News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Breaking News from VDrums.com forum!!

Started by Murgen, January 08, 2013, 10:21:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Murgen

--------
2Box Drumit 5 Mk2 since 2012

tower of p

hell yes!
does this mean they managed to figure out those patent-issues with roland?

Jovato

It never was really a patent issue with Roland.  2Box was changing North American distributors.  The old one in Canada has no more stock to speak of.  This is a great pairing for both companies.

Renegator

I was pretty sure folks were saying it was a patent issue regarding the mesh pads. In any case, this is exciting news.

digitalDrummer

Quote from: Renegator on January 09, 2013, 02:22:12 AM
I was pretty sure folks were saying it was a patent issue regarding the mesh pads. In any case, this is exciting news.
Not totally.

edtc

Great news !!!   Tama is a f----ing good brand !  and they make really tough hardware ... 

Hope 2box will benefit from this Us distribution .... and americans too

Renegator

Quote from: digitalDrummer on January 09, 2013, 03:25:30 AM
ill-informed people!

Hmm, I must have missed that. Last I saw you were part of that thread. But hey, I miss a lot of stuff. :-).

puttenvr

Quote from: Renegator on January 09, 2013, 02:22:12 AM

Rumours go that the US kits will have the 2box rubber heads instead of mesh
Any confirmations?

Murgen

Quote from: puttenvr on January 11, 2013, 04:23:37 PM
Rumours go that the US kits will have the 2box rubber heads instead of mesh
Any confirmations?

Probably, this is to skip the Roland USA patent infringement.
--------

boekhour

OK, maybe this marriage will bring good things for both companies, like combining the great Tama hardware-rack stuff with the excelent 2box drums. In idea to implement for MKIII-version?

Murgen

Quote from: boekhour on January 12, 2013, 09:41:15 AM
OK, maybe this marriage will bring good things for both companies, like combining the great Tama hardware-rack stuff with the excelent 2box drums. In idea to implement for MKIII-version?

MkIV, I invented and built the MkIII ...  :P
--------

cymbalism

Quote from: tower of p on January 08, 2013, 10:57:30 PM
hell yes!
does this mean they managed to figure out those patent-issues with roland?

We've been in close contact with Hoshino about the Roland patent issues and how they will avoid any complications. The drums will be shipped with either rubber or Mylar heads in the US. The kits will also come with some Tama hardware such as hihat and kick pedal. A nice upgrade from the stock gear. There will also be new preloaded sounds created specifically for Tama. It will be an exciting new chapter for 2Box in the US.

If anyone is interested we currently have the last 2 remaining modules in North America and can ship you one out right away. http://stores.cymbalismmusic.com/-strse-2233/Drumit-Five-2Box-Electronic/Detail.bok

I'll post on the forum as soon as we get word on stock availability of the kits and parts.

Scott

boekhour

Quote from: Cymbalism Music on January 14, 2013, 02:19:50 AM
The kits will also come with some Tama hardware such as hihat and kick pedal.
Ha nice to hear they took over my advice  ;)!!