News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

2box + superior drummer + Mac + Hammer?

Started by lee_whitehead, June 25, 2012, 05:30:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lee_whitehead

BOOM!!! got it working... bloody thing, the in/out cables are labelled wrong on the blooming cable in the first place... I switched them before, but obviously missed something, did it all again and it worked!

thanks for all you help guys, well pleased now  ;D

Jman

Quote from: lee_whitehead on July 01, 2012, 07:43:15 PM
BOOM!!! got it working... bloody thing, the in/out cables are labelled wrong on the blooming cable in the first place... I switched them before, but obviously missed something, did it all again and it worked!

thanks for all you help guys, well pleased now  ;D
Takes about 2 seconds to reverse those 2 cables but a world of frustration leading up to discovering the problem  :'( glad you got it figured out and working.
I could tell you where to stick that piezo! :D ;)
http://stealthdrums.com/

fishmonkey

ha, that's a classic mistake. MIDI cables can do your head in like that, as you never quite know if an "IN" label near the plug means in to the USB-MIDI device or in to the piece of equipment or in to the computer...

lee_whitehead

I think someone should make a sticky about midi-usb cables because it appears to be a common issue (I ran a big search over the weekend on my problem and loads of people have issues with it) - on the back of my 2box the in on the unit has an Out cable in it, and the Out cable has an IN cable in it, yet the machine is happy... logical huh?  :o

fishmonkey

yeah, it's bad labelling. they should write "IN TO COMPUTER" and "OUT FROM COMPUTER" on the cables.