SDSE: export drum VSTs to .wav, .dsnd and .dkit in 1-click

Started by Lustar, November 23, 2012, 10:52:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Would you be interested in a Mac version of SDSE? (only vote if you are a Mac user)

Yes, a Mac version is a must for me
I would but I already use the Windows version on my Mac or notebook
No, free solutions like Boot Camp or VirtualBox are enough, keep the focus on supporting VSTs

Jman

I'm still amazed with SDSE. I was just screwing around today thinking about building a variation of a kit from AD with bigger room effects. I opened up SDSE folder, started everything up and within just a few minutes I had a brand new .dsnd kit complete. Great job Lustar.
I could tell you where to stick that piezo! :D ;)
http://stealthdrums.com/

tower of p

Hi Lustar!
Would it be possible to add drumasonic 2 some day? sorry if the answer to this question has already been posted somewhere...

Also I would like to know if there is anything new on the mac-osx front? sdse works just fine with win7 installed via bootcamp, nevertheless it would be great to have it all in 1 opsys... (I would not hesitate to pay again for a mac-version).

all the best from the german coast
Lutz

Lustar

Hi,
It may be added. Don't worry, you were the first person to ask on the forum.
I'm sorry for Mac users but there are no plan for a Mac version in the immediate future. It would take a lot of time and the current priority is to add support for more VST. I'll definitely look at it though.
The next version of SDSE is coming soon :)

eyerichards

Purchased SDSE and Drumasonic 2 today as well as a brand new laptop to run it on. Talk about G.A.S. ha ha!
SDSE Support for Drumasonic 2 in the near future would be mucho appreciated Lustar.
Cheers  :rock:

Lustar

SDSE 1.6 is now available.

It is now possible to export from BFD Eco and the libraries it supports.
BFD Eco uses the same sound engine as BFD2 and is compatible with most BFD2 libraries including Zildjian Digital Vault.

SDSE 1.6 is easier to install, with steps during Installation. SDSE will also adjust and set up Reaper for you if needed.

To upgrade from a previous version:
- delete SDSE_BFD.ini from your current SDSE folder
- extract the new version in your current SDSE folder, overwrite all files (your settings are safe)

Changelog since 1.5:
  • support for BFD Eco - thanks to Jeff for letting me have a look at BFD Eco on his computer
  • easier installation with steps
  • Reaper is set up as needed when SDSE and Reaper are both open
  • the SDSE window can now be moved (useful for small screens) - thanks to Perico for the suggestion
  • "All" button: instrument names are added to the .wav filenames when "Rename .wav" is enabled ("Instrument - SNARE.wav")
  • ".dsnd" button: the instrument type can now be located anywhere in the filename ("SNARE.wav", "Instrument - SNARE.wav") - thanks to Slap the Drummer for the suggestion
  • added more checks to make sure Reaper is ready before exporting
  • improved checks before starting rendering to .wav
  • fixed issue with BFD2 cymbals not exporting

raptor

:) Thank you Lustar for getting me strait with SDSE and Eco. Having fun with the program until my Jobeky's and 2box module arrive.

Lustar

I'm glad to report that Drumasonic support is coming, very soon :)

eyerichards

Quote from: Lustar on May 05, 2013, 06:39:55 PM
I'm glad to report that Drumasonic support is coming, very soon :)

WOO HOO  ;D  Awesome Lustar ! you just made my day.
Cheers !

Lustar

SDSE 1.7 is now available.

It brings support for Drumasonic 2, Drumasonic Luxury and EZdrummer Lite.

EZdrummer Lite is free this month, make sure to pick it up on toontrack.com to get the Cocktail EZX for free!

To export from Drumasonic you will need to install Kontakt 5 or the free Kontakt 5 Player.
To avoid getting cut samples when rendering from Drumasonic, go to the Reaper Preferences (CTRL+P), scroll to Plugins/VST, check "Inform plug-ins of offline rendering state", click "Apply".

To upgrade from 1.6:
- delete SDSE_Zones.ini from your current SDSE folder
- extract the new version in your current SDSE folder, overwrite all files (your settings are safe)

Changelog since 1.6:

• support for Drumasonic 2 and Drumasonic Luxury - thanks to Jman, TK and tower of p for testing
  • support for EZdrummer Lite (all available pieces without selection)
  • support for EZX packs in SD2 when they are not in the default EZdrummer folder and not properly installed in Superior Drummer
  • when the Foot Splash articulation is missing the second to last hit is now used (previous versions used the most open).
  • improved Reaper adjustments, set Reaper to show more of the VST area.
  • fixed issue with building Hats that affected the Cocktail and Drumkit From Hell EZX
  • fix for the Snare rim sound option

Jman

Great job again Lustar! Another extremely useful version with Drumasonic support added, very useful indeed, thanks J
I could tell you where to stick that piezo! :D ;)
http://stealthdrums.com/

Noakser

Hi all,
first of all I'd like to thank Lustar for supporting my initial issues with getting Superior Drummer working right with SDSE, your level of service has been excellent! Secondly I'd like to thank you for developing this software. Now I have a question, which I don't think has been asked or answered so far, if it has apologies for repeating. I have recently purchased the 2box module, intention being to use samples converted from Superior Drummer 2 and also wav files that I have been triggering via a TD12 and SPD-S up until now. I use a variety of differnt types of pads to trigger the sounds from Roland to the old Simmons SDS9 pads (play in an 80's tribute) and use real cymbals live and Gen16s to practice. So what I want to do is when using SDSE, load up the kit pieces in SD (kick, snare and toms) and export them as a kit. Currently they export as the sounds into the relevant folders but I'm not getting a .dkit file corresponding to the files. How do I create the .dkit file for the dsnd files I create from SD? Is this something which may be included in a new release of SDSE? Again apologies if a:this has been asked already or b:it's really obvious and I'm an ass!  ;)  :rock:

raptor

I believe you you still need to select each .dsnd file for each component into a kit, then save the newly created drum kit as a complete .dkit file.

Lustar

Hi Noakser,
SDSE generates a .dkit when you export at least 3 kit pieces at once. You should find the .dkit files in the destination path, in the folder that contains the dsnd folders. They are named using the sound library short name and tom information. If you export the default kit from Avatar the filename is "SD2NY GMS Coated Heads.dkit".
Please send me a message if you don't get any .dkit file at all when you export at least 3 pieces using "All" of F1.

You can also create .dkit files without exporting to .wav or .dsnd. To generate a .dkit for any kit loaded in SD2 or another supported VST, load a kit then press F4.
This is useful when you export from different kits that share a lot of instruments when you know that you already have the .dsnd, if you used the Batch mode with BFD2 or Addictive Drums to export all pieces and need .dkit files to go with them, or if you ever need to generate those files again.

.dkit files generated by SDSE are "single kit" files, to load them in the DrumIt Five Editor you need to select "import single kit".
To load a single kit in the DrumIt Five Editor, you ned to open a kit bank first (the one that comes with the module is named DrumIt.dkit), and have all your .dsnd in the same path as this kit bank (same folder, or subfolders of the kit bank).

stickcharmer

are there a good set of instructions I can follow for this? Ive read what comes with SDSE and its not providing me results. I open SDSE, Reaper project, dsoundtool and superior drummer. When I select all, SDSE tells me there is nothing to render. Looking at reaper, it says "the following effect plugin could not be loaded: VSTi (Superior Drummer 2)." Does this mean reaper is not recognizing SD?

beppedrum

I think that's a typical path's problem
Please check the plugins path