News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

ddrum pro trigger question

Started by Dr.Skins, July 07, 2013, 05:02:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr.Skins

Hi I just installed ddrum pro triggers on my pdp concept kit, the batters are mesh the resonate sides are regular stock acoustic heads. I noticed some retriggering after alot of module tweaking on the drum it 5. Could the resonate heads be the main problem here?

edtc

i doubt that the reso head could be guilty....  try to muffle the mesh head with foam : around the mesh head ( like on 2BOX pads) and close to the beater ...

Dr.Skins

Quote from: edtc on July 07, 2013, 11:53:18 AM
i doubt that the reso head could be guilty....  try to muffle the mesh head with foam : around the mesh head ( like on 2BOX pads) and close to the beater ...

So should I put a foam column in each drum so that it makes contact with both heads and shell?

digitalDrummer

Have you tried tightening your mesh heads? And are the triggers firmly attached. Finally, is the extra triggering on all the drums or just one?

Dr.Skins

Quote from: digitalDrummer on July 08, 2013, 09:21:44 AM
Have you tried tightening your mesh heads? And are the triggers firmly attached. Finally, is the extra triggering on all the drums or just one?

I tightened the heads and the triggers are firmly attached and i've only tested the snare so far. I just ordered Remo Muffls Sound Control inserts the ones that totally muffle the head. hopefully that will solve the problem if not at least my bearing edges will be protected lol.

tower of p

Quote from: Dr.Skins on July 08, 2013, 06:10:58 PM
...Remo Muffls Sound Control inserts...

Hi,
they worked just fine with my snare (Roland RT5s-trigger)

Dr.Skins

Quote from: tower of p on July 08, 2013, 08:07:47 PM
Hi,
they worked just fine with my snare (Roland RT5s-trigger)

Ok cool thank you very much

Dr.Skins

Hello, so I put the remo muffl sound control on my snare and now I have a dead zone when tapping lightly on the head. could it be the 3ply heads?,maybe they'er just to many layers messing with the sensitivity of the trigger? I'm going nuts here because if so thats a big chunk of change wasted  on 3ply heads and remo muffl sound control inserts uhg!!!!lol  :-[

digitalDrummer

Can you check the trigger and make sure the piezo and sensor cushion are firmly attached. I was dubious about the muffle ring as I've never had to muffle a head for an external trigger.
Also, what size head are we talking about? I wouldn't imagine you're using anything bigger than 14"? Performance falls off the bigger the head, but should be fine for most snare sizes.

Dr.Skins

Quote from: digitalDrummer on July 10, 2013, 10:48:43 PM
Can you check the trigger and make sure the piezo and sensor cushion are firmly attached. I was dubious about the muffle ring as I've never had to muffle a head for an external trigger.
Also, what size head are we talking about? I wouldn't imagine you're using anything bigger than 14"? Performance falls off the bigger the head, but should be fine for most snare sizes.

I checked and yes they are firmly attached. it's a 14" snare I'm thinking there are to many plies in the head. i will be using a 10" 12" 14" 16"toms and a 22" kick hope this won't be a factor for them.

digitalDrummer

I doubt it's the head. I have tested three-ply heads and they have not caused false triggering. I think it has to be your trigger setting. I would spend a bit of time trying various trigger settings. I assume you have tried AcTr1 and 2? Maybe try some of the Pad settings and then adjust the parameters.
also try different inputs - see if you get false triggering when it's connected to a tom input.
I would also shoot an email to 2box support before buying anything else.
Also make sure your "save" is activated or the changes won't actually be saved (sorry to go back to basics, but you never know).