SDSE: export drum VSTs to .wav, .dsnd and .dkit in 1-click

Started by Lustar, November 23, 2012, 10:52:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Would you be interested in a Mac version of SDSE? (only vote if you are a Mac user)

Yes, a Mac version is a must for me
I would but I already use the Windows version on my Mac or notebook
No, free solutions like Boot Camp or VirtualBox are enough, keep the focus on supporting VSTs

Lundin

Quote from: RockStarGate on November 28, 2012, 12:59:12 PM
AWESOME PROGRAM! I bought the full version last weekend, only $20, and it's simply amazing. FANTASTIC job Lustar! 5 STARS!
Anyone who's thinking about purchasing it should go for it. I converted every drum, cymbal and HiHat in Metal Foundry, Avatar and Custom & Vintage to .dsnds and even did a few full kit Sneep presets.
Lustar was extremely helpful getting everthing going for me, I had a few problems at first but he always responded to my emails FAST!
Reward Lustar for his hard work and BUY SDSE!  :rock:

Haha.. aight.. that's a response i like to see.. I got a mail from my friend Bengt ( Mr 2box) tha someone had made this program that could make a conversion.. i purchased the license before i knew what it did :D..

I have all SDX expansions and just can't wait to see what it sounds like with them in the box.

@Lustar: Great work!

roel

Does anybody have some Superior Drummer 2 DSND Samples in his 2box module now, how does it sound?

Murgen

Gonna do some work on this in my mandatory holiday break (< - IT contractor).

Luster: I have a network with a NAS as networkdrive. I assume it must be possible to run software on both iMac (my main workstation) and my PC (for Windows oriented software).
--------
2Box Drumit 5 Mk2 since 2012

RockStarGate

Quote from: roel on December 10, 2012, 05:14:41 PM
Does anybody have some Superior Drummer 2 DSND Samples in his 2box module now, how does it sound?

Every sample in my module is from Superior Drummer 2 and they sound fantastic! I couldn't be more
happy that I switched from Roland to 2box!

Lustar

Lundin: you'll need two 32GB cards to fit all those SDX! :)

roel: I was going to redirect you to this topic from Jman with a video of his first 2Box demos including SD2 kits http://www.2box-forum.com/index.php?topic=912.0 but saw that you replied to it last year :) If you were concerned about how they sound when exported using SDSE in particular they sound the same as the .dsnd we used to export manually, it's the same process only faster and easier.

Murgen: You'll need SDSE and Reaper on the same Windows computer but you should be able to save the .wav and .dsnd files directly to the NAS by setting "Path to destination files" to you network drive in SDSE.ini.

roel

Quote from: Lustar on December 10, 2012, 08:46:34 PM
Lundin: you'll need two 32GB cards to fit all those SDX! :)

roel: I was going to redirect you to this topic from Jman with a video of his first 2Box demos including SD2 kits http://www.2box-forum.com/index.php?topic=912.0 but saw that you replied to it last year :) If you were concerned about how they sound when exported using SDSE in particular they sound the same as the .dsnd we used to export manually, it's the same process only faster and easier.

Murgen: You'll need SDSE and Reaper on the same Windows computer but you should be able to save the .wav and .dsnd files directly to the NAS by setting "Path to destination files" to you network drive in SDSE.ini.

Oh yes you are right, thank you they sound fantastic! still I can use more good hihat and cymbal samples.
Are there a few good samples from Superior Drummer 2 for the hihat and cymbals? maby some of you guys will post some samples from Superiour Drummer 2 here for testing.
dsnd samples for hihat and cymbals would be great! anyway man I love my 2box set its great.
Keep on drumming guys its a fine hobby.

Lustar

About posting dsnd samples, Toontrack is kind enough to allow personal use of those samples but we're not allowed to distribute them.
Love the 2Box too :)

Lundin

Thanks Lustar for all help.
I finally got the conversion to work with the new chunky mem-setting in the Java .bat.. woohoo

I have the extender cable attached and a fast memory reader so i guess it's not necessary to have them all on the SD-card at one time.. but nice to have them converted.

roel

Quote from: Lustar on December 11, 2012, 09:38:22 PM
About posting dsnd samples, Toontrack is kind enough to allow personal use of those samples but we're not allowed to distribute them.
Love the 2Box too :)

Ok can you explain how I can convert Toontrack Superior Drummer 2 samples to 2box dsnd samples.
Iam a rookie in converting samples...

Lustar

If you have a computer with Windows you'll find that it is really easy.

You will need to install Superior Drummer 2, Reaper 4, DSoundTool 1.12 and SDSE.
Make sure to start DSoundTool using settings posted here

Here's how you would export from Superior Drummer 2 to .dsnd once you have everything set up:
- Open Reaper and load the SDSE.rpp project if it's not already loaded (File, Open Project), open DSoundTool, open SDSE.
- Enable the drum instruments you would like to export in Superior Drummer 2
- click "All" in SDSE (or press F1) then wait. When it's finished you will find your new .dsnd in the SDSE folder.

Once you have exported your first .dsnd there are a lot of settings you may be interested in changing to suit your needs, like the destination path of the newly created .dsnd. The included readme contains more details. Please contact me by email if you need more help getting started.

Murgen

This will be my Christmas project, next to installing fiber to my home.  :rock:
--------
2Box Drumit 5 Mk2 since 2012

roel

Quote from: Lustar on December 12, 2012, 08:47:36 PM
If you have a computer with Windows you'll find that it is really easy.

You will need to install Superior Drummer 2, Reaper 4, DSoundTool 1.12 and SDSE.
Make sure to start DSoundTool using settings posted here

Here's how you would export from Superior Drummer 2 to .dsnd once you have everything set up:
- Open Reaper and load the SDSE.rpp project if it's not already loaded (File, Open Project), open DSoundTool, open SDSE.
- Enable the drum instruments you would like to export in Superior Drummer 2
- click "All" in SDSE (or press F1) then wait. When it's finished you will find your new .dsnd in the SDSE folder.

Once you have exported your first .dsnd there are a lot of settings you may be interested in changing to suit your needs, like the destination path of the newly created .dsnd. The included readme contains more details. Please contact me by email if you need more help getting started.

Thank you.

Jman

I used SDSE with Addictive Drums today. I remapped the instruments in AD so all the drums, plus the ride, cowbell, HH parts, and one cymbal (I don't use the cymbals much from AD since they are only single zone)and got it working to create WAVS and subsequently dsnds. Just generic, Ride, Tom 1, etc. naming that way, but much better than doing them the manual way. I'll post more on it in a separate thread along with a link to my Reaper file/preset for those AD users who want it ... no time right now, but prolly tomorrow..... J
I could tell you where to stick that piezo! :D ;)
http://stealthdrums.com/

Lustar

That's great news Jman, it will make it possible to add full support to Addictive Drums in SDSE :)

Jman

I also did similar with Steven Slate Drums 4 a full kit of WAVS, all drums and all cymbals except the Hi hat .... then converted to dsnds ... came out fine. Hi Hat....  that would require a bit more remapping. But for the most part AD and SSD4 will work this way. And the dsnds come out fine.
I could tell you where to stick that piezo! :D ;)
http://stealthdrums.com/