SDSE: export drum VSTs to .wav, .dsnd and .dkit in 1-click

Started by Lustar, November 23, 2012, 10:52:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Would you be interested in a Mac version of SDSE? (only vote if you are a Mac user)

Yes, a Mac version is a must for me
I would but I already use the Windows version on my Mac or notebook
No, free solutions like Boot Camp or VirtualBox are enough, keep the focus on supporting VSTs

Lustar

Thanks for your feedback, I'm glad you enjoy the results!

fishmonkey

well, i just exported my first full BFD3 preset using SDSE, and wow, totally worth the effort. wish i'd done it sooner!

the results are absolutely a cut above the stock 2Box sounds. fabulous!

Jman

Quote from: fishmonkey on August 01, 2014, 11:34:13 AM
well, i just exported my first full BFD3 preset using SDSE, and wow, totally worth the effort. wish i'd done it sooner!

the results are absolutely a cut above the stock 2Box sounds. fabulous!
Yup, load up the module with some high quality VST dsnds and the WOW factor kicks in, creating some serious respect for the 2Box drum module.

BFD3 is really impressive with a huge selection of very high quality drums and cymbals (3 zones on rides, crashes, splashes, Chinas!). Incredible studio like recording features. You can just click and export some excellent kits already preset, or tweak and change sounds to your hearts desire, almost endless. Overall my favorite single VST package.

Lustar really put in some time and effort resulting in improvements to SDSE when developing the BFD3 compatible version. There were lots of hurdles with that one. The good thing about those hurdles is the latest version of SDSE has some impressive features and improvements that are also incorporated for the other VST brand conversions. SDSE just gets better.

Congrats on the new sounds fishmonkey, and well done again Lustar!
I could tell you where to stick that piezo! :D ;)
http://stealthdrums.com/

fishmonkey

yep, it's very clear that Lustar has put a hell of a lot of work into developing SDSE, and his attention to detail really shows. he provides great support too.

although i'd much prefer an OS X version, it's obvious that there would need to be a lot more people clamouring for it to justify the amount of work that would be involved. i'm running it using Windows 7 in a virtual machine, which has the big advantage of still being able to work in OS X while SDSE is doing its thing (as SDSE takes complete control over Windows).

i'm rendering my third full preset now, and here a couple of my favourite SDSE features so far: the 2Box editor extension (since i have an extra cymbal and a DIY percussion trigger), and the option to have two different snare rim sounds automatically layered according to velocity (this means i can play a cross-stick and a rim shot, which i have been really missing).

it's also inspiring/forcing me to learn the ins and outs of BFD3, which i've never taken the time to do before...

mcrackins

Just played around with this a bit since getting it last night...Wow! just awesome software. I picked up Steve Slate 4 Platinum and loaded up the Kick, Snare, Toms from the dream kit...all I have room for until I get the USB extender...but man the sounds are killer on the 2box.

The exporting is ingenious....nicely done.

Can't wait until I can load a whole bunch of kits onto the module and play around with it some more.

rpb1966

Will there ever be a mac version at all please?.

Russ

Lustar

Hi Russ, as much as I would like to please Mac users it's unlikely a Mac version will be made in the near future. The good news is that it is easy to install Windows in a virtual machine on your Mac if it has enough RAM. I'm sending you a message in case you want to try.

Lustar

SDSE 2.2.5 is now available.

It can be installed directly on top of SDSE 2.0 or higher.

What's new:

• support for the DrumForge Kontakt library kick, snare and toms.
  • fixed issue when exporting snares to .dsnd with two articulations on the rim zone - thanks to Bill for reporting the issue
  • improved check for long samples (for BFD3) - thanks to Bill for reporting the issue
  • fixed tom names for the Fairfax adpak, Hi was Lo and Lo was Hi - thanks to Jman for the tom heads up

J. Jesus

Yep,  i just sent my lunch money!  After checking out the free download.... i am addicted.

Totally supporting Lustar.  This software rocks    :rock:

Lustar

Thanks, I sent your license a few minutes ago, during lunch time ;)

Lustar

It won't work with Wine but it can run on Mac with Boot Camp (free), VirtualBox (free). Using a virtual machine has the advantage that you can keep working on your Mac while SDSE exports.

Lustar

SDSE 2.2.6 is available.

What's new:

• support for the Reggae EZX2
  • support for the Fairfax Vol 2 AD2 adpak
  • support for all Superior Drummer 2 stick types for all SDX cymbals (Brushes, Wire Brushes, Rods, Hands)
  • fixed Tom rims for the Custom & Vintage SDX

BURNIN AMBITION

thank you lustar for all your help and contribution to this community!!! you are a god (and a great friend)
2box, bengt, deve, digital drummer, Jman, Brian, Manfred thanx for everything

iola 11
http://www.facebook.com/iola11
www.reverbnation.com/iola11
https://soundcloud.com/iola11
https://twitter.com/iola11band
www.youtube.com/iola11band
www.myspace.com/iola11

Lustar

A new version of SDSE is available

SDSE 2.2.7:

• support for Kontakt 5.4.1 as a host for supported Kontakt libraries.
  • warning when a modified version of BFD3 is detected.