News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

pearl trutrac heads

Started by Funkstation777, September 01, 2012, 09:46:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Funkstation777

Just wanted to ask if someone here has experience with the pearl tru trac bassdrum-trigger by using the 2box module. Got one, but i don't get any trigger signal into my drumit5-module. Any help is appreciated.

Andy from red bull-country

digitalDrummer

If you can return the trutrac head and replace it for an external trigger like a ddrum redshot, you'll have sure-fire solution that works. I don't think the trutrack will work with 2box.

Funkstation777

I jist got the bassdrum head from pearl because with ddrum-triggers we always had problems with double-triggers (my drummer is using a 22'' bassdrum)from the technical side why do you think the trutrac won't work ?

Funkstation777

;D
just want to share my further experience with the Pearl Tru-Trac Pad. After installing the non-screw plug of the set, everything works like a charm.

It's by far the best "non-2box Bassdrum-Trigger" I have ever used. My drummer said, the feeling is outstanding and you have a little "natural sounding" bassdrumsound in addition to the triggered sound.

So, if you want your bassdrum dead-silent - leave your fingers from the Tru-Trac. But if you want a real bassdrum triggered and significantly more silent than in original with an extended "Feedback" and great
triggering by using the 2box module - it's a "Must Have"!
Absolutely recommended!

Cheers,
Andy from Red Bull Country

digitalDrummer

So you're using it with a 2box module? Did you have to tweak the trigger settings at all?

Funkstation777

Nope! Ithink I just turned the Treshold down, that's all I did. Lot's of dynamic. I love it.

Triggersettings: Kick1, Gain 24, Treshold -19, Crosstalk 0

To be honest, it was even harder to dial in the right settings, when my former drummer was using
the original 2box-kit.

By the way: my drummer is using wooden heads on the kickdrum-pedals, maybe they have a little more
"Impact" than the felt-heads.

Cheers,
Andy from Red Bull Country

Rider

wow thats a lot of gain i use 8 and threshold in 39 , diferent playing difeferent settings i guess

Murgen

Trutrac issue is that the rim is not on piezo but on a switch.

There is a compatibility list out for DM10. Onfortunately 2Box is not on it.

http://www.hellfiredrums.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/DM10-compatibility.pdf
--------
2Box Drumit 5 Mk2 since 2012