News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Hi hat rim shot triggering foot chick

Started by SHwoKing, June 23, 2012, 03:03:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHwoKing

Recently, i'm starting to hear some annoying foot chick sound while hitting the edge of the 2Box Hi hats.
It happens more and more now. I have checked it on the unit page Hi hat calibration and it triggers the zone 9 (chick sound) indeed instead of constantly triggering zone 8 (edge sound).

I tried recalibrate, change the cable and rotate the Hi hats and I still have the same problem.

Seems like i'm good to call my retailer for some after sale.  :-[

It sucks cause that is the ONLY 2Box hardware I'm using now except for the module and that is the first one to drop after 3 months.

Manfred

Hi,

footsplash is always detected when there is a fast down-movement of the hihat. So take a look at your hihat while you are playing. I guess it is moving down with every stroke. Maybe you can change the tension of the spring at your hihat to avoid footsplashes.

Regards, Manfred

SHwoKing

You're maybe right. I'll check the Hi hat stand today and see if everything is in place and that nothing is making the cymbal going done while hit on the edge.

I really want to keep this one as is as I really like the 360° detection and sensitive edge trigger.

fishmonkey

what kind of hihat stand/pedal are you using?

SHwoKing

Quote from: fishmonkey on June 24, 2012, 10:16:56 AM
what kind of hihat stand/pedal are you using?

I'm using a Gibraltar 9607NL-LD attached to a rack :

SHwoKing

After checking the Hi hat stand : nothing wrong with it. It does not move an inch.

My problem is now a major one as edge shot trigger zone 9 almost all the time now when the Hi hat is closed. And when i mean zone 9, this not zone 8 & 9 together but 0.0 db zone 9 alone. Something i can barely achieve if I strongly stomp the Hi hat pedal with the setting I have.

fishmonkey

nice stand, i've got one of those too.

sorry to say it sounds like your hihat sensor unit is faulty. if it's out of warranty i'd open it up and see if there is any obvious problems with the wiring inside.

i've never opened mine up so i don't know what's in there. Manfred is your man on that front.

SHwoKing

Quote from: fishmonkey on June 24, 2012, 01:50:15 PM
nice stand, i've got one of those too.

sorry to say it sounds like your hihat sensor unit is faulty. if it's out of warranty i'd open it up and see if there is any obvious problems with the wiring inside.

i've never opened mine up so i don't know what's in there. Manfred is your man on that front.

Fortunately it is still under warranty. I've bought it from Thomann to benefit of their 3 years warranty cause I was not confident in the hardware. Guess I was right.