News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Brain / module screw thread size

Started by smet, March 29, 2012, 07:56:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

smet

Hi everyone, I've been trawling everywhere but cannot discover the length or thread size of the screws to attach my 2Box Drumit brain to its holder. The picture I saw on one post looked like short snare drum lug screws, but does anyone know the exact length / thread sizes? Thanks!

smet

I answered my own question. Just buy a pack of Pearl (or equivalent) short (about 10mm thread length) tension bolts.

edtc

thanx for posting....

by the way , too bad that the gap between the screws isnt the same than Roland or Yamaha modules ....  ok there is no standard , but compatibility is cool sometimes ...

digitalDrummer

Quote from: edtc on April 03, 2012, 11:05:20 PM
, too bad that the gap between the screws isnt the same than Roland or Yamaha modules ...
Hence the invention of the drill!

ROB219

Standard M6 thread for the record... seeing as no one actually answered the question.

Drumaster

Hello guys,

Could you post a link for these standard M6 lugs? I could not find some under this reference in France and I'd like to fix my 2Box module as well.

Thanks!

edtc

Quote from: Drumaster on May 17, 2012, 01:38:32 PM
Hello guys,

Could you post a link for these standard M6 lugs? I could not find some under this reference in France and I'd like to fix my 2Box module as well.

Thanks!

M6 is a metric type so you ll find some easily in France ....  I guess Roland ones meets the american standard , so dont fit in our "european" module....

http://www.conex-online.com/vis-m6-noire-a-tete-fendue-l-16mm,fr,4,VIS-M616-TF.cfm

go to Mr Bricolage or Leroy Merlin , and just be carefull to take short screws ... if too long you could damage the electronic board inside ...

Dont know what size is better , but it s written somewhere here or on 2box website ....

2BOX .... le changement c est maintenant ?   ;)

Drumaster

Yes c'est maintenant. :)

Ok, donc M6 c'est le diamètre en fait (6mm) et les 2 chiffres d'après la longueur (16mm pour M616 par exemple), merci edtc !

Drumaster

Hello,

Great, I bought some M616 and it fits great, thanks!

badenwrens

I bought some M6X16 and they don't fit! Too wide. They also look far longer than required. Any other recommendations please?

Cheers,
Ben.