News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

2Box hihat construction

Started by Murgen, March 08, 2013, 08:43:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Murgen

Hi all,

I finally figured out what is causing the occasional weird triggers on my 2box hat. I checked everything, including the interior of the connections but all is right in there. The mis trigger is the chick sound, like closing the hat.

The reason is that while playing the hat cymbal tends to tilt down on the spot where you hit it. In rest it will return to it's original position but while playing it cannot. I tried to dig into the construction but the rubber is firmly (glued?) attached to the central part of the hat and you cannot lift it. My assumption is that de central box and the disc are loosely connected and kept in place by the rubber sleeve covering the hat. Somehow my hat has a spot where it can tilt more then other positions. My workaround is that I rotated the hat and play on the other side.

Still, can anyone of you confirm this issue?

Using a bottom hat keeping the upper hat in position might solve the issue. Must experiment with this.   
--------
2Box Drumit 5 Mk2 since 2012

Murgen

I'm very, very impressed by the 2Box service. In less then 30 minutes I received an e-mail and they will send me a new hi hat cymbal in exchange for mine. Wauw! I'm stunned! What a service.   :rock:
--------

Haggis-man

Quote from: Murgen on March 08, 2013, 09:18:28 AM
I'm very, very impressed by the 2Box service. In less then 30 minutes I received an e-mail and they will send me a new hi hat cymbal in exchange for mine. Wauw! I'm stunned! What a service.   :rock:

Yes, the service from these guys is second to none and one of the reasons I went with 2box in the first place.

Murgen

They think there is another reason for the mis triggers and want me to test on another hi hat. They really give you value for money and work on their product. Yes, made my day.
--------

Murgen

New hihat was delivered today! Aftersales service is excellent. New hat sounds better, still tweaking, mesa boomba happy  now!

--------