SDSE: export drum VSTs to .wav, .dsnd and .dkit in 1-click

Started by Lustar, November 23, 2012, 10:52:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Would you be interested in a Mac version of SDSE? (only vote if you are a Mac user)

Yes, a Mac version is a must for me
I would but I already use the Windows version on my Mac or notebook
No, free solutions like Boot Camp or VirtualBox are enough, keep the focus on supporting VSTs

digitalDrummer

Dr.Skins

I know Mac users are like the red headed stepchild of the computer world lol. ;D

Lustar

Running Windows on a recent Mac is really much easier than one would think, and can be done for free.

All it takes is installing Virtualbox then installing Windows in VirtualBox. Once installed your virtual Windows will start fast any time you need it because it will resume were you left off last time.

Here's how to run Windows 8 for free on your Mac:
http://www.pcworld.com/article/2016057/how-to-test-drive-windows-8-for-free-in-virtualbox.html

another guide:
http://www.guidingtech.com/6329/running-windows-7-on-mac-os-x-together-virtualbox

digitalDrummer

Quote from: Lustar on July 23, 2013, 08:58:26 PM
Running Windows on a recent Mac is really much easier than one would think, and can be done for free.

Thanks for the heads-up about running Windows on our Macs. That, however, is only part of the issue. To use SDSE, we would also have to install Reaper plus all our VSTs in Windows as well.
I understand that this is a labour of love for you and that you're trying to find solutions for the Windows-averse, but clearly a dedicated Mac app would be ideal. Of course, I'm not sure there's enough demand to warrant the investment in time and effort - so maybe any really interested potential buyers can chime in.

miha

tower of p

Quote from: digitalDrummer on July 23, 2013, 11:54:13 PM
... we would also have to install Reaper plus all our VSTs in Windows as well.

yes, but only the programs, it´s possible to share the soundbanks (in sd2 at least).

anyhow, I´ll definitely be among the first who will buy the mac version when it´s out (if so at all).

cheers,
L

Lustar

digitalDrummer, I would like to see it happen as much as you do. I would love to see many more people requesting a Mac version.

Here's a recap of the steps requireds to run SDSE on a Mac, in case more Mac users like tower of p would like to try it:
- use Boot Camp (free), or install VirtualBox (free) or install Parallels.
- install Windows - can be free if you have an old license or install the evaluation of Windows 8
- install SDSE and Reaper (needs to be installed on Windows either way)
- install your drum VSTs in Windows (it should be possible to share the sound files, tower of p did it with Superior Drummer 2)
It will take a bit of time depending on how many drum VSTs you have but it's nothing compared to the time you'll save using SDSE to export your drum sounds.

The topic poll is now "Would you be interested in a Mac version of SDSE" :)

digitalDrummer

Quote from: miha on July 24, 2013, 02:14:38 PM
I´ll be the first to buy if a Mac version is made :)
Miha, you'll be the second. My order has been in for some time!

fishmonkey

i'll buy 2 copies of the Mac version if it helps get it developed! maybe even 3!

digitalDrummer

miha

Yeah, that´s two copies for me as well, if that will make it happen. And a vote :rock:

tower of p

Quote from: Lustar on July 24, 2013, 09:21:58 PM
...or install Parallels...

Tip of the day: Don´t buy parallels immediately. It´s cheaper if you first try the evaluation version (2 weeks for free). After the evaluation period extends, you get a "special offer" email from parallels, so you can get it for about 55 â,¬ instead of 79 â,¬.

cheers,
Lutz

Dr.Skins

Dr.Skins

Or get in contact with some of the major vst makers and 2box and develop samples made exclusively for the drumit5 merge efforts ,maybe make it so you can use usb drives for storing and using the samples kinda like sound card upgrades like roland has for their modules. :animal: