News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Neil Peart kit for BFD2

Started by Haggis-man, April 17, 2012, 07:46:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jman

Quote from: 10keven on August 06, 2012, 12:55:39 AM
I imagine by now you have some amazing sounds Jerry.. Its a shame that we cant share what we create. I have BFD and have created a  good snare thanks to Brians tutorials but im not so much a tinkererer..  I struggle with understanding the macro rather than the big picture.

I would sooner pay for a good selection of 2Box snares or Bass drums created on BFD.. Its just me personally... Im waiting for  someone to sell me some..Im sure 2Box are due to put some more on their site. I do admire your and Brians ability though..

Honestly Kev, the dsnds I built when I first started doing this are still as good as most I have done lately. I was mainly recording default drums and cymbals at first, but the thing is those default sounds are very good for the most part.

It would be nice if there were a kit share program, even if we had to upload dsnds/kits to Fxpansion, or Toontrack, where they could make it available to others that own 2Box and the same VST program. But I don't expect that to happen...... concern over loss of intellectual property, etc.... J
I could tell you where to stick that piezo! :D ;)
http://stealthdrums.com/

Haggis-man

Now I think people are just looking at the process in the wrong way. They see it as a chore.. a burden.. something to give the 2box negative connotations... IMO quite the contrary.. If ROland had a proper software editor that allowed you the create from scratch and give you access to reverbs, mic placements, MFX etc.. all on screen... Everyone on the ROland site would say.. WOW what a great piece of software.. allows us to create stuff from nothing or work on existing stuff and then PORT it to my TD30 to play it live...

I couldn't agree with you more Kev, I really enjoy the process of creating new sounds and like Jerry I go back and fiddle with the sounds on a regular basis to see what I can come up with. I love it!

10keven

You guys have infinite patience.. the pursuit of a goal and to break a process down, refine it and use it to produce what I imagine is some amazing kits..

Like you mentioned Jerry, there can be no central pool of sounds to share like football cards.. Ill swap you this snare for that rack of toms you created lol..

The bottom line is simple if not without its heartache for me.. Im simply going to have to create my own sounds if im to get the most out oboth the BFD I;ve bought AND the 2Box module.. there will be tears im sure.. maybe the odd tantrum but ehwn im at church playing a kit ive created then Ill feel so much better..

Right, where did I save those videos on you tube lol.