News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Schematic for dual piezo snare

Started by raptor, March 14, 2012, 09:18:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

raptor

Hey everyone,
Anyone know how the dual piezo setup is wired for the snare. I want to try and make one for my 14" wood snare. I had bought a dual zone setup that I installed on my 14" snare but had no luck getting the rim to respond without the the head also firing.

I don't think the 2box snare triggering works that well with large diameter drums.

SHwoKing

I have a 14" snare and a 14" floor tom and they both works well with the 2Box.

Have you setup the rim crosstalk to "high" setting ?

raptor

Oh yea, I've tried every parameter on the module but no luck. If I try to trigger the rim, the head triggers too. I tried a Pearl muffle mesh head and then tried a Hart Magnum, both 14". Kind os discouraging. May have to check out Jman's custom drum triggers.

edtc

can you post a picture of your snare , so we can see what may be  wrong and what kind of dual zone kit you have...?

there is no miracle with "non-floating" or "non switch" rims ...

you ll allways get some crosstalk....

all you can do is :

*optimise the insulation of the head sensor support from the shell , by adding rubber washers for example

*placing your rim sensor so it gets the loudest signal possible from the hoop . It s better to locate it close to where you hit ...

for my 13"snare , i placed two 10mm piezos ( one at 8'o'clock and other at 4'o'clock ) Both piezos are attatched to a metal L bar , screwed to lugs to have a better contact with the hoop.... i dont use rubber on the rim to get a louder signal...

here s a link  http://www.2box-forum.com/index.php/topic,829.msg8050.html#msg8050

then use module settings to reduce crosstalk ,and adjust treshold...

edtc

and about wiring , there is nothing special...  head = sleeve/tip   rim = sleeve/ring

raptor

Quote from: edtc on March 14, 2012, 11:04:18 PM
can you post a picture of your snare , so we can see what may be  wrong and what kind of dual zone kit you have...?

there is no miracle with "non-floating" or "non switch" rims ...

you ll allways get some crosstalk....

all you can do is :

*optimise the insulation of the head sensor support from the shell , by adding rubber washers for example

*placing your rim sensor so it gets the loudest signal possible from the hoop . It s better to locate it close to where you hit ...

for my 13"snare , i placed two 10mm piezos ( one at 8'o'clock and other at 4'o'clock ) Both piezos are attatched to a metal L bar , screwed to lugs to have a better contact with the hoop.... i dont use rubber on the rim to get a louder signal...

here s a link  http://www.2box-forum.com/index.php/topic,829.msg8050.html#msg8050

then use module settings to reduce crosstalk ,and adjust treshold...

Well I have packaged up the dual trigger and am going to return it. The design was similiar to yours. 2 L-brackets; one for the head and one for the rim, both mounted on a lug screw in the shell. Just was not able to get both zones isolated. I may look into some sort of rubber bar that I could mount on the outside of the rim and just above it for xstick and rim shots. We'll see. Maybe I'll look for a an old 10-12" used snare and try coverting that instead.

edtc

Try a  kit with a crossbar design and a center cone trigger and a good insulation ( foam under the sensor plate and rubber washers on lugs screws ...)