News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

HiHat Protection-Rim

Started by Drama, May 19, 2012, 12:39:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drama

As it is on the Crash-Pads the HiHat needs a Rim-Protection too. After playing the 2Box one Month the first Pad is gone  :(

Haggis-man

I'm wondering if there are different versions of the hi hat rubber?

I have no protection on mine, but the rubber is pretty thick. I also play my kit everyday for at least an hour and I've had the kit 6 months. My hi hat still looks brand new and there are no marks or signs of wear at all. I also batter the crap out of the hi hat at times too.

Same goes for the rest of the kit. And it still looks pristine.

Cheers

Murgen

Maybe the hight of the hats make a difference. I used to be a lumberjack when my hats were positioned higher then I do now. The higher the hats the more you hit the neck of the stick on the sharp edge of the hat ... I hope this makes sense cause it is rough translation of my Dutch thoughts on this subject.
--------
2Box Drumit 5 Mk2 since 2012

SHwoKing

Playing mine fr 3 months and no problem too. I tend to rotate it time to time and I'm not a very hard hitter too.

I agree, Hi Hat height is crucial to prevent some early wear.

Manfred

Hi,

i also think that an edge protection helps. The really old cymbals had it and the new ones have it again. There is another thread about the edge protection. Not sure if you saw that:

http://www.2box-forum.com/index.php/topic,1155.0.html

Regards, Manfred

Murgen

Thomann send me a 14 inch protection-rim for the cymbal. I cut it and made it fit on my hihat. No need to glue or melt the parts together, the rubber cover will keep the rim in place.

Now I have 14 cm left which I can use to find a second source for this. But I must say that Thomann is well stocked for 2Box at the moment.
--------

roel

Quote from: Murgen on August 29, 2012, 04:09:07 PM
Thomann send me a 14 inch protection-rim for the cymbal. I cut it and made it fit on my hihat. No need to glue or melt the parts together, the rubber cover will keep the rim in place.

Now I have 14 cm left which I can use to find a second source for this. But I must say that Thomann is well stocked for 2Box at the moment.

How does that protection-rim looks like? do you have a picture?

orly

I send an email to Thomann two days ago about the rim protection but I have no answer for the moment.

Murgen

Send your mail to Dominik Schödel, Drums & Percussion, drums@thomann.de. It took them 2 days to forward my mail to Dominik.

Untitled by murgentemplar, on Flickr

Untitled by murgentemplar, on Flickr

What Thomann will send you is a 14-inch piece with the ends connected (by heat). I cut mine and tailor-made it on the hihat 12-inch rim and cut the remaining 2 inch off.

I do not notice any difference in playing the hihat but back in my head it is a comfort the edge is protected and the rubber might last longer now. My kit is in a drumcabine without windows, as a result UV has no influence whatsoever on the rubber.  :animal:
--------

orly

Finally I had a reply from Thomann, they can ship 14 inch protection rim but you have to pay for it.
I think i am gonna take 3 of them : one for each cymbals.

Murgen

Quote from: orly on September 29, 2012, 11:09:18 AM
Finally I had a reply from Thomann, they can ship 14 inch protection rim but you have to pay for it.
I think i am gonna take 3 of them : one for each cymbals.

3 euro's (also bought a cymbal from them).
--------