News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Preparing for a GIG, my new Rack!

Started by boekhour, May 05, 2012, 08:47:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Murgen

Hoe bevallen 2 kicks t.o.v. double bass-pedal?

To continue in English, a second kick only costs 259 EUR at Thomann (I do have a spare single bass-pedal) where the double-bass pedal I'm looking for range between 350 and 660 EUR (Pearl Demon with the orange looks best on the 2-Box ;)  ).

So, a second kick is a serious option. How did you connected it to the Brain? As a tom are different?
--------
2Box Drumit 5 Mk2 since 2012

boekhour

If you are short of connections, just connect it with the brain and tom using an y cable like:
http://www.drum-tec.de/tmcable-ypp117-p-271.html

The rim of the tom could be your second basedrum...  :). As you can see with my new setup I have lot's of room for a second kick, but I already owned a double kickpedal. But when a clean start was an option a would have bought a second kickpad instead of a double-kickpedal.

roel

Hello Guys,

The easy way is to split your kick input with a Hosa 118 Y-Cable 1x 1/4 stereo to 2x 1/4 stereo that's the easiest way you don't have to split your rim because you will lose the rim function of the tom and that is not what you want.
Use the rim function from a tom for normal use or splitting the rim to add an extra cymbal.
It's easy because the Kick input doesn't have a rim fuction but only 1 stereo input.

see this picture below that's the splitter that I use:

http://www.rubbermonkey.com.au/Music-Pro-Audio/Cables-Adaptors-Power/Converters-Adaptors/Hosa-YPP-118-1%604-Splitter-Cable

I play now with 2x DW5000 Single Pedals It does not only look better it works very well.

Greetings,
Roel.

Murgen

Quote from: roel on June 09, 2012, 10:15:04 AM
Hello Guys,

The easy way is to split your kick input with a Hosa 118 Y-Cable 1x 1/4 stereo to 2x 1/4 stereo that's the easiest way you don't have to split your rim because you will lose the rim function of the tom and that is not what you want.
Use the rim function from a tom for normal use or splitting the rim to add an extra cymbal.
It's easy because the Kick input doesn't have a rim fuction but only 1 stereo input.

see this picture below that's the splitter that I use:

http://www.rubbermonkey.com.au/Music-Pro-Audio/Cables-Adaptors-Power/Converters-Adaptors/Hosa-YPP-118-1%604-Splitter-Cable

I play now with 2x DW5000 Single Pedals It does not only look better it works very well.

Greetings,
Roel.

So, 2 kicks on the kick-connector ... Brilliant. (Saturday, my brain runs on half power  ::) )
--------
2Box Drumit 5 Mk2 since 2012

edtc

Quote from: Murgen on June 09, 2012, 10:55:24 AM
So, 2 kicks on the kick-connector ... Brilliant. (Saturday, my brain runs on half power  ::) )

yes you can do this , but be carfull , the input jack is a TRS ( stereo) but only TIP/SLEEVE is connected to the bass drum input ....  RING/SLEEVE carries 18V for the led ( present in MK1 serie) ...

so you will need to splitt TIP/SLEEVE ....

boekhour

Quote from: roel on June 09, 2012, 10:15:04 AM

Thats what I use in the setup.