News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Huge EZdrummer problems

Started by monodna, January 21, 2013, 09:46:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

espen

In three zone cymbal (2Box type) the first midi note is bell, then bow, edge, choke. For example if you set the midi note in module as 1 for your ride cymbal. Bell will be 1, bow 2, edge 3 and choke 4. Also, should not place some other instruments "inside" this sequence. E.g. don't set your kick as 3.

This remapping in EZdrummer is impossible to do properly without some external midi mapper. Inside DAW I recommend MIDI Shape Shifter: https://code.google.com/archive/p/midi-shape-shifter/
If using standalone version MIDIOX: http://www.midiox.com/
I have used both and they are all good once you learn the procedure.

I now use EZDrummer 2 and at least there it seems that hatsTrig is midi note 18 and hatsTipTrig is 20. You can found all midi notes when you select an instrument and there in the right lower corner is box "Details". Press it and you see all articulations of the instrument  present. You see them as Keys but you can change them as note numbers by pressing the right upper corner.

Devious123

I actually was just wondering what sounds people were using to trigger the hats properly, because i was curious if i had figured it out properly. I wound up going with HatsTipTrigger, for one of the notes to be triggered, by trial, and error. I set the other two notes for a tight hats sound, and the other i think was for the top of the hats sound i think. I used my 2box hats sounds as a guide line, and compared back and forth till i come up with the ones that were similar.

I did get mot of the notes mapped using reapers built in KEYS TO MAP prior to the post i made, but it was kind of tendious, and took me like 4 hours. I was curious about that program midi shape filter, and what you primarily use it for? Do you use the "learn" function for mapping that it has, and if so how well has it worked for you?

I mentioned in the other post my issue with choking notes causes EZDrummer to trigger a sound with my 3 zone cymbal, and was wondering if this "midi shape filter" program could take care  of that issue for me, and if that is so what function of that program would i need to learn how to use in order to accomplish fixing this problem?

I already new about this cascading note functionality that the drumit 5 has by reading about it in the manual. I was actually considering different hat sounds or a big gong sound on the bell area of the cymbal, and leaving the rest a normal cymbal, but i think i would have to have a EZDrummer pack, or some other odd drum vst that has odd, and unusual cymbal types with a gong in it.