News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

assign other sounds to bells and bow and edges

Started by Rider, June 11, 2012, 09:15:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rider

Hi guys!! got my kit a few days ago and im really thrilled!!!

i can't seem to find where to change the separate sounds for a cymbal pad, i get a full change with 3 zones or 2 depending on the sample.

Maybe it has something to do with the part that goes SOUND + + + but i haven't figured out yet

thx !!!

Jman

Quote from: Rider on June 11, 2012, 09:15:48 PM
Hi guys!! got my kit a few days ago and im really thrilled!!!

i can't seem to find where to change the separate sounds for a cymbal pad, i get a full change with 3 zones or 2 depending on the sample.

Maybe it has something to do with the part that goes SOUND + + + but i haven't figured out yet

thx !!!

Each dsnd for crashes or rides contains Bow, Bell, and Edge sounds, or,  as you say, some only have 2 sounds. But you can't just choose different sounds for each zone .... it's a done deal. You can switch things around for different cymbal types, like if you were using a non 2Box Piezo/Switch crash cymbal and you don't want a bell sound you can choose CY-Edg or if using a cymbal with a Bell switch you could choose CY-cup .... But just choosing different bell, bow or edge sounds independently isn't an option. You can build your own dsnds though with whatever sounds you like.

You can also take dsnds apart using DsoundTool. It is very easy to split an existing 2Box dsnd for example. That will split out a crash or ride to 3 folders with Bell, Bow, Edge  .... so you could take a bell from one cymbal and build a new one combining bows, bells, edges from different dsnds...
It really amazing how easy that tool is to use, it only takes a matter of a couple minutes to assemble dsnds like that ...
I could tell you where to stick that piezo! :D ;)
http://stealthdrums.com/

Rider

I was afraid of that!!!

thx for the explanatory jerry ,helping as usual. Levels ( volume ) of each dnsds can be changed too??? because the volume of the bell on the factory samples its a joke!!!

guess ill download that prog and find out what can be improved.

Also i dont like the way the 2box cymbals trigger so u'll be hearing from me soon once i recover from this expenses

Jman

Quote from: Rider on June 12, 2012, 03:34:36 AM
I was afraid of that!!!

thx for the explanatory jerry ,helping as usual. Levels ( volume ) of each dnsds can be changed too??? because the volume of the bell on the factory samples its a joke!!!

guess ill download that prog and find out what can be improved.

Also i dont like the way the 2box cymbals trigger so u'll be hearing from me soon once i recover from this expenses
Yes, you can adjust the levels independently in DsoundTool, and then save it that way. You might also want to set the level of the Bell/cup to H in your module in the Unit settings if it is not set to that, if you like a strong bell hit. This is how you set up your cymbal if you haven't done this:
from the manual
GAIN should be set so only a hard hit gives full trig level (0 dB).
The maximum gain is 24 dB. From 12 dB and upwards, the
threshold is increased to avoid stray triggering.
When the TYPE is Cym12 or 14, the GAIN parameter has an extra
cup value selectable between Low, Medium or High. First turn GAIN
so only hard hits on the bow give full level on zone 4. Then click
GAIN so only hard cup hits give full level on zone 1. (Note: only
relatively hard cup hits result in zone 1, otherwise zone 4.)
I could tell you where to stick that piezo! :D ;)
http://stealthdrums.com/

Rider

Thx jerry , i did a little tweaking last night and things got better , will try and make em more with those settings!!

now i only need to know how to change the sounds of the rim without affecting the tom , so far i can only send the sound to the cymbals bus and select between pad or kick trigger types ( im splitting the toms ) but the selection of sounds its the same as the cymbals i can't choose where to put the sound i want in each zone