SDSE: export drum VSTs to .wav, .dsnd and .dkit in 1-click

Started by Lustar, November 23, 2012, 10:52:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Would you be interested in a Mac version of SDSE? (only vote if you are a Mac user)

Yes, a Mac version is a must for me
I would but I already use the Windows version on my Mac or notebook
No, free solutions like Boot Camp or VirtualBox are enough, keep the focus on supporting VSTs

edcito

Quote from: Lustar on September 15, 2017, 05:05:36 PM
In about two weeks, maybe sooner.

So, almost 3 weeks have elapsed, any update?
btw, you should charge for the version supporting sd3, i'd gladly pay for it, it's a lot of work and you deserve it, of course one would upgrade only if one has already sd3.

Lustar

Lustar

SDSE 2.6 is available.

This version adds support for Superior Drummer 3 and profiles for the Alesis Strike and Yamaha DTX-Multi 12.

Superior Drummer 3:
If you also trigger SD3 through MIDI make sure to set the MIDI mapping to Default before exporting (in SD3 > Settings > MIDI In/E-Drums)
To export cymbals with different bow and bell articulations enable the articulations with the "All articulations" menu in SD3 and set the Crash Bow/Bell or Ride Bow/Bell in SDSE in Options > Zones.
To export the Kick Hit disable the Open articulation in "All articulations".
"Add Instrument" is not supported but replacing kit pieces with different instruments from other SDX/EZX packs should work.

Main changes:

• support for Superior Drummer 3 (3.0.1 minimum)
  • support for tom rimonly articulation for SD3 and SD2, cymbal and ride bow/bell options for SD3.
  • Drum Module profiles with settings for the Alesis Strike and Yamaha DTX-Multi 12 - thanks to Jman, Chaser and Jacky
  • Samples: options to set the maximum duration of samples for each instrument type.
    The maximum size is displayed for each instrument type depending on the Maximum amount of samples, maximum length and 16-bit/Mono options.
  • support for PIII kit from GetGood Drums Halpern Drums v2.
  • fixed possible issue with default settings for Drum Module profiles (when a module configuration file was deleted without deleting the main configuration file)

steph_leto

Hello Lustar

I'm a new edrum user and your program seems to be really interesting !

By the way, i'm trying to download SDSE but my AV detect a Trojan in the file...
Is it normal ?

Trojan:Win32/Fuerboos.C!cl in file sdse-install.exe

Lustar

Hi, don't worry the warning is a false positive, here's the link to check it with 66 AV programs on virustotal: virustotal
It tends to happen more on new files and I updated SDSE today with last minute fixes.

Please don't hesitate to send me a mail or PM if you have questions about SDSE!

makoki

Hi Dennis, got a problem today testing SDSE and SD3. It seems something is wrong with SDSE, as imposible to render a single snare. The issue seems to be related with a "sizing" issue. SDSE startrs properly, but when it says "scalling" I see the mouse to go for "detach"..after that it is clear the mouse pointer is moving most probably with wrong scale; at the end I see the "Toontrack Web Site" (most probably becuse this erratic movement of the pointer end in a help key or similar.

SDSE informs it cannot retrive drums information, etc...I have reinstalled everything several times, with no success..

The surprising thing is that some few days ago it works perfectly.

Any comment?

Lustar

Hi and thanks for the feedback. SD3 resizes its window depending on the available space so it would explain that it stopped working suddenly. The good news is that I was going to upload a new version with fixes for SD3 and for this particular issue. Please tell me if it still happens with the new version.

SDSE 2.6.1

Changes since 2.6, with thanks to Chaser, Hendrick, Markus, Mark and Jman:

• SD3: fixed issues when exporting on smaller screen resolution (1366x768)
  • SD3: fixed cymbal articulations for older SDX and EZX packs
  • SD3: fixed options for the bow shank and bell tip
  • Abbey Road 80's Drummer: support for all octobans
  • Filenames: option to truncate instrument names to fit a character limit, option to keep only width (14 instead of 14x6.5)
  • Filenames: options to rename instruments or brand/manufacturer to lower or upper case (can be useful for modules with small screens)
  • options to sort instruments in folders or folder\subfolder for the Strike and other modules (to sort by instrument or instrument\brand)

makoki

Hi, tested, but unfortubately does not work. My resolution is 1920x 1024, so I do not think that's the issue. Tested with BFD and it works like a charm.

No need to hurry up..

Lustar

I prepared a possible fix and sent you a PM with the new version.

If anyone has the same issue mentioned by makoki or any trouble when exporting from SD3 please tell me!

Edit: the matter is apparently resolved with the latest version :)

96max5sp

I had a question about GetGood Drums compatibility as i didn't see it listed on the website but its mentioned on the previous page in this thread. I am not too familiar with it but is it compatible with Reaper and I can use SDSE just as easily as any other VST or is there a special setup for this?

Lustar

It works with Reaper but requires Kontakt (even the free version) so you would need to install it first. Then to export it works the same as other Kontakt libraries like DrumMic'A, SDSE will display check boxes to select the pieces that you'd like to export: open SDSE and Reaper, Select Kontakt in the list, load GetGood Drums Halpern v2 in Kontakt, adjust the sound, select the pieces with the check boxes, click Export.

96max5sp

Ok, great, sounds easy enough and i did use DrumMic'a in the past just  can't remember how it worked  :P
Thanks!

Murgen

I ordered a new PC. It will have a SSD to be sued for the 2Box files. Hopefully I will have time to setup a new Lustar installation to create a new 2Box library of my BFD2 and BFD3 VST's. Still using the card I burned back in 2012 ... time flies when you have fun.
--------
2Box Drumit 5 Mk2 since 2012

Lustar

Glad to hear that Murgen, I hope you'll like the changes!

SDSE 2.6.2 is available

This version adds support for the free MT Power Drum Kit 2 VST.

• support for MT Power Drum Kit 2 v2.0.2
  • support for the Alt-Rock EZX2 - thanks to Jon
  • Addictive Drums 2: batch export of a single instrument type (press Shift+F1 to start)
  • SD3: support for v3.0.3 (hit variation and voice and layer are set before exporting)
  • SD3: the Hats Pedal Closed can be exported

danecraze

I am liking sdse. Still working things out a bit. Using it to create samples from SD2 to be used in Alesis Strike Pro module.
The strike editor has an auto-map feature but it recommended to not normalize the tracks before importing to the module. So should I disable the Normalize Volume setting?
Thanks