News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Yamaha pcy-15 and pcy-13 with 2 box and alternative to 2 box hi hat

Started by hemiboy, April 14, 2013, 07:14:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemiboy

Anybody using Yammie e cymbals with the 2 box and if so are you getting all 3 zones out of the ride and 2 zones with the crashes and  any issues at all? I have rolands  now but might sell with my roland kit. I would consider another brand other than Yammie. Also alternative to 2 box hi hat , any suggestions? . 2 box module ordered and promised in June

edtc

http://www.2box-forum.com/index.php?topic=1010.0

use the search function , there is a lot of posts about other brand cymbals ....

have a nice day

Haggis-man

Quote from: hemiboy on April 14, 2013, 07:14:35 AM
Anybody using Yammie e cymbals with the 2 box and if so are you getting all 3 zones out of the ride and 2 zones with the crashes and  any issues at all? I have rolands  now but might sell with my roland kit. I would consider another brand other than Yammie. Also alternative to 2 box hi hat , any suggestions? . 2 box module ordered and promised in June

the Yamaha PCY's will work straight out the box as 2-zone cymbals, although I found I had to increase the gain pot on the cymbals to get a decent level out of them. For 3-zone you will have to modify the cymbals I'm afraid.

Cheers

stickcharmer

I know this is late, but I use them. I'm not a big fan, partly because the edge where it can be choked can kill the sound if you hit it with too much pressure at times. The older version works well, however. I would like to pick up some 2box cymbals, just dont know who has them these days.

fulrmr

Quote from: stickcharmer on May 10, 2013, 04:49:39 AM
I know this is late, but I use them. I'm not a big fan, partly because the edge where it can be choked can kill the sound if you hit it with too much pressure at times. The older version works well, however. I would like to pick up some 2box cymbals, just dont know who has them these days.

I'm sure  they will be plentiful come June.  ;)