News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

new E-kits in 2010

Started by roel, December 05, 2009, 02:42:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

roel

Is there more information about a new yamaha e-kit and the new pearl E-kit pro?

wbrs

I think there is something new from yamaha showing at the winter namm maybe more expensive than the td20. Should be interesting. Can't find anything yet on the Pearl ekit.  I think 2box has shook things up.

airdrummer

Hi everybody

I've just heard somethig about yamaha for the end of december. Probably a new e-kit with new rubber skins instead of their actual pads...
i've heard that from a musik store...

Let's wait..

roel

Quote from: airdrummer on December 05, 2009, 06:15:10 PM
Hi everybody

I've just heard somethig about yamaha for the end of december. Probably a new e-kit with new rubber skins instead of their actual pads...

Let's wait..

why not meshheads? instead of rubber.

hwasser

Quote from: roel on December 05, 2009, 11:11:41 PM

I was thinking the same thing. The rubberpads is a bit 90th century by now! =/

wbrs

I think people keep getting the rubber heads mixed up with the rubber pads. Rubber heads is more of a new thing and may have a better responce.

roel

Quote from: wbrs on December 06, 2009, 03:05:28 PM
I think people keep getting the rubber heads mixed up with the rubber pads. Rubber heads is more of a new thing and may have a better responce.

Then yamaha can better concentrate on completely new pads, just like the 2box pads.
let the user choose between rubber, mesh or a real head.
I think it is better than just a rubber pad. But what's up with yamaha, will they come with a
new e-kit or are they just upgrading their pads? is there any news about that?

and iam curious about the pearl e-pro live...

wbrs

Yes I agree the more options with the heads the better like 2box. Yamaha pads are thier biggest drawback. It would take alot more than better pads to compete with 2box. 

wbrs

We will have to wait till namm to get more on the pearl ekit too I think. But they arn't in as good of a position as yamaha to make a move that would put them in the lead. I do think it has become as race to the top. I think 2 box will fill my needs. I'm not thrilled with The orange and the little pads, but they will be just for the studio. Now I can't say definitly because I haven't seen these new kits and 2box hasn't been able to offer their product to me with all the bugs worked out where I could demo it. If they had been able to I probably would already have bought it.

roel

Quote from: wbrs on December 06, 2009, 08:24:20 PM
We will have to wait till namm to get more on the pearl ekit too I think. But they arn't in as good of a position as yamaha to make a move that would put them in the lead. I do think it has become as race to the top. I think 2 box will fill my needs. I'm not thrilled with The orange and the little pads, but they will be just for the studio. Now I can't say definitly because I haven't seen these new kits and 2box hasn't been able to offer their product to me with all the bugs worked out where I could demo it. If they had been able to I probably would already have bought it.

yeah me also.

puttenvr

A quote on the PearlDrummersForum from the official rep.

it's not what you think it is ...

HM

Quote from: roel on December 05, 2009, 11:11:41 PM
Actually I think the Yamaha rubber pads feel more like real drums than any mesh heads. Mesh heads have a bit too much rebound to my taste. Real drums don't behave that way. I'm looking forward to try the 2box rubber heads when they are available.

puttenvr

You can decrease the rebound by tighten them up very high
but - yes- i want to try those rubber heads, too

roel

Quote from: airdrummer on December 05, 2009, 06:15:10 PM
Hi everybody

Let's wait..

I still don't get it...

wbrs

If they are going with the rubber heads they would probably use their regular shells instead of pads is my guess. There's definitly a market for it. It wouldn't take that much  to upgrade their module to use high quality samples like 2box. That would put them in the lead because of the real drum look as long as you could load other samples. That would be hard for other edrum companies to over come because yamaha makes all this kind of stuff seperatly already. I think 2box will have it's own nitch in the market, alot of you guy's actually like  those little orange pads and it appears they're going to sound and play great.