News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

2box or roland td-12

Started by drummer81, November 04, 2009, 07:03:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

roel

Quote from: puttenvr on November 08, 2009, 10:39:29 AM
If you read what you want to read: yes

heb jij dan ook zoveel problemen met je set puttenvr?

Travis182

Quote from: roel on November 08, 2009, 10:07:43 AM
Quote from: Dr.Wu on November 08, 2009, 10:03:23 AM
The cymbalstand broke off when i tried to unscrew the pad for examination. Its the material of the cymbal arms that is very weak.
The cable inside the pad was broken because of a manufacturing error. The metal block was applying pressure to one cable and in combination with hitting it it broke the cable after a while. I shortened the broken part and resoldered the rest-now its ok. Regarding the sympathetic crosstrigering-even my wife can hit the toms and hear additional cymbaltriggers-doesnt take a hard hitter. Its a problem of having all the pads connected to the same rack. I had that same problem with my former TD kit. If i set the threshold high enough to prevent that i cant play any soft dynamics on the cymbalpads.

Roel go and buy a bad sounding way overpriced Roland kit if that's what you think. At least the 2box guys have been listening to their customers and trying to sort things out for the better unlike a major Corp who don't really give a crap about what their customers want and if you buy their kit. Look at the bigger picture rather than just being small minded and posting rubbish.

O man I stlll hear more problems with the drumit five set, its real china poop if you ask me.

roel

Quote from: Travis182 on November 08, 2009, 03:01:26 PM
Quote from: roel on November 08, 2009, 10:07:43 AM
Quote from: Dr.Wu on November 08, 2009, 10:03:23 AM
The cymbalstand broke off when i tried to unscrew the pad for examination. Its the material of the cymbal arms that is very weak.
The cable inside the pad was broken because of a manufacturing error. The metal block was applying pressure to one cable and in combination with hitting it it broke the cable after a while. I shortened the broken part and resoldered the rest-now its ok. Regarding the sympathetic crosstrigering-even my wife can hit the toms and hear additional cymbaltriggers-doesnt take a hard hitter. Its a problem of having all the pads connected to the same rack. I had that same problem with my former TD kit. If i set the threshold high enough to prevent that i cant play any soft dynamics on the cymbalpads.

Roel go and buy a bad sounding way overpriced Roland kit if that's what you think. At least the 2box guys have been listening to their customers and trying to sort things out for the better unlike a major Corp who don't really give a crap about what their customers want and if you buy their kit. Look at the bigger picture rather than just being small minded and posting rubbish.

I'am not a Roland Fan I've owned a roland td12 set, and was not happy with it.
I just hope that 2box will sort those problems out,because I want a set.

puttenvr

Quote from: roel on November 08, 2009, 01:31:33 PM
Quote from: puttenvr on November 08, 2009, 10:39:29 AM
If you read what you want to read: yes

heb jij dan ook zoveel problemen met je set puttenvr?

Nee, niet dus
Afkloppen
Maar die van mij doet het goed

PS: the quote function doesn't work properly
It includes your answer if u give one

Scottie

Quote from: Dr.Wu on November 07, 2009, 07:07:42 AM
my dealer did-but said they are not available.
the cymbalpad was broken too and i waited a long time for a replacement too but then i gave it a shot and repaired it myself.
but as i said-i will probably buy 2 extra stands for the cymbals to prevent sympathetic triggering when i play the toms.

Hi Dr.Wu

If you remember from our last conversation about this, your dealer did not contact Hyperactive in Germany. I spoke with them and they knew nothing about your cymbal that didn't work, they had spare parts in stock that they would have got out straight away for you. If you need another cymbal arm, contact Hyperactive direct and they will be more then happy to help you.

With the trigger have you tweaked the gain settings?

Thanks
Scott

Scottie

Quote from: roel on November 05, 2009, 06:40:25 AM
Quote from: wbrs on November 04, 2009, 11:10:23 PM
Roel have you tried the 2box rubber heads?

I've had rubber heads on my roland td6 and they make more noise than the meshheads.
So I think the rubber heads for the drumit five also.

Hi Roel

The rubber heads on the DrumIt Five will be different to the Roland pads.

Out of interest what have you heard about the kit to make it  "real china poop" in your opinion?
Have you had the chance to sit down and play the kit yourself yet?

Thanks
Scott

roel

Quote from: Scottie on November 08, 2009, 05:34:29 PM

I've had rubber heads on my roland td6 and they make more noise than the meshheads.

Hi Roel

Out of interest what have you heard about the kit to make it  "real china poop" in your opinion?

Thanks
Scott

Hi Scottie,

Yes I have played the drumit five a couple of times at Feedback in Rotterdam.
I really like the sounds, The rack was a little bit unsteady, and the hihatstand is cheap also the hihat sensivity is not really that good.
The pads and kick are suberb they play fine,also the cymbals worked fine.
don't get me wrong I still want one.

Dr.Wu

Quote from: Scottie on November 08, 2009, 05:30:42 PM
the cymbalpad was broken too and i waited a long time for a replacement too but then i gave it a shot and repaired it myself.
but as i said-i will probably buy 2 extra stands for the cymbals to prevent sympathetic triggering when i play the toms.

Hi Dr.Wu

If you remember from our last conversation about this, your dealer did not contact Hyperactive in Germany. I spoke with them and they knew nothing about your cymbal that didn't work, they had spare parts in stock that they would have got out straight away for you. If you need another cymbal arm, contact Hyperactive direct and they will be more then happy to help you.

Thanks
Scott
maybe because he wasnt supposed to sell the unit.
i will contact him again for a replacement.
i tweaked all the settings but still get crosstriggering ebtween the toms and cymbals.
no big deal because i will buy extra stands anyways.

Scottie

Quote from: Dr.Wu on November 08, 2009, 08:20:48 PM
Quote from: Scottie on November 08, 2009, 05:30:42 PM

Hi Dr.Wu

Thanks
Scott
maybe because he wasnt supposed to sell the unit.
i will contact him again for a replacement.
i tweaked all the settings but still get crosstriggering ebtween the toms and cymbals.
no big deal because i will buy extra stands anyways.

Dr Wu

The next shipment is going to hit soon, so i don't think it will be any trouble you contacting Hyperactive to get the replacements. At the end of the day you haven't done anything wrong buying the kit, it was the dealer who was not meant to sell it. You have spent your money buying the kit, and you should have these bits replaced under warranty.
With the cross triggering have you tried turning the gain down on either the toms or cymbals, and then just adjusting the levels?

Thanks
Scott

Scottie

Quote from: roel on November 08, 2009, 07:22:46 PM
Quote from: Scottie on November 08, 2009, 05:34:29 PM

Hi Roel

Thanks
Scott

Hi Scottie,

I really like the sounds, The rack was a little bit unsteady, and the hihatstand is cheap also the hihat sensivity is not really that good.

Hi Roel

We have a new Hihat bracket coming with the next shipment which should make it a bit sturdier. If that still doesn't do the trick for you, then maybe using a tripod stand could be the solution.

With the Hihat did you adjust the sensitivity within the Unit?

When playing the kit did the stand effect your playing at all? For instance did it stop you playing a steady beat, or make you miss hit a pad?
Please dont take that question as me being sarcastic or anything like that, we just like to get all the different user feedback that we can  :)

Thanks
Scott

puttenvr

Hi Scottie,

So no China poop ...

roel

So no China poop ...

[/quote]

Iam curious how it plays after the first update 1.0, so for now we must be patient.

spoenk

a friend recently tried my 2box and thought it sounded better than his td12 and played as good, i don't find the rackstand unsteady, i even like it that the tom pads move the way they do one reason for this being that this way not all the vibrations go straight to the floor i.e. the neighbours...i use another hihat stand though, which is really an upgrade...crosstalk is also not a problem...

drummer81

i bought drum kit 2box and i'm very happy!!! ;D  

HI,i planned to get headphones within the next few days..my first opition was to get the http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sennheiser-HD200-Headphones/dp/B00009QH77

or http://www.amazon.co.uk/Direct-Sound-EX-29-Isolation-Headphones/dp/B0002GZLY2/ref=pd_rhf_shvl_1

micke

Hello!
At this point i would choose a TD12 kit without a second thougt. Yes..2box sounds better but that isnt much help when the triggering doesnt work. The hihat works like crap! the kick misstriggers. I never had any problems with my td12 or td20... i just didnt like the sound of it. If this os uppdate doesnt work i will sell the kit!