News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Different velocity layers in Dsountool

Started by raptor, March 08, 2012, 05:08:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

raptor

Hello again,
I am trying to figure out an issue I am having. I have created a snare wave file (many hits) using BFDECO. The resulting wave file sounds fine when played.

I use Dsoundtool to create the dsnd file. When I listen to the new dsnd file, there are low velocity hits mixed with hard hits and vice versa.

The original wave file shows the midi velocity decreasing as it should. I have looked at the velocity map when I ask dsoundtool to split the file and this map looks fine, but the resulting individual wave files do not match velocity wise  what the map is telling me.

Can anyone explain this. The original midi file was made with dsoundtool; 70 hits with 3 sec interval between hits.

Louis

Hi Raptor,

DSoundTool assigns a velocity based on the maximum volume that can be found in the sample. Could it be that the low volume sounds that are assigned a high velocity have a sound spike somewhere?

If you want, you can mail me a few samples that have wrong velocity (info at shortestpath.se), so I can take a look. Cannot promise a fast response time.