News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

click track / Backtrack how?

Started by Slonken, March 23, 2012, 03:45:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slonken

hello : )

Just got my drumit5, and I love it!

Our band uses a backing track and click track combined into 1 stereo file - click on right, main backing track on left. So I need to send the left channel on its own to the main desk, while I hear both channels in the phones)

ore can i add just the backtrack without the click track and use the metronome from the 2box module?

Is it possible?

Thanks guys

edtc

hi

IMO it s not possible to sync the metronome with a wav file ... so forget that

found this on the 1.24 manual for assigning clic to output...

http://www.2box.se/download/pdf/User_Manual_OS_1.24.pdf

Kit-Accompaniment (wave file)

FILE
selects a wave file. All files are shown irrespective of the folder
they are in. If the referenced wave file doesn't exist, there will be a ?
mark instead of a file number. Click to select the left chan as the
music and the right chan as the click track (or vice versa depending
on the way the wave file is recorded). This enables having both
music and click in the mix (eg. to the phones) and just the music on
the submix (eg. to the line output).

Slonken

yeah i saw that too and i tried it but i couldn't get it to work, can you explain more simple how to do this?

thanks for the help!! ;D

edtc

in Unit-Output you can assign witch jack output are for the "SUB" bus ...   those will be the outs where the backing track is without clic .... 

In the "MIX" bus , you will have the backing track and the clic .... so you have to assign MIX to the phones out ...

Slonken

hi again! i have tried to do the settings but its still  metronome in the background. should i lower the click in the track? do you think the click is to high so the module can't gate all the click?

i really need help with this. i have tried all stuff with the unit output meny......

rcprod

I use wave files through my 2Box and have bass and keys coming into the band's mixer and I can hear the click and instruments on my headphones. When I record these wave files the click is 100 % in the right channel and any instrument tracks are 100% in the left channel.

To use one of your created wave files to achieve the above:

1- press the "Unit" button and then the "Page Down" button until you get to the "Out" menu.
2- Press the top right button until it says "Sub" under the "Out 1/2" heading.
3- Use the lower middle dial to setup the lower Sub menu. Press this dial to turn off an output option and turn the dial to take you to the next possible output option. Turn off each of the output options except for the fourth one which is the curved line that represents the wave out.
4- Turn the bottom right dial to select "Mix".
5- Press the "Page Up" button until you get to the top menu and then press the top left button to save your changes.   
6- press the "Kit" button and turn the bottom left dial to select which kit you want to use.
7- press the "Page Down" button until you get to the last menu.
8- select the wave file that you would like to use by turning the bottom left hand dial.
(select a wave file that you have previously loaded into the 2Box module)
9- press the same dial to have the click come out of the the right channel and the instruments you have recorded out of the left channel. (If you press this dial again you can have the click out of the left  channel and music out of the right channel if this was how your wave file was recorded.) Press the "Page Up " button until you get to the top menu and then save your kit settings by pressing the top left button two times.
10- run a cable out of channel 1 to your mixer and you will hear your instrument tracks without any click sound when you press the top right button to "Play".
11- Plug in your headphones into the headphone jack to hear the track with the click you recorded.
12- You could also run the click to your mixer by running a cable out of channel two and into your mixer. This would be useful if the rest of the band wants to hear the click. (I do not do this.)

I am sure there are other ways to achieve this but this setup works for me.

Cheers.   

wils

Guys I know this is an age old thread but my spdsx had just expired and I've loaded wav backing tracks into my 2box as described. Change home tonight to try and when I press play song it does for a few seconds then goes into another song!! Any suggestions
Cheers

welshsteve

hmmmm, that's a new one. Do any of the stock songs in the module (if you still have them) do this also?
My Hovercraft is full of Eels!

Deve Loper

Hi. Probably the left encoder is a bit worn out and gives spurious changes.
While playing a song on the KIT-ACMP page,  and choosing a new song file, it plays immediately. (That's as it should.)
This won't happen on the KIT-PROG page, but there it might result in random kit changes.
However, maybe it's just because the encoder is on a detent,, it should always be inbetween 2 detents.
Best, Deve.