Author Topic: SDHC 2Box 32GB Card Mod Kit for Drumit Five and Drumit Three Plug n Play ready  (Read 17130 times)

welshsteve

• View Profile
Re: SDHC Card Extender Cable Plus 32GB 2Box Card Plug n Play ready
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2017, 12:20:28 AM »
The 32gig mod is the best thing I have done with this module. No more shifting about space (32 Gig is PLENTY for even a lot massive files) and exchanging no longer I need to dick about with having the module being to hand and connected to the Mac with a USB cable, just take the card. Not only that, transferring is MASSIVELY sped up. I was weary of the boot time being increased but I doesn't seem like it's even a second longer than with the 4gb internal card.

Jman

• Administrator
  • D5 modules SN: 00197 and 02207 D3 module SN 00009
    • View Profile
    • Stealth Drums
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2017, 12:30:51 AM »
The 32gig mod is the best thing I have done with this module. No more shifting about space (32 Gig is PLENTY for even a lot massive files) and exchanging no longer I need to dick about with having the module being to hand and connected to the Mac with a USB cable, just take the card. Not only that, transferring is MASSIVELY sped up. I was weary of the boot time being increased but I doesn't seem like it's even a second longer than with the 4gb internal card.
Glad you like! I couldn't agree more. I've been running the card mod on my modules since 2011 and have felt the same, best thing I did for the module. J
I could tell you where to stick that piezo! :D ;)

MatthiasFrommann

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2017, 05:33:40 PM »
Hey Jman, do you ship to Germany?

Jman

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Stealth Drums
« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2017, 05:40:09 PM »
Hey Jman, do you ship to Germany?
Hi, yes I ship worldwide. I sent you a PM .... check your inbox. J

Jman

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Stealth Drums
I now have an add-on instruction zip file for installing the 32GB Card Mod Kit for the Drumit Three. Like the Stealth Card Mod for the Drumit Five, there is about 4 times more content right when you plug n play the new card. Almost 16GB of content compared to under 4GB of content on the original module. And plenty of room to add more. I include all this so you instantly have a huge library of new sounds. But if you want to start with a card with minimal content you can easily remove and replace content. Be aware that this mod is something you do ..... AT OWN RISK. J

Jman

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Stealth Drums
I still have plenty of stock on the Stealth 2Box 32GB mod kits. Every card and extender is tested and verified plug n play ready. You just do the simple mod, plug in and go. These have the latest OS, and all the newest kits and sounds, which amounts to about 3GB more sounds already than you can fit on the stock module.... with lots of gigabytes of open card space for adding more.
Now .... Additionally, if you want, I will add the new eNerd kits to the card as detailed here: http://endre-enerd.com/index.php/tech-info/sounds I have also added all the extra new kits sounds from the Drumit Three to the Drumit Five! ..... And Vice Versa ..... All the 2Box sounds that are available on both modules plus the net are on the card.
That gives the card a total of about 16GB of kits and sounds just to start on either module. The new kits reside on the card in alphabetical order after the 100 original 2box kits on the module.
Just send me a PM or email if interested, let me know if you are in the US, or where you are located. J

paolob

• View Profile
Hi jman, I saw that the new os 1.32 came out.

I have a question, with your change, how do I upgrade?
Is it enough to copy the two files (DrumItOS1.32.0.bin and globalconfig.dcfg) to the 32 GB SD card?
Is the update done automatically or do I have to do something special?

Thanks if you can answer me

Paolo  :animal:

paulf707

• View Profile
Yep - that's all you need to do. The Drumit automatically loads the latest OS (and I think there's a button you can press on boot up to allow you to select an older one if you need to - but you can just delete the OS from the card anyway).

I renamed the old dcfg file 'just in case' - but you could just overwrite it.....

Jman

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Stealth Drums
Hi jman, I saw that the new os 1.32 came out.

I have a question, with your change, how do I upgrade?
Is it enough to copy the two files (DrumItOS1.32.0.bin and globalconfig.dcfg) to the 32 GB SD card?
Is the update done automatically or do I have to do something special?

Thanks if you can answer me

Paolo  :animal:
As paulf707 mentioned you can just put the two files on the card. Note that those files have to go to the Root of the card otherwise they will probably not be seen. FYI though, it is always a good idea to keep a backup of all your previous module or card before doing updates .... First thing I always do is back up the entire content of the module/card ..... That is the best practice ..... plenty of 2Box owners have found out the hard way after messing things up that it is really good to have a backup.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2018, 04:48:35 AM by Jman »

Jman

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Stealth Drums
Just for everyone's info. All Stealth 2Box card mod kits always come with the latest 2Box OS .... so any Stealth Drumit Five Card Mod kit that has shipped since the official update release does have that new OS. I have actually been running the beta of that new OS for several months, but was not authorized to release it until it was final. J

paolob

• View Profile
Thank you for your always very comprehensive answers. You are really myths

:rock:

ANGR77

• 2Box, have got my hands on unit 211
    • View Profile
    • Zourman.com
Hi!
Just quick a note...please backup your globalconfig.dcfg before upgrading. This file includes your trigger settings and will work directly with 1.32 if coming from 1.3x version.

If just replacing the current dcfg on the card file with the included in the 1.32 bios...your trigger settings will be lost.

So it seems like just copy the drumitos1320.bin file to the SD card is enough. (Also mentioned in the manual)

Best regards

Anders / www.zourman.com
Sonor Force Stage 2007 + Safari, Quartz Triggers, Roland & Triggera, 2box Cymbals & HH, RT-10, KT-10, BT-1, VH-11/12/13, KT-10, CY-12/14C/13R/15R, MegaDRUM, 2Box 5 & 3, DD4SE, Pearl ButtKicker Addictive Drums 2.1.7, all ADPaks moved to 2box(SDSE) Zourman Conversion Gears www.zourman.com

paulf707

• View Profile
Thanks Anders!
I assumed the trigger settings were in the dkit file - that's good to know....

paolob

• View Profile
Excuse my ignorance ... So the steps to do are these?

- Save the globalconfig.dcfg file that I have on the SD in a PC folder
- Copy the two downloaded files DrumItOS1.32.0.bin and globalconfig.dcfg into the SD card
- Replace the globalconfig.dcfg file that I had previously saved in the SD card

It's right ? Or is the procedure to be done another?