SDSE: export drum VSTs to .wav, .dsnd and .dkit in 1-click

Started by Lustar, November 23, 2012, 10:52:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Would you be interested in a Mac version of SDSE? (only vote if you are a Mac user)

Yes, a Mac version is a must for me
I would but I already use the Windows version on my Mac or notebook
No, free solutions like Boot Camp or VirtualBox are enough, keep the focus on supporting VSTs

Jman

Quote from: Dr.Skins on July 27, 2013, 08:21:20 PM
Or get in contact with some of the major vst makers and 2box and develop samples made exclusively for the drumit5 merge efforts ,maybe make it so you can use usb drives for storing and using the samples kinda like sound card upgrades like roland has for their modules. :animal:
None of the VST companies have done special 2Box dsnd files or kits for the 2Box module yet (and there has been plenty of communication behind the scenes). But as far as sound card upgrades like Roland ... we don't need em. Everything is already stored on an internal SDHC card in the 2Box module. Making the card accessible from outside the module is the option many of us have taken.
http://www.2box-forum.com/index.php?topic=991.0
Last time I counted I have at least 20 ea. 32GB cards for my two 2Box modules ... filled with VST drums from SD2, BFD2, Addictive drums, Steven Slate Drums, Drumasonic, along with every stock 2Box dsnd/kit already in the module or extra on the website....   that I can simply change out and use .... about 7 seconds to change cards and load all new sounds if desired. All sounds/cards backed up on the PC ..... yeah, we don't need to pay for a Roland type expansion.

Eventually the various VST companies may see it as profitable to build dsnd packs for 2Box, but personally it makes no dif to me as I can build my own in a matter of minutes from any VST pack using SDSE.
I could tell you where to stick that piezo! :D ;)
http://stealthdrums.com/

edcito

Holy crap! 20 cards? That's a lot! I just have one with my favorite 5 kits so far from SD2: Evil Drums, The Classic, Metal Mania along with 2 mixer presets :-)

Jman

Quote from: edcito on July 28, 2013, 11:01:55 AM
Holy crap! 20 cards? That's a lot! I just have one with my favorite 5 kits so far from SD2: Evil Drums, The Classic, Metal Mania along with 2 mixer presets :-)
I'm sure I could put together one card with just the Top 10 or 20 VST kits I prefer though ....  I was just emphasizing how easy it is to add or change the entire content of the module via SDHC card once the card is accessible via the external card slot. And no limit really as to how many new sounds or kits you can have. This is presently by far my favorite edrum module to date! The open sound source of the 2Box module is the best IMO .... meaning we don't have to be at the mercy of other companies to sell us new expansions.

Lustar

SDSE 1.8 is now available.

It brings support for the Native Instruments Abbey Road Drummer series, Studio Drummer and Sennheiser DrumMicA. A total of 16 new kits are supported:
  • Abbey Road 50's Drummer
  • Abbey Road 60's Drummer
  • Abbey Road 70's Drummer
  • Abbey Road 80's Drummer
  • Abbey Road Modern Drummer
  • Abbey Road Vintage Drummer
  • Studio Drummer
  • Sennheiser DrumMicA (Wahan Acrylic)
DrumMicA is free, get it here

As usual all instrument names have been checked so that your new .dsnd/.dkit files can be copied immediately to a DrumIt Five module.

The Native Instruments and DrumMicA VSTs don't include a way to select kit pieces so SDSE 1.8 features a new add-on system. If the VST requires it SDSE displays check boxes to let you select the pieces you wish to export. The Native Instruments drummer series does include alternate snares, to export them select them in the VST just like you would select a kit piece in any other supported VST.

To upgrade from 1.7 or 1.7.5:
- delete SDSE_Shrink.ini and SDSE_SD.ini from your current SDSE folder
- extract the new version in your current SDSE folder, overwrite all files (your configuration won't be overwritten)

Changelog since 1.7.5:

• support for the Native Instruments Drummer series: Abbey Road 50's, 60's, 70's, 80's, Vintage, Modern, Studio Drummer
  • support for Sennheiser DrumMicA - thanks to Jman for testing

Jman

The addition of support for Sennheiser, DrumMicA (free download) makes this a great way for 2Box owners that want to add some new VST drums and cymbals if they do not already own a VST library. Great work again Lustar! The latest version is very nice indeed. J

edcito

Cool, thanks for the update! It's worth noting that the only kit included in the drumica is a Wuhan Kit made in Germany  :patbat2box:

Dr.Skins

tower of p

Hi Lustar, thanks for the update!

Question: is there a feature to disable superior drummer´s panning automatically? I see the "nopanning.s20" file in my sdse folder, but can´t figure out how to...

thanks and best regards,
Lutz

Murgen

O dear, I keep lagging in updates. Can we agree on a 6-month cycle, you are driving me mad!  :o
--------
2Box Drumit 5 Mk2 since 2012

Lustar

Quote from: tower of p on August 14, 2013, 01:52:06 PM
Question: is there a feature to disable superior drummer´s panning automatically?
Hi tower of p, the nopanning.s20 file is not part of SDSE actually. To export without panning the best way would be to save projects in SD2 with all pannings set to center and load them before exporting. Another way is to enable the "mono" setting in SDSE.ini, it will convert the sounds to mono before converting to .dsnd and you will then be able to set the panning with the module.

tower of p

Quote from: Lustar on August 16, 2013, 09:07:26 AM
Hi tower of p, the nopanning.s20 file is not part of SDSE actually. To export without panning the best way would be to save projects in SD2 with all pannings set to center and load them before exporting. Another way is to enable the "mono" setting in SDSE.ini, it will convert the sounds to mono before converting to .dsnd and you will then be able to set the panning with the module.

Hey lustar,
thanks man, saving a preset sounds obvious, don´t know why it didn´t come to my mind. Thanks!

Dr.Skins

None of the VST companies have done special 2Box dsnd files or kits for the 2Box module yet. Jman

Drumasonic did put some dsnd files out on the 2box website, do you know if they'll put out more?
;D

logihack

Today I purchased 3 ezx packs, for just 85usd(62â,¬). I took  metal machine, rock solid and the classic. I figured it out that I like compressed sounds more, since I don't have time to mess around with the mixer, eq , etc. I also like some dsnd samples created from bfd eco. Anyone already tried to create dsnd files, from native instruments?

digitalDrummer

Quote from: Dr.Skins on August 16, 2013, 10:20:46 PM

Drumasonic did put some dsnd files out on the 2box website, do you know if they'll put out more?
;D
I know that discussions have been opened and development work has been done.