News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

ddrum 4 se samples convert to 2box samples

Started by roel, November 06, 2009, 04:17:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

roel

So I've heard that it is possible in the future to convert the old ddrum 4 se samples to 2box samples.what's up with has anybody more information about that?

puttenvr

Where did you hear that?
And why would you? The 2box sounds are so much better.
And I don't think the 2Box people will put effort in this. ddrum also was sold, so perhaps they even don't have the copyright

TrommelTheo

would be good, to get the DDrum-Samples as Wave-Files to load them in other VST-Instruments like SuperDrumFX

Theo

roel

Quote from: puttenvr on November 18, 2009, 08:47:44 PM
Where did you hear that?
And why would you? The 2box sounds are so much better.
And I don't think the 2Box people will put effort in this. ddrum also was sold, so perhaps they even don't have the copyright

why,because I Realy like the mp3 files i' ve heard on the clavia site I think the ddrum 4 se signature sounds great!
not a lot different to the 2box samples If you ask me...

Steve

yeah 8bit ddrum samples are not all that bad - I have the complete library and would put a few in the 2box for sure.

UC

I've got my DD4 and 2box blended together into a mutant superbeast, but I've got to say, the difference in bit depth is really noticeable with them back to back, as is the stereo presence - I think realistically I'm probably only going to use the DDrum for triggering BFD2 from here on in...

TrommelTheo

So DDrum is Dead, why isnĀ“t it possible to open the secret about the .mid-Files of DDrum, where can i get the Programm to convert wave-Samples to DDrum.mid-Files?

Theo

puttenvr

ddrum is not dead. They (let other companies) manufact acoustic and electronic drums.
Perhaps Clavia not only sold the ddrum name to Armadillo but also the lisences for their equipment and samples. We will never know

Kyrrinstoch

I looked into this a while back myself. At that time, Clavia was still using the same proprietary compressed format for some of their keyboards that the ddrum4 used. Because of that, they would not release the specs for the file format or the compression algorithm(s) they used.

That being said though, since the guys at 2Box have the history with Clavia that they do, they might be able to get permission to convert the sounds over to a compatible 2Box format, or possibly even gain access to the original recording samples to rebuild the sounds.

Either way, it'd be a lot of work and it sounds like Bengt and crew already have their hands plenty full making sure the product lives up to what they want it to be.