available, all of which work fine with the 2box module.
We've reviewed most of them in digitalDrummer.

OceanMachine

OK, thanks for that.  I saw the July 2010 edition of digitalDrummer, thanks for the reviews!