SDSE: export drum VSTs to .wav, .dsnd and .dkit in 1-click

Started by Lustar, November 23, 2012, 10:52:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Would you be interested in a Mac version of SDSE? (only vote if you are a Mac user)

Yes, a Mac version is a must for me
I would but I already use the Windows version on my Mac or notebook
No, free solutions like Boot Camp or VirtualBox are enough, keep the focus on supporting VSTs

digitalDrummer

HI Coda, any progress for those of us on the dark side (Macs!)?

thx9286

I can´t wait for the mac version!! Any news??  ;)

Lustar

There are no plans in the near future unfortunately. A very good solution for now is to use a virtual machine, it's easier than it seems and has some advantages.

ANGR77

Hi Lustar!

I was just checking the AD2 ADPaks ... But I could not find support for the last pak called United POP.

I am guessing that it is not any problem to export it anyway (in fact I have done it) but the pak shows up as studio pop.

How does this work?

Best regards

Angr77
Sonor Safari, Pearl Crystalbeat, Zourman Triggers, Roland & Triggera, 2box Cymbals & HH, RT-10, KT-10, BT-1, VH-11/12/13, ATV hh, KT-10, 14C/13R/15R, PCY-155, MD, 2Box 5 MK1&II & 3, DD4SE, Pearl ButtKicker Addictive Drums 2.1.14, all ADPaks moved to 2box, Zourman Conversion Gears www.zourman.com

Lustar

Hi,
For AD2 it's possible to export ADpaks when they are not listed but the .dsnd will have generic filenames. I will look at adding United POP in the next version.

edit: added it now

Lustar

SDSE 2.4.3 is available.

Main changes:

• support for United Pop ADpak (Addictive Drums 2)
  • support for Chocolate Audio Modern Retro for BFD - thanks to Geir!

ANGR77

Fantastic - As usual Mr Lustar - the response, support and the dedication is just top notch for SDSE!!

I had to try and make an export on my Surface 3 - i7...and 32 minutes and 21 seks...the AD2 United POP package was there! IT seeems like the 125%/150% DPI issue is gone...my system is running SDSE on 100% DPI in Windows 10!

Many thanks and have a great saturday evening!

ANGR77
Sonor Safari, Pearl Crystalbeat, Zourman Triggers, Roland & Triggera, 2box Cymbals & HH, RT-10, KT-10, BT-1, VH-11/12/13, ATV hh, KT-10, 14C/13R/15R, PCY-155, MD, 2Box 5 MK1&II & 3, DD4SE, Pearl ButtKicker Addictive Drums 2.1.14, all ADPaks moved to 2box, Zourman Conversion Gears www.zourman.com

Jman

Quote from: ANGR77 on October 24, 2015, 06:02:15 PM
Fantastic - As usual Mr Lustar - the response, support and the dedication is just top notch for SDSE!!

ANGR77
I'll second that! :drum3:
I could tell you where to stick that piezo! :D ;)
http://stealthdrums.com/

Coda

I have a problem, and I'm not sure if it's upgrading SDSE that caused it...

Recently I moved my SDSE system from my Mac's bootcamp, into a VM. Reinstalled kontakt, etc, and re-found the libraries. Exporting Drumica was working fine. A couple days ago, I wanted to try another preset, and after nearly 2 hours I noticed that it was done, but in the output folder was just wav files (and folders with split waves). No dsnds anywhere. I tried again and watched it. After some time (reaper had finished) I noticed under the orange glow that there was an file dialog asking where to save the dsound. SDSE had not managed to complete that action, and it was just sitting there. I CTRL-ALT-DEL, Escape, to stop SDSE and manually OK'd the file dialog, and a dsound was created (kick drum) but it's moot as the process was borked. If I then select 'Convert' to change the waves to dsnd I get the same issue. It's stopping at the first file dialog where it's supposed to save the dsound.
I have reset my SDSE preferences to default, and tried another VST and I'm getting the same issue.
Is it the latest update not playing nice on VMs or something else? Thanks.
P.S. I moved from bootcamp to a VM because I absolutely need to work on my mac and cannot have the time out while windows is doing its thing, therefore once the process is going, I switch desktops back. I'm wondering if this is causing it somehow (but it was working fine last week).

Lustar

Is it Windows 10 in the VM by any chance? There was a fix for the same issue in the latest version 2.4.3. If it happened with an earlier version please try 2.4.3. I'm sending you a PM with two versions in case it doesn't work for you.

Coda

No, it's W7, same as my bootcamp partition. I'm not an early adopter these days, I've far too little time to do repairs :D
I'm reading through your PM and will deal with it accordingly, looks like it's Jman's fault  ;D

Lustar

SDSE 2.4.4 is available.

This version adds support for the Progressive Foundry SDX and makes it easier to avoid duplicate filenames on the DrumIt Five.

No more duplicate filenames
Set a kit in one of the supported VSTs and click export, you won't have to worry about duplicate filenames even when exporting alternate versions of the same kit.

On the DrumIt Five the kits don't save the path to the .dsnd instruments, they can be copied anywhere on the module memory/SD card. This is convenient to manage and sort .dsnd files but when two .dsnd filenames share the same first 31 characters the module can use the wrong file when a kit is loaded. When exporting from a VST SDSE shortens the instrument names and adds a short code for the sound library to minimize the risk of getting duplicate names and to be able to read the instrument names on the DrumIt Five screen. All the supported VSTs and sound libraries are tested to ensure that the names are short enough and that there aren't any duplicates. To avoid getting duplicate filenames when exporting alternate versions of the same kit pieces it's possible to type a few characters in the Preset field of SDSE to ensure that the set of .dsnd files have unique filenames. The new version makes it easier by picking a random 2 characters code when the Preset field is left blank. It will make it extremely unlikely to get duplicate filenames even if we forget to type a preset name. The new setting is enabled by default and can be disabled if needed in Options/General.

Example with the 14x6.5 Ludwig Black Beauty snare from Superior Drummer 2 Progressive Foundry:
14x6.5 L BBeauty_PF.dsnd (setting disabled, SDSE shortens the instrument name and appends PF for Progressive Foundry)
14x6.5 L BBeauty_PF**.dsnd (setting enabled, two random characters appended)
14x6.5 L BBeauty_PF00.dsnd (setting enabled or disabled, 00 preset name in the text field of SDSE before clicking Export)

Main changes:
  • support for the Progressive Foundry SDX - thanks to Jman
  • new setting to avoid duplicate filenames, enabled by default
  • sort .dsnd in folders: the preset name is not added to the folder names any more, to keep alternate versions of the same pieces in a single folder
  • set EZDrummer2 32out in the REAPER project
  • fixed Kontakt add-on when Info pane is open

Jman

The new version is great, I built the entire Progressive Foundry SDX into dsnds from the default SD2 kits a couple days back. Then I decided to do another run with a preset and just have a few extra snares left to do on that build. The new feature adding the random letters at the end when naming is great. I like to have 5 toms, so if a library has less than 5 I will normally tune up or down on toms to create the extra, when doing that I would end up with 2 toms named the same unless going into the folder and changing something before building the extra toms, now I can do it all in the same session, with no additional steps needed, easy! J

Coda

Great idea Lustar. Thanks for your continual dedication to improving SDSE.
Jerry, what's the Prog foundry sdx like? Do you like it, and is there something notable about it that really stands out?

Jman

Quote from: Coda on November 15, 2015, 09:27:18 PM
Great idea Lustar. Thanks for your continual dedication to improving SDSE.
Jerry, what's the Prog foundry sdx like? Do you like it, and is there something notable about it that really stands out?
I'll know more after I actually build my new card with the new kits. My previous card is full of other BFD expansions, so instead of pulling kits off that and adding this I'm going to do another card. But, I guess I was attracted to this one because of how good Metal Foundry is. So far it sounds like it will be a good one, through the headphones on the PC.